Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Rare Albums

Default Rare Albums

Is(are) there a(ny) Music Album(s) you have or indeed record(s) that you would be sure in saying no-one else in Caithness will have.

School of Language - Sea from Shore

Whiskey Falls - Whiskey Falls

I may go as far and say
    Davy Knowles - Coming up for Air

Nick Keir - Fishing Up the moon,
    Rumours of snow
    All over this town.

SR-71 - Now You See Inside
    Tomorro
    w
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Yep, I've got a couple I reckon.

Chaotic Dischord's brilliantly titled 5th album (you'll have to guess the title, as it couldn't possibly be posted here ). It's on the 'Not Very Nice' record label. And it's not.

'Life After Death' were a band that formed briefly out of the remnants of Armored Saint. I have their only album released so far. It's fantastic. And virtually nobody knows about it.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

[quote=Invisible;681455]Is(are) there a(ny) Music Album(s) you have or indeed record(s) that you would be sure in saying no-one else in Caithness will have.

I may go as far and say
    Davy Knowles - Coming up for Air

Sorry Invisible but I have this album and Roll Away from 2007, both great albums I have to say.

If you like Davy Knowles you may want to try:
    David Grissom, 10,000 Feet
    Gov't Mule, By a Thread
    Aynsley Lister, Eqilibrium
    Matt Schofield, Heads Tails & Aces
    Simon McBride, Rich Man Falling
    Oli Brown, Open Road
    Monte Montgomery, Monte Montgomery,

Although they are probably easy to get I would probably think that in Thurso at least I am the only person to own 1 of the 1000 "Sorry Your Not A Winner" White Vinyls released by Enter Shikari as well as Reubens "Keep It To Yourself" Yellow Vinyl also limited to 1000.

If I am wrong then please correct me! lol

Hmm, I will have a host of albums on my PC that not a lot of people will have heard of and a strong possibility that no one in Caithness will have.

Shiner - Lula Divinia.
    Big Black - Songs about Effing.
    Chavez - Gone Glimmering.
    Thurston Moore - Psychic Hearts

Just a few I can think of at the moment.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Yes I have over a 1000 LPs and one which really stands out is the recording live on stage of Jim Hendrix in Germany.

New website for the Arts http://www.highlandartshub.freeforums.org Its Free and Its full of the latest arts news in Caithness and Highlands

Crikey.

I have a signed Yardbirds album, signed Roy Harper albums, signed Groundhogs albums, Taj Mahal albums, lots of stuff I doubt are replicated too often whether in Caithness or not.

I have all the original Captain Beefheart albums, and almost a complete Zappa collection.

I love my vinyl, you cannot feel music interacting physically with the environment in other playback formats.

Mr Bungle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Bungling idiots.

My most treasured album is the one with Buddyrich pictured driving a crapped up old 4x4 in a quarry on the forest tracks.

Filmed even!

James Marshall Turturro!
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Default rare albums

subhumans ..time flies but airoplanes crash.....just brilliant

Thumbs up

Boozeburglar - Agree 100% with the vinyl sound cannot be bettered. CD to my ear is too one dimensional with no body if that makes sense.

Default old LP's

Hey i have hundreds and hundreds of old old lp's mainly pipebands and most of them tha i have are rare, like Campbeltown pipeband playing mull of kintyre with out paul mccartney and also have i think the whole collection of the red hackle pipes and drums now the most recent lp i bought in a charity shop is The Pipes and Drums of British Caledonian airways which is a very raer lp to find also got triumph street pipeband and hundreds more pipeband lp's,

as for cd's well i get my pipeband cd's and have over 25 diferent piping cd's some live and some ordinary so these cd's and lp's are very rare to find in such excellent condition