Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: first minister jack mcconnell

Joke mcconnel wont support England, probably as he`s a cellic fan . Being brought up down in the central belt, the stereotypical celt favours Eire or Scotland not England, So thats my theory,make of that what you will

I'm with Jack for once, that man is not daft, he is a Scottish MP, he never has been a Westminster lacky. Why should he toe the Westminster line? and he got free publicity in the House Of Commons today from thon idjit Jack Straw, is it not a laugh when you see the one of the greatest seats of government i.e. Westminster holding a debate in these troubled times about the Scottish First Ministers football allegiance
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

[, is it not a laugh when you see the one of the greatest seats of government i.e. Westminster holding a debate in these troubled times about the Scottish First Ministers football allegiance[/quote]

Why were they not doing job they are so handsomely paid for? Any Orgers in London to sort em oot? Grrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by golach
    I'm with Jack for once, that man is not daft, he is a Scottish MP, he never has been a Westminster lacky. Why should he toe the Westminster line? and he got free publicity in the House Of Commons today from thon idjit Jack Straw, is it not a laugh when you see the one of the greatest seats of government i.e. Westminster holding a debate in these troubled times about the Scottish First Ministers football allegiance
    Golach, I'm surprised at you, fancy missing the common sense point of view.
    Keep Westminster concentrating on Jack and his football affiliations. At least when they are doing that it's keeping them out of mischief and gives them less time to make even more blunders.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

I am sure I heard on the radio today that if England win the World Cup there will be a holiday in the UK.

Comn the England

Quote Originally Posted by rollerboy
    First Minister Jack McConnell has disclosed that he will not be supporting England in the World Cup. Asked if he would be backing Beckham and the boys he responded with an uncategorical "No I will not."So what do you think? Was Scotland's leader wrong to speak out, do you respect him for being honest, will you be backing Sven's men?

Or maybe the guy just doesn't like football, won't be watching and as a result won't be supporting any team.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    Or maybe the guy just doesn't like football, won't be watching and as a result won't be supporting any team.
    Canuck, oh yes he will be watching here is his full statement
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm...name_page.html

I'll be supporting any team that plays against England.And i like Italy too (Totti's yummy ) and the french
    Always remember your unique, just like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by acameron
    I am sure I heard on the radio today that if England win the World Cup there will be a holiday in the UK.

Comn the England
    Would they do it if Scotland qualified no so why should they get it ... if they win ?

Cool St Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by acameron

Comn the England
    Damn cheek when Scotland cannot get a national holiday on St Andrews Day!
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Sorry, but I think the attitude of "I'll support any team that's against England" strikes me as insular, ignorant and is the sort of petty thinking that keeps Scotland as a district and not a country. Do you really feel so threatened by England? Aren't we bigger than that?

Quote Originally Posted by mccaugm

Damn cheek when Scotland cannot get a national holiday on St Andrews Day!
    That's easily solved. Move one of the two holidays at Hogmanay to St.Andrew's Day. What could be easier?
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

well as a white english settler, i shall be supporting england with all my heart, i love my country as im sure you do too. When I lived in England I always followed Scotland as I classed them to be part of my country......not anymore. I didnt realise the hatred the scots had for the english, im stunned by it. I got huge stick in the european championships. The media hyp is biased and one sided you guys are right, but you are just creating more aggravation being stuck in the ancient jackobite's V the redcoat era. Since i moved up here my opinions to the scottish have changed, I think you are brilliant, friendly, and an open country, but your hatred of us/me has made me not want the Scottish team to win anything.

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Quote Originally Posted by bigjjuk
    well as a white english settler, i shall be supporting england with all my heart, i love my country as im sure you do too. When I lived in England I always followed Scotland as I classed them to be part of my country......not anymore. I didnt realise the hatred the scots had for the english, im stunned by it. I got huge stick in the european championships. The media hyp is biased and one sided you guys are right, but you are just creating more aggravation being stuck in the ancient jackobite's V the redcoat era. Since i moved up here my opinions to the scottish have changed, I think you are brilliant, friendly, and an open country, but your hatred of us/me has made me not want the Scottish team to win anything.
    its not that we hate you as a person,remember its easier to hate a nation than to hate a person, i have many english friends but i still hate the (in your face) english manner and having to listen to how great you lot are, 200 years ago there was a UK/GB but lets face it now there is just england and that is slowly falling apart,

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy
    its not that we hate you as a person,remember its easier to hate a nation than to hate a person, i have many english friends but i still hate the (in your face) english manner and having to listen to how great you lot are, 200 years ago there was a UK/GB but lets face it now there is just england and that is slowly falling apart,
    I'm and Englander Ex Pat. I moved to Scotland after many years of watching the Politically Correct Pillocks destroy it as they have done in all the home countries.
    As to Jack Mac - Well there is no such thing as bad publicity - has'nt it worked well!!!!
    You can fool some of the people some of the time - but never all of the people all of the time!!

Quote Originally Posted by luskentyre
    Sorry, but I think the attitude of "I'll support any team that's against England" strikes me as insular, ignorant and is the sort of petty thinking that keeps Scotland as a district and not a country. Do you really feel so threatened by England? Aren't we bigger than that?
    so in your eyes scotland is a district of england and not a country in its own right, well doesnt that say it all,

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    That's easily solved. Move one of the two holidays at Hogmanay to St.Andrew's Day. What could be easier?
    Jaws ..Stop it, I would rather keep my two days at Hogmanay than have a St Andrews Day holiday, I enjoy the "hail fellow, well met", "Auld Lang Syne" type of celebration, but not necessarily the type of celebrations that would follow if we had to celebrate our National Saints day, my mind boggles at what we would have to suffer on the TV, OH NO, the "White Heather Club", and shows of that ilk.
    Scotland is a multi cultural nation, and its not all shortbread, heather and tartan, which I am sure is what the directors of the English Broadcasting Company would deam to be what the SCOTS would want to see on St Andys Day. I am forunate as I live in Edinburgh and when you see and feel the atmosphere in Princes Street proir to and on the 31st Dec at Midnight. Its then I feel proud to being a Scot. Not that I dont feel proud the other 364 days of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy
    so in your eyes scotland is a district of england and not a country in its own right, well doesnt that say it all,
    I don't think that was what luskentyre was getting at, as you fully well knew...
    Last edited by Rheghead; 26-May-06 at 16:36.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    I don't think that was what luskentyre was getting at, as you fully well knew...
    o so what did he mean then please enlighten me

I don't hate the english, i just don't want to have to listen to them going on about it for another 40yrs if they won the world cup again
    Always remember your unique, just like everyone else

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast