Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tv.s

thanks for the input guys but i took the wife to inverness today and got a good deal on a 50inch samsung plazma.so im well chuffed me and the ps3 all night long.as the wife thought she was going down for a shopping spree she aint talking now so its a win win situation for me woop woop.

Thumbs down

£500 for a telly!!!! More money than sense.

Quote Originally Posted by devil's sidekick View Post
    Sorry moonboots but i have to disagree with you on this one i think my lcd has a lot better quality than your plasma i find my picture is a lot more clear even through the ps3 there is a big difference plus i have had mine a couple of year as you know and there ain't a single thing wrong with it.

we have to disagree sometimes lol
    We do have to disagree and im still going too lol...

I honestly think my picture is still more superior than your LCD. Your picture might be clear but its too clear.. You can see a jagged edge effect on everything.. Clear isnt everything.. its down to quality of a picture...

Remember you have to wear glasses and i dont lol..... What does that say!!!!
    Ive got 20/20 vision lol...

I know your TV has not had any problems... im not saying it has but i know a few people who have had problems..

So to sum up a bit, if one is going to get Sky HD and one wants a 40 inch-ish HD telly give me 5 recommendations of tvs rather than sellers of the same

Quote Originally Posted by Moonboots View Post
    We do have to disagree and im still going too lol...

I honestly think my picture is still more superior than your LCD. Your picture might be clear but its too clear.. You can see a jagged edge effect on everything.. Clear isnt everything.. its down to quality of a picture...

Remember you have to wear glasses and i dont lol..... What does that say!!!!
    Ive got 20/20 vision lol...

I know your TV has not had any problems... im not saying it has but i know a few people who have had problems..
    there is no jagged effect on my tv lad you might have 20/20 vision but i only need glasses for reading i bet peter will tell you the same as me and i bet a lot of others will too and there is no chance your picture is more superior than mine i would even take mine to yours just to prove it, even when aidan had the ps3 through yours the picture quality is no where near as good, and my lcd picture quality is definately better, the colours through the hd are meant to be more vibrant hence why mine is so clear so why isn't your colours more vibrant through hd lol

Quote Originally Posted by im behind you View Post
    i was in at tesco today and there was a tv that caught my eye for £465. which i thought was a good deal for a 42 inch tv.it was a samsung plasma tv.and i thought about it. and im sure that the plasmas are quite bad for blowing cylinders for its picture quality but not 100%. so any one that could help me out before i go and buy one would be much appreciated.
    i bought this telly last summer from tesco, and i can honestly say i'm delighted with it!
    good picture and sound. looks good too. i got the surround sound for the telly for my birthday
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

there is no jagged effect on my tv lad you might have 20/20 vision but i only need glasses for reading i bet peter will tell you the same as me and i bet a lot of others will too and there is no chance your picture is more superior than mine i would even take mine to yours just to prove it, even when aidan had the ps3 through yours the picture quality is no where near as good, and my lcd picture quality is definately better, the colours through the hd are meant to be more vibrant hence why mine is so clear so why isn't your colours more vibrant through hd lol
    My colours are more vibrant..... u just dont see it cause im not usually watching HD when ur in lol...

Aidan had it through it wae his PS3 but it wasnt setup correctly.
    Yet again.. u buy a TV to watch TV... not play games on..... Alot of people do but i dont..

I dont use the dynamic settings cause i think it looks awful. I will show you the next time wae the TV is that ive got it set on the settings for Cinema...

You can take the TV down to mine just to try and prove a point but everyone is entitled to their own opinions...lol...

Aww dont move the post lol

Aww dont move the post lol
    gaming was an example and yes aidans ps3 was set up right cause i was the one who set it through hd lol.

thats why it was setup wrong lol..
    You setup the settings on the HD but not on the TV haha

My colours are more vibrant..... u just dont see it cause im not usually watching HD when ur in lol...

Aidan had it through it wae his PS3 but it wasnt setup correctly.
    Yet again.. u buy a TV to watch TV... not play games on..... Alot of people do but i dont..

I dont use the dynamic settings cause i think it looks awful. I will show you the next time wae the TV is that ive got it set on the settings for Cinema...

You can take the TV down to mine just to try and prove a point but everyone is entitled to their own opinions...lol...

I really do think it's down to personal choice as to whether you prefer LCD or Plasma. Some like the 'artificial' brightnes of LCD which at times can nearly burn your eyeballs!
    I had the Panasonic 32LXD700 LCD and it is a brilliant telly with a great quality of picture but I was fed up with backlight bleed and clouding which is a common problem with LCDs so the guy from Panasonic, who I was dealing ,recommended that I get a Plasma as he said they were better.

Well I have to say I am glad I did as it is great! The picture quality is much more realistic but colours are still vibrant where they need to be.
    I don't get awful tired eyes after a few hours of viewing like I did with my LCD.

Moonboots I prefer the Cinema setting like you do and Dynamic setting is just awful!!!

The only time I wouldn't get a Plasma is if I was viewing it in a really bright room as it is better in a room with less light. Also you can't have it somewhere like a conservatory as it can't be kept in high temperatures.

I suppose it's horses for courses at the end of the day and if you get a telly you like whether it is LCD, Plasma or LED then that's all that matters.

I currently have a samsung crt slim fit tv 32" and have had it for 4 years. It still looks good as it has the look of an LCD, just not as light (it's damn heavy) It is starting to make a loud ringing noise so that tells me it is on it's way out.

I've always thought that a lot of LCD tvs are poor in picture quality and have a lot of blurring when watching fast moving things on the screen and have been told that if you want a big tv over 32"-37" then plasmas are the best option.

It will be a minefield when i come to pick a new tv. 100HZ, 600HZ TECHNOLOGY, LED, LCD, FULL HD, INTERNET TV. NEXT IT'S 3D TV's

I think for the size of living room that I have a 37" tv will be ample size. I do however want a good picture quality for sky hd and less blurring images for a decent price. I just hope my tv lasts until the led tvs have been tested thoroughly and better models are on the market. Any tv's I like the look of just now are too expensive and the ones I can afford look like they have a crap picture.

I am sure you would be happy with the Panasonic 37X10 retrodj.

I am very fussy when it comes to picture quality and I am more than delighted with mine.
    The only problem would be if your room is really bright. Still if you were okay with your CRT then Plasma shouldn't be a problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123