Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Post ghosts

didn't bevieve till my dad died. wouldn't say it was a ghost but a presence. weeks after he died i would wake in the middle of the night and he would be sitting at my side telling me he was ok.didn't tell anybody about it cause they would think i was crackin up.one night months after he died i had a BIG argument with oh, and thought i dreamt that he was telling me to leave and get out of the house,when i woke up i was sitting in the car freezing cold!!!!! spooky or what!

I too am a sceptic, but reading this thread (and others in the past) makes you wonder

Dont believe in them myself.

Then again I was in an aircraft shelter in Germany many moons ago and one of the Techies came round from behind the jet looking a bit pale, he kept pointing to a corner of the shelter and asking me if I saw "it", I couldn't see a thing and just said no but he was quite animated about it. He said it was a figure of an "old style" Pilot and when he drew it later it looked like a German airman from the hat and jacket. Even that didnt make sense, the airfield wasnt even built until the early fifties so what a WW2 airman would be doing there beats me.

I dont buy into the idea but if other people do then fair enough. Maybe some people just cant "see" them ??

I enjoy spirits, especially Pussers Rum, Bacardi, Highland Park, Whyte & Mackays , Brandy, Port if I have a nice bit of Stilton with it. But as far as ghosts are concerened,I have no idea, never seen one, never heard one, what I cannot see, touch or smell, I have doubts about.
    Last edited by golach; 25-Mar-10 at 15:37.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I was always wary about ghosts being real,until I saw one there was no other explaination for what I saw and it totally freaked me and my (then) hubby out! I think its ceratinly people who are more "open" to seeing these sorts of things,and children are particulalry good at it.Thats said one of my friends is "a man of science" and totally disbelieves in this sort of thing,so I guess its a matter of what you yourself believe in x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Well we have something loose aboot oor hoose. Things keep disappearing then some reappear anything from a few days to a few weeks later, in a totally different place or room. Some never reappear, especially cashew nuts for some reason.

The latest was about 3 weeks ago. Hubby was frying an egg and turned round to get something out the fridge. When he turned back, the spatula had gone. It hasn't turned up yet.

We also go through spells of knockings on windows, doors and walls. This drives the dogs crazy.

After years of this, hubby walked into the hall one night and found a wee wummin standing there. She was about five feet tall and wearing a long black dress with white piping down the front. She just looked at him then disappeared. He then shouted, "come back, I seen you," but she hasn't been seen since.

I can understand why many don't believe if they haven't experienced anything. I also wonder how many have strange things happen, like things disappearing and reappearing, and just blame it on the kids?

I've alwas believed in ghost but as yet have never seen one or at least I dont think so.

When i was about 12 we moved to an area that had a monestry at somepoint in the woods which ran down the side of the estate.The estate had been abandoned years before but you good still see the remains of the castle,servants quarters,boat house,summer garden etc.
    We eventually found a horse graveyard and a dog one so whether or not it was our vivid imagination or not we often thought we saw monks,heard horse hoves and saw disappearing dogs.

My dad died suddenly over 30 years ago and although I've never seen him I've often "felt" him close when I've needed help.
    Mum and I liked to go for coffee and a piece of cake,her wee treat, so I still make sure there's a spare seat for her when we go out.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Don't know about 'ghosts' as such but a number of years ago Mrs Beks, did, on about four occasions watch a floating 'ball' - about the size of a tennis ball, but black, float across the bedroom.

On one occasion she had just finished a cross-stitch of a night-scene and had laid it on the bed. She then said to me 'did you see that'? What? - no did not see a thing.
    She said she had watched this 'ball' slowly move across the room and 'hover' over the cross-stitch, before it faded away.

Well I'd never seen 'it' - until about 2 years ago, we were sitting down and I noticed a black ball; size of a tennis ball, move across the room and disappear - she did too, so no idea what that was about?
    Not seen it since - any ideas?
    Last edited by bekisman; 25-Mar-10 at 18:43.
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Default Re Ghosts

I am unsure, about ghosts that is, however, I intend to be one, one day
    there is a particular person that I have promised to haunt, and haunt him I will if not in my lifetime, then after I am dead.

With regard to your cigar smoking "friend" from your cupboard, I did when I was younger, experience similar but again no explanation could be found,

I think maybe the "spirit" of a person could linger awhile,

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    Well we have something loose aboot oor hoose. Things keep disappearing then some reappear anything from a few days to a few weeks later, in a totally different place or room. Some never reappear, especially cashew nuts for some reason.

The latest was about 3 weeks ago. Hubby was frying an egg and turned round to get something out the fridge. When he turned back, the spatula had gone. It hasn't turned up yet.

We also go through spells of knockings on windows, doors and walls. This drives the dogs crazy.

After years of this, hubby walked into the hall one night and found a wee wummin standing there. She was about five feet tall and wearing a long black dress with white piping down the front. She just looked at him then disappeared. He then shouted, "come back, I seen you," but she hasn't been seen since.

I can understand why many don't believe if they haven't experienced anything. I also wonder how many have strange things happen, like things disappearing and reappearing, and just blame it on the kids?
    Thats a bit mad lol. I wonder what the woman wanted with everything? Could you perhaps have a poltergist in your home?

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Don't know about 'ghosts' as such but a number of years ago Mrs Beks, did, on about four occasions watch a floating 'ball' - about the size of a tennis ball, but black, float across the bedroom.

On one occasion she had just finished a cross-stitch of a night-scene and had laid it on the bed. She then said to me 'did you see that'? What? - no did not see a thing.
    She said she had watched this 'ball' slowly move across the room and 'hover' over the cross-stitch, before it faded away.

Well I'd never seen 'it' - until about 2 years ago, we were sitting down and I noticed a black ball; size of a tennis ball, move across the room and disappear - she did too, so no idea what that was about?
    Not seen it since - any ideas?
    Hmm sounds like one of those orbs things. I've never seen one myself but i do know they are about and can be found anywhere.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

I've seen and heard some weirdy goings on but I'm still not convinced about ghosts.
    I've had experience of ESP and Deja vu, but I guess we've all had that in some form or another. It was more prevalent when I was younger.

Like Conmore's suggestion, I do like the idea of becoming a ghost, just out of pure devilment. The childishness of it makes it so appealing, moving and hiding stuff. Tapping the back of someone's knee when their stood up so they collapse in a heap.
    Also with a technical bent, make cash machines spew out money. Make lifts go to every other floor but the one people want. Switching things on and off.

The list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I've seen and heard some weirdy goings on but I'm still not convinced about ghosts.
    I've had experience of ESP and Deja vu, but I guess we've all had that in some form or another. It was more prevalent when I was younger.

Like Conmore's suggestion, I do like the idea of becoming a ghost, just out of pure devilment. The childishness of it makes it so appealing, moving and hiding stuff. Tapping the back of someone's knee when their stood up so they collapse in a heap.
    Also with a technical bent, make cash machines spew out money. Make lifts go to every other floor but the one people want. Switching things on and off.

The list is endless.

Ahhhh, but what do you think Deja Vu is????
    I believe that when we are on the other side we design a kind of blue print for the major events in our next life. We base these events on experiences and emotions that we wish to experience and the lessons we can learn from them.
    I personally believe that Daja Vu is our spirit self telling us we are on track with what we hoped for this life. In other words we feel we have experienced certain moments before because in a sense we have - when we designed our blueprint on the other side.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Default ghosts

we do we lived at the cross and my wife and mother in law did see some shadows more upstaires you did feel as you were been watched but nothing bad happend so you belive in them they dont want to hurt you they just have not realised they should ave gone and some beive they have something to do first

I didn't believe in ghosts, till I saw one. Now I do.
    People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will
    never forget how you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    I did not believe in ghosts at all until October 25 2001. That's the date I saw a ghost in my house; not this one but the last one.

You don't believe until you see.

That's logical.

I know many will scoff. So did I.
    Oh I am very sceptical about what I see.

The ghost taught me a valuable lesson. I don't know everything.

Whatever we saw, repeatedly, I have no explanation for. We term it 'ghost' because that's what our culture calls it.
    One day Science may have an explanation - but until then 'ghost' will do me.
    Aye - it's what I felt. Exactly.
    But I did not run away even though the shiver went all down my spine- as it did every time I saw him.

But after a while I recognised that the shiver was not fear - just a sign that 'he' was there.
    And I stopped being afraid of him.

Weird.

To find out more:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...ts&h=4AQEasVMb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12