Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Default Do you believe in ghosts?

I'm starting to wonder! Recently I've been seeing shadows and movements but when I look again, there is nothing there and then the other evening I went to go to bed and when I entered my bathroom closet I got a strong smell of cigar smoke. Nobody has ever smoked in my house and especially not in my top floor cupboard! It only lasted a few mins and then it disappeared........has anyone else had any similar experiences or should I consult a psychiatrist?!

Different people will tell you different things.
    I would tell you that you were probably visited by spirit but others would tell you to run to that psychiatrist

Do I believe in ghosts? Nope.
    Do I believe in spirit? Sure do.

I hate the term ghost as it implies a white sheet floating mid air with eye holes.
    But I do believe in spirit and I do believe that spirit visit us and can make their presence known by moving things or introducing a smell or the memory of a smell.
    Do you know anyone passed over that smoked?

As to why you're getting these visits, well that could be a multitude of scenarios.
    Are you going through a difficult time in your life right now? I believe loved ones who have passed over like to let us know they're still here for comfort when we need them the most. Although from your post I'm guessing this smell did not remind you of anyone in particular.
    Do you know the history of the house? Some spirits just linger meaning you no harm.

Whatever you end up believing take some advice and do not just put it down to your imagination. Keep an open mind and who knows, maybe you'll see something else. If you want to of course?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Wink

..."should I consult a psychiatrist?!"...probably not...but definitely a Sparky to check out your wiring...and fit a Smoke Alarm!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

I did not believe in ghosts at all until October 25 2001. That's the date I saw a ghost in my house; not this one but the last one.

You don't believe until you see.

That's logical.

I know many will scoff. So did I.

As JL said, untill you see one, you will be a sceptic.

I was, untill both myself and my then girlfreind witnessed spirit activity less than two feet in front of us. It was irrefutable as the "episode" went of for over a minuet, giving us both time to exsaust all other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    untill you see one, you will be a sceptic.

Unless you're sceptical about what you see.

Oh I am very sceptical about what I see.

The ghost taught me a valuable lesson. I don't know everything.

Whatever we saw, repeatedly, I have no explanation for. We term it 'ghost' because that's what our culture calls it.
    One day Science may have an explanation - but until then 'ghost' will do me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybiscuits03 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder! Recently I've been seeing shadows and movements but when I look again, there is nothing there and then the other evening I went to go to bed and when I entered my bathroom closet I got a strong smell of cigar smoke. Nobody has ever smoked in my house and especially not in my top floor cupboard! It only lasted a few mins and then it disappeared........has anyone else had any similar experiences or should I consult a psychiatrist?!
    No, because I've never been in your house.

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    I did not believe in ghosts at all until October 25 2001. That's the date I saw a ghost in my house; not this one but the last one.

You don't believe until you see.

That's logical.

I know many will scoff. So did I.
    My partner did scoff but now he thinks theres more to it. His change of belief happened during a notion we had to take a walk around castletown harbour walk in the pitch black. We've done it so many times before in the dark but only once before with a pitch black sky. That once we were followed the whole way round the walk. But anyways the night in question which changed his view on spirits I had been upset earlier (As us pregnant women find it easy to find ourselves when something goes wrong lol) and we decided to go for a walk and enjoy the night sky. We only got a hundred feet in the pitch black before i couldn't go on. Maybe my abilites to sense spirits have gotten stronger or maybe it was just because i had been upset earlier and it left me completly open to the spirit world, of which i do not know. What i do know was that we were being followed and not in a nice way. We turned to go back and i felt my partner freeze. He stood still for a moment and then resumed walking. When we got back to the streey lighted area he told me he had felt the instinct to fight or flee and that he had felt that had been someone standing right in front of him. Up til that moment he had been a complete sceptic about spirits but now he does think theres more to it than before.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Aye - it's what I felt. Exactly.
    But I did not run away even though the shiver went all down my spine- as it did every time I saw him.

But after a while I recognised that the shiver was not fear - just a sign that 'he' was there.
    And I stopped being afraid of him.

Weird.

Lol you should try sitting in my mum's living room during the evening. There is always a smell of cigar smoke in one corner for about an hour and then disappears. My step dad thinks its his grandfather as it smells like the tobacco he used to smoke when he was alive.

My late dad walks me home after work. He was always worried about any of us walking in the dark espcilly in inverness. He walks on my right putting me into the inside of the pavement. It's quite nice knowing he's still around and looking out for me.

So to answer your question, yes i believe in spirits, its veyr hard not to after experiencing what i have experienced over the last couple of years.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post
    I hate the term ghost as it implies a white sheet floating mid air with eye holes.
    You should try watching Scooby doo.

The house does not have any history as we are the 1st to live here, which made me question myself more! I always felt a presence in my last house and when a family member came to visit she swore not to come back as she thought it was haunted (strangely also a new build), I always felt comfortable about it though whereas in this house I always feel as though Im being watched.
    I believe I have seen a ghost of a little girl twice one night, watching over my OH as he kept coughing and spluttering in his sleep, then the next day my daughter had dreamed of the same girl, same clothes and she was looking for someone to take her in.......freaky.
    Dont mind a little girl ghost, not so sure she should be smoking cigars though!

Either consult a shrink or leave of the bottle but forget about ghost they are in the mind and not for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    You should try watching Scooby doo.
    Exactly, every time there's a ghost in Scooby Doo it's either the janitor or the guy who owns the water slide.

The house does not have any history as we are the 1st to live here, which made me question myself more! I always felt a presence in my last house and when a family member came to visit she swore not to come back as she thought it was haunted (strangely also a new build), I always felt comfortable about it though whereas in this house I always feel as though Im being watched.
    I believe I have seen a ghost of a little girl twice one night, watching over my OH as he kept coughing and spluttering in his sleep, then the next day my daughter had dreamed of the same girl, same clothes and she was looking for someone to take her in.......freaky.
    It sounds like you've had someone move around with you. Growing up we always had a spirit in every hosue we've ever lived in. It is now my mum knows it is her mother and always has been her mother. She was very much for boys and i have 4 brothers. At first it bugged me that there was always someone there watching you come up the stairs but now i just say hello to her lol. The lassie could have been there from before the house you are in was built. My partner and i lived in a block of flats that were newly built and on the landing there was a spirit who constantly made me feel as if i was being pushed into out flat when it was dark. When my sister came to stay i asked her to tell me who it was outside on the landing and she told me that it was a woman who was scared and didn't want anyone out in the dark. She had been attacked but not in the flathouse before it had been built there. It is her fear that grounds her there.

My sister can see, sense emotions and can tell you exactly how the spirit came to be there and why they stay. She can mostly always tell you the spirit's name too. I can only sense them and pinpoint exactly where they are standing. I would love to develop it further but there are times when i am glad i can only sense them and pinpoint their location.

It certainly sounds as though you have spirit moving around with you. It certainly doesn't sound as though they intend any harm though.

The chances are that if you ever found out who it is and found their history then there's most likely going to be a connection to you somewhere.
    Dig deep, you may just be able to make the little girl connection yourself?
    As for the cigar smoke, don't you know anyone passed over that used to smoke them? A smell is usually there to connect a memory and if that smell is around the girl also then chances are that's where the connection to you will be.
    It could also be that the smoker is the one bringing the little girl through or even vice versa.

I would so love to be able to connect with spirit in some way but I know that it's not meant to be.
    I've connected in dreams but never the way a true medium would be able to.
    I have had a strong belief of an afterlife since the day I was born. It's not something I had drilled into me - in fact it was not talked of too much - but I've always always 'known'.

I don't have a problem with people not believing, that's completely cool too but my belief of an afterlife and everything it means both in this life and in passing over has helped me through some horrific times in my life.

It would be great to know if you ever get to the bottom of your visits.

Incidentally how old is your daughter? I believe the younger they are the more open to spirit they are. The older they become the more cynical society teaches them to be and they lose their openness.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

i am not so sure i believe

I totally believe, but then again I've seen "ghosts" since I was little, on and off not all the time. It's not something I've ever questioned but I understand how some people are sceptical....until they see something for themselves

I would check out all the physcial possibilities though, just to make sure.

seems it's you who are attracting the spirits,not the house. find out what they want.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast