Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Watcha doin'?

I am looking forward to having a Japanese meal tonight - my step-daughter's 30th birthday. Yum yum - will save some appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    mmmmmm i`m waiting for a helicopter to come get me and take me home,
    What colour?

Just been out with my ADI head on for a couple of lessons, got back and took the mutt down to the harbour and up to the castle...lovely day.

Currently making tea and thinking about having a beer tonight if it's quiet enough.

I'm thinking of going to work. I've done enough overtime last few days so may wander in about noon.

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    I am also listening on Youtube to the greatest tenor who ever lived, bar none and drinking a small glass of rum, which I like.
    Is that Pav, John? - saw him at the SEC in Glasgow about ten years back; the best!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

No Beks - not Pavarotti.
    I read that Pavarotti's hero was a tenor- somebody asked Pavarotti in an interview if he was aiming to be better than Jussi Bjorling.

Pavarotti stoppsed in mid air and said'Please - I am only human...'
    So I found Bjorling.

Just listen to this. Turn the volume up and just listen.

I'm a man. I don't cry.....

But I ain't ashamed to say that things were very blurry by the end - that last high note is just incredible- I don't know how a human being can sing like this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nrDfqoYzNo

What am I doing?
    I'm at work and having lunch; sausage and egg followed by lemon sponge with cream

Luvverly.

Sitting here reading posts and wishing my arm would heal quickly so i can get back to driving and normality!..well as normal as I can be x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

No Beks - not Pavarotti.
    I read that Pavarotti's hero was a tenor- somebody asked Pavarotti in an interview if he was aiming to be better than Jussi Bjorling. Pavarotti stoppsed in mid air and said'Please - I am only human...' So I found Bjorling. Just listen to this. Turn the volume up and just listen.
    I'm a man. I don't cry..... But I ain't ashamed to say that things were very blurry by the end - that last high note is just incredible- I don't know how a human being can sing like this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nrDfqoYzNo

What am I doing? I'm at work and having lunch; sausage and egg followed by lemon sponge with cream Luvverly.
    Yes, agree with you; The Swedish daily newspaper Svenska Dagbladet (SvD) published an article on September 6, 2007, that refers to two interviews with Pavarotti. It is clear that Jussi Björling was his idol. "When I'm about to train a new opera, I first listen to how Jussi Björling did it. His voice was unique and it's his path that I want to follow. I would more than anything else wish that people compared me with Jussi Björling. It's like so I'm striving to sing."

my 'tear-jerker' and what I want at my funeral is: Cavalleria Rusticana - Intermezzo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDVFaheqQAg

Get your hanky out!

Not eating anything - got Dentist appointment in Golspie this afternoon...
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Very nice that. Very nice.

I am packing an overnight bag and have booked an alarm call for 5.15am.
    I am looking forward to the legendary ferry breakfast; by mid-day tomorrow I should be poking round Kemmel Hill, then Poperinghe, Bayernwald Trench, and, if time allows, the Pool of peace at Spanbroekmolen.

At 8pm the Menin Gate ceremony - hope there's some pipers there.

Friday is Flanders fields, Langemarck, Essex Farm, Sanctuary Wood and Tyne Cot.

Then home. Lots to pack in

Very nice that. Very nice.

I am packing an overnight bag and have booked an alarm call for 5.15am.
    I am looking forward to the legendary ferry breakfast; by mid-day tomorrow I should be poking round Kemmel Hill, then Poperinghe, Bayernwald Trench, and, if time allows, the Pool of peace at Spanbroekmolen.

At 8pm the Menin Gate ceremony - hope there's some pipers there.

Friday is Flanders fields, Langemarck, Essex Farm, Sanctuary Wood and Tyne Cot.

Then home. Lots to pack in
    Hope you don't mind me asking John? Is this an organised tour or something you have set up yourself?

No - I am doing it. Organised it- coach, hostel, itinerary and I am doing all the talking.

I am back from Ypres and Knackered.
    On the way home I was in a 40mph zone and a b****** overtook me doing about 60 on the wrong side of the keep left bollards where a girl was killed two years ago. He then sped south at about 100mph; no joke

So i just finished reporting the SoB to the local coppers and I hope he gets done- cos I got his full registration.

If they want me as a witness they shall have me.
    I just tucked into fish and chips, much red wine and am waiting for herself to come in so I can go to bed.

An interesting day.

Just cleaned up the bathroom after bathing the kids went pete tong on me!
    Lauren tried soap dodging and slipped banging her nose .. resulting nosebleed looked like a massacre occured in the bathroom... as I was sorting her out without panicing her Iona climbed into the bath with all her clothes on and a naked Euan peed on Daddy...
    House back to normal...
    Bath and bedtime for us adults!

No - I am doing it. Organised it- coach, hostel, itinerary and I am doing all the talking.
    Hope you had a great time, I'll bet you are cream crackered now

Utterly and completely shattered - and have spent much time talking at volume so got to watch the voice too.

Now to bed.

She's home.

I'm at work.

My wife has gone off to Paris for the weekend with a coachload of women who are looking at gardens.

Himself has had a Chinese meal which herself does not like very much.

I may drink more than I should.

And when I get up tomorrow I shall do nothing around the house. I shall get my bicycle out, get out on the country lanes and ride for miles. I may stop at a country pub for a pint.

And do whatever I want.

I may go for a drive to Kent tomorrow, I've not been in that lovely part of the country in over 20 years.

Sounds like a good weekend you have got lined up - I hope the weather is kind to you and you don't have too sore a head in the morning!

Well the beer's good.

But watch out for lairy cyclists - they have been known to dent nice shiny cars...

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast