Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Molluscum Contagiosom

Default Molluscum Contagiosom

Has anybody dealt with this virus before? My son has it and the docs say that there is nothing they can give your child and it takes up to 2 years to go. I did get some collodial silver of the Internet and it does seem to be improving but just wondered if anyone else had gone through this and if they got any other treatments. Feel so sorry for my wee man.

i'm pleading ignorance here. is it know by a more common name, can you describe it?
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

This is a Page from NHS Direct, it might help :-

http://www.cks.nhs.uk/patient_inform...osum/treatment

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

HI my son had it a few years ago and yes there is nothing they can do about it but let it run its course,which is quite ditressing as it is rather unsightly they did however give in and burn off the really big ones wich did help,although that left rather big holes where the spot used to be! x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

The silver spray does seem to be helping, and there are larger ones that the doc said could get forzen off but hopefully if I keep putting the spray on it will totally go. He does seem to be left with little scars where bigger ones have been. Almost chicken pox like. Went to the pool the other day and felt it for him. He isn't bothered about other people looking at him so thankfully it isn't affecting him that way! Thanks for the feedback guys.

the poor wee man its a virus it infects the skin if i remember one of my nephews had it some time back give him a big hug from me

An a hug from me to, one of my g/sons had evil excema as a baby.
    Absolutely super now,6.2 tall, well built, blonde,an fighting them off
    Some people have all the luck,an I hope your boy has his fair share to.
    In every dustbin there's a Daffodil.-Eric Sykes.

Thanks Wicker and Horseman. I will giv him a hug as he is so blooming cuddly anyway. Even at 8! Can't wait to see the back of it, looking at it today I can see improvement. Just hate seeing my wee guy not perfect. I know it's nothing serious like some kids have to deal with. Hopefully it will be gone in a couple of months. The silver spray is expensivebut must be helping. I was just wondering if anyone else had used any other method of treatment.

hiya - both my girls had it, my eldest had it for about 12 months before her sister caught it at about 6 months old, I took them to a homeopath and she gave me stuff for it, it did not make a huge difference to my older daughter - but think that may be because the virus was in her body for so long before I took her - but i made a huge difference to the little one, she had a wee spell where it got worse - but that is what homeopathic medicine does, but then it disappeared completely, she really only had them for a few months - her big sister on the other hand suffered for over 2 years and had a lot of pock marks left over from it.

The homeopath I used lived out west - past Bettyhill but she was fantastic.

My youngest had this and has only within the last few months got over it. I think it took a full year for the spots to go away, and now her arm is still scarred. She couldn't wear t-shirts for ages, she was so self-conscious about it! Hopefully your son will recover quickly.

just an update really, my little boys Molluscum has nearly dissappeared. Would recommend Collodial Silver to any1. It has truly unreal results. Delighted! It can be used for so many other skin conditions, throat infections etc. Brilliant!