Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caithness music

wiseman Guest

Default Caithness music

Having recently returned to my homeland, god's country (Wick to be specific) I am keen to explore the modern day musicians and local bands in the area.
    So far I have heard the name Boss hog being mentioned and am aware they have a show coming up in the poor side of Caithness. I am a keen Scottish music enthusiast but am open minded to anyone trying to do something new.
    On another subject, from reading this fine website, I am disspapointed to see that the same paranoia and unwillingness to give newcomers a fair chance is still alive after all these years away! (I see the thread has also been removed!).

Tut tut, some people will never mature!

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by wiseman
    Having recently returned to my homeland, god's country (Wick to be specific) I am keen to explore the modern day musicians and local bands in the area.
    So far I have heard the name Boss hog being mentioned and am aware they have a show coming up in the poor side of Caithness. I am a keen Scottish music enthusiast but am open minded to anyone trying to do something new.
    On another subject, from reading this fine website, I am disspapointed to see that the same paranoia and unwillingness to give newcomers a fair chance is still alive after all these years away! (I see the thread has also been removed!).

poor side indeed.........................OK my grandad was born in WICK, Louisburgh Street to be precise

please don't whack me

Scottish enthusiast huh....................there's a regular traditional session happens in the comm over on the poor side of town............mwahaha

wiseman Guest

thankyou my good man (or woman), its been a while since i've heard some good local music. hopefully some good accordian players will convince me that there is still some talent around this barren land. can anyone tell me anything about boss hog? my good lady informs me that they are a type of celtic rock. i look forward to hearing them although i feel they may be a bit loud!

thankyou my good man (or woman), its been a while since i've heard some good local music. hopefully some good accordian players will convince me that there is still some talent around this barren land. can anyone tell me anything about boss hog? my good lady informs me that they are a type of celtic rock. i look forward to hearing them although i feel they may be a bit loud!
    celtic rock......................I think they describe themselves as "melodic rock"

Shutter are all instrumental which I must say is really refreshing

& the last time I checked I was of the male gender, although I'm sure there are orgers who'll argue

its been a while since i've heard some good local music. hopefully some good accordian players will convince me that there is still some talent around this barren land. can anyone tell me anything about boss hog? my good lady informs me that they are a type of celtic rock. i look forward to hearing them although i feel they may be a bit loud!
    Welcome to the forum wiseman..Boss Hogg are an energetic four piece melodic rock band, who are incidentally playing in the Redwood this Saturday with a couple of other bands as well. They rock.. Do you play any instruments wiseman?
    Asinus asinum fricat

Define a newcomer. How many years before one isn't.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Well you could visit my website and buy our latest album, all proceeds are going to charity....god I don't miss a single chance to plug the album,lol.
    Anyway the album is called "Lonely Road" and you can listen to the title track on the site before you buy.

can anyone tell me anything about boss hog? my good lady informs me that they are a type of celtic rock. i look forward to hearing them although i feel they may be a bit loud!
    As Chobbers and Doc quite rightly said, we are a non celtic, melodic rock band. We write and play all our own stuff with the odd cover thrown in for good measure.

Hope you come along on Saturday night. We get all sorts of ages at our gigs, from 14 to 70 (that's right, there was a 70 year old chap at the E.P launch who stayed all night and thoroughly enjoyed himself).

Hope this was of some use to you, and if not, check out http://www.bosshogg.co.uk and http://www.myspace.com/bosshogguk

Cheers,
    BH

OOOOps!! forgot to add our web address to my last post, thanks everyone for NOT pointing that oot! lol Anyway it's www.howlingaels.co.uk .Hope you enjoy wiseman.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Hogg

Hope you come along on Saturday night. We get all sorts of ages at our gigs, from 14 to 70 (that's right, there was a 70 year old chap at the E.P launch who stayed all night and thoroughly enjoyed himself).
    70 years old???!!!! surely paul craig isn't as old as that already?

Quote Originally Posted by clash67
    Well you could visit my website and buy our latest album, all proceeds are going to charity....god I don't miss a single chance to plug the album,lol.
    Anyway the album is called "Lonely Road" and you can listen to the title track on the site before you buy.

WOO go HG

love it!
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy
    WOO go HG

love it!
    Please Zebedy, you shouldn't encourage me lol.

haha

Wiseman..

lookin for good music check out Clash's dudes!

Sorry not trying to bum it out or anything but its so good!
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

wiseman Guest

Thankyou all for the local links!

In this context I define newcomer in the local recording sense.

bit of a relative old comer then

Then there were no newcomers in the pulled thread that you referred to>

You have not yet told us what your instument is. Is it a secret?

wiseman Guest

So from that comment am I correct to assume that Doc Rock is not offering a 'new' recording service? I stand corrected if this is the case and will replace 'newcomers' with 'anyone' in reference to my first post.

Correct, I haven't told you what I play yet (sorry was I supposed to?) and no it isn't a secret.

Correct, I haven't told you what I play yet (sorry was I supposed to?) and no it isn't a secret.
    erm you have been asked

so whad'ya play...................if it aint a secret

wiseman Guest

Erm, yes I may have been asked but its not actually a requirement for me to do so

Or maybe it is?

Only joking, I play fiddle, violin and piano. All good fun.
    Last edited by wiseman; 27-May-06 at 22:15.

So from that comment am I correct to assume that Doc Rock is not offering a 'new' recording service? I stand corrected if this is the case and will replace 'newcomers' with 'anyone' in reference to my first post.

Twas Doc Rock who asked if you play any instruments. We all wait with bated breath for your game to reveal itself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast