Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Building tesco

He lives not in the Royal Burgh so who knows? I ken a few though,any up at reay Rheggers?

Not a sausage in Reay but when they next come round selling their crumby sketches, I might suggest they might get richer working for Tescos in Wick.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    Not a sausage in Reay but when they next come round selling their crumby sketches, I might suggest they might get richer working for Tescos in Wick.
    The ones who go around selling the pictures already do have jobs.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

I heard they all wanna make creels & work in granny & grandad homes

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Roses
    I heard they all wanna make creels & work in granny & grandad homes
    At least they want to work, unlike some lazy locals.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    quite right connie, atleast they want to work for a living unlike some who are more than happy to sit on the dole getting hand outs.
    makes me sick when people have a pop at the polish
    The man who views the world at fifty,
    the same as he did at twenty,
    has wasted thirty years of his life.

be specific Connie, which locals?, I work so it aint me! Grrrrrr I ate the bait there

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Roses
    be specific Connie, which locals?, I work so it aint me! Grrrrrr I ate the bait there
    In fact, they're not stupid. Rent and council Tax paid, free prescriptions, free school dinners, free vets treatment for their pets. In fact I was even noticing that they ony have to pay 50p to et into the gym. I think I might become unemployed myself, what a life!! And they can afford to go out every weekend.

Question

In fact, they're not stupid. Rent and council Tax paid, free prescriptions, free school dinners, free vets treatment for their pets. In fact I was even noticing that they ony have to pay 50p to et into the gym. I think I might become unemployed myself, what a life!! And they can afford to go out every weekend.
    Your right about the free rent, although they do pay some poltary amount towards council tax. Free school dinners and perscriptions yes, but when since have they been allowed free vets treatment? i don't think that's right! is it.?

krieve Guest

I think they are allowed vets treatment at a cheaper rate but i don't think it is free but i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    I think they are allowed vets treatment at a cheaper rate but i don't think it is free but i could be wrong.
    Because there was/is a problem with so many unwanted litters of kittens, the PDSA pay for your cat to get dressed. But is all of your pet care paid for.?

krieve Guest

Not sure Angela i don't know for sure but thats the way it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by angela5
    Because there was/is a problem with so many unwanted litters of kittens, the PDSA pay for your cat to get dressed. But is all of your pet care paid for.?
    The unemployed can join the PDSA, for £3 a year their pets get all the vetinary treatment required. Meanwhile us working people can hardly afford to have a pet.

Pity Tesco`s dont sell pets as they`d be cheep(well the budgies would)

Wasn't this about Tesco?

And was the rumour about the Caithness Glass building not that it was going to be a fast food complex- Macdonalds/KFC/Pizza Hut/Burger King and Subway?

A Baskin Robbins ice cream place would be nice- or a Starbucks

It does not take long to build a Tesco- it's a prefabricated arrangement- they're spreading up from Aberdeen -Inverness- hotly followed by Asda.

But when do we get a M&S?
    Bagpuss

Astra Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bagpuss
    Wasn't this about Tesco?

And was the rumour about the Caithness Glass building not that it was going to be a fast food complex- Macdonalds/KFC/Pizza Hut/Burger King and Subway?

A Baskin Robbins ice cream place would be nice- or a Starbucks

It does not take long to build a Tesco- it's a prefabricated arrangement- they're spreading up from Aberdeen -Inverness- hotly followed by Asda.

But when do we get a M&S?
    I think we should wait and see if tesco arrives before dreaming of a marks and sparks

The unemployed can join the PDSA, for £3 a year their pets get all the vetinary treatment required. Meanwhile us working people can hardly afford to have a pet.
    The PDSA scheme at the vets is not just for unemployed, its for anyone who is on housing or council tax benefit for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Fran; 27-May-06 at 00:26.

Without wanting to open a can of worms, don't any of you fear for local traders with all these chain stores opening up. You might moan about what you have now but at least it individualises you as a town. You might become as bland as the rest of Britain before too long. True, crisps and beans willl be dirt cheap but life might never be the same again. I relaise the jobs will be welcome but as an outsider might I be brave enough to sound a note of caution?

Oh, allright then.

Quote Originally Posted by ice box
    Hi does anyone know when the work is to get under way for tesco thing have just seem to gone quite ?
    work is starting on wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by landmarker
    Without wanting to open a can of worms, don't any of you fear for local traders with all these chain stores opening up. You might moan about what you have now but at least it individualises you as a town. You might become as bland as the rest of Britain before too long. True, crisps and beans willl be dirt cheap but life might never be the same again. I relaise the jobs will be welcome but as an outsider might I be brave enough to sound a note of caution?

Oh, allright then.
    If you live up here you will learn that there is your time - normal time and Caithness time. NOTHING will ever change that.
    THe same applies to the people - and it has been a great pleasure and experience to adopt to Caithness time.
    They can build a supermarket on every corner - but it will not change Caithness - or it's people - and nor it should.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time - but never all of the people all of the time!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast