Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: cat pining

Unhappy cat pining

had my two cats for nearly 15 years.{they were brothers from the same litter} and i've had them since they were 5 weeks old. 3 weeks ago one took ill and i took him to the vets but he sadly died! the other cat is pining for his brother. the first week was terrible but at least he's speaking to me now. but when i put food out for him he runs outside i think to look for his brother and he is picking at his food.iv'e also found him a few times lying on the ground where i buried his brother,as if he knows he's there. anyone got any suggestions what i can do to 'cheer' him up?

Oh I am so sorry on the loss of your cat and that his brother is pining for him.
    Must be so hard for you.

The homeopathic remedy Ignatia can really help with this.

If you pm me with your name and address I could send you some to try?

I have the same with my Muffin. Her niece Gizmo went to cat heaven just before Christmas. She is still pining! Still eats etc, is now more loving than ever, but won't sleep in her bed any more, and makes horrible noises when she wants to come in. She's about 14 years old now.
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

Sorry to hear of the loss. Its so sad

When my OH's cat Eoin died, his other cat Fintan pined for quite a while and for a long time didnt seem his usual bouncy energetic self. We got Brenon then, a wee playmate and fintan has been fine since. They pretend they hate each other but then they have their loving moments.

another companion was a great thing for Fintan.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

i know how hard it is went though it with my cat last year all you can do is give your cat time mine had been together for 18yrs it was awful seeing his sister pineing for him, but let liz help she was great when my hamster was ill gave me some stuff that worked wonders xxxxx

awwwwwww thats soooo sad hope your another moggie will be fine soooon poor weee thing
    dont judge staffies...its the owners that should be judged

How sad your boy is pining...lots of extra cuddles and time will help him through his grieving......

Did he get to see and sniff at his dead sibling?
    Animals get over a loss more easily if they know the other is dead and not just suddenly gone!

Post cat pining

hey guys! puss seems to be a wee bit better this weekend. still abit restless but he's not meowing and searching so much. thanks everyone for all the advise you gave! hopefully he will get better with time!X

It is so sad it was pitiful when Tigger died CJ iwould not stop crying which made it so hard for me too as I was missing him so much she took a couple of weeks to get back to normal but she did in the end x