Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Anyone else have dogs that don't bark?

Default Anyone else have dogs that don't bark?

My surprised me today - they barked for the first time at the telly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQsOpRCzsVg

Aww that's sweet! Mine don't bark until I tell them too. Greyhounds are very quite dogs! (as I am sure you have noticed )
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

My previous german shepherd Skye didnt bark at all.
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

Default barking dogs

No I wish...mine bark, at visitors, Jimmy, birds, eachother, Tam is the quietest but takes gees to bark randomly but being deaf I don't think he realises he is driving me nuts and telling him to shut up is a bit tricky unless he looks at me to get the finger wag!

We have two deaf dogs and they both bark...plentyful... as they have learned from our hearing dog that barking gets my attention...

One of them was put on medication recently for epilepsy and he never stopped barking outside. Being a dalmatian cross he decided that running and barking was what he was bred for.... well, he was right but I don't think the neighbours where too pleased as he was setting off every dog in the village... thankfully his dose has been changed and he now barks less...

Only one of my three dogs doesn't bark....my white deaf lady, but she does talk. Many times when I have been on the phone she will speak and folks have actually asked is that a child they are hearing.......

I've got two working strain springers and I think I've heard one woof in a year.

oh does Lurch bark!!! he barks at the hoover, he barks at the kids playing, he barks at planes, he barks at birds, he barks at the cats, he barks at cars passing the house, he barks at people at the door, he barks at people walking past the house, he barks at people thinking about walking past the house................a butterfly flaps its wings in China.....he barks!!!!!!!!!!

my golden retriever never barks she has only ever barked about 3 times since i got her an i got her as a pup! she only barked coz she was shut in my daughters bedroom lol and she needed to escape!

Smile

All our Whippets very rarely bark unless there excited but even then one one or two of them our old Lurcher never barks the other Lurcher Barks when she hears someone outside or at the door so is a Good guard dog but would probably Lick them to death thou.
    One of our Whippet girls will only bark if she wants out to the Loo but i've to ask her what she wants first....!!!
    I'am not a Fan of Barky dogs and will ask young pups or dogs to be quiet they soon learn

My lurcher very rarely barks, he will have the very occasional deep woof if he is having a weird "mental" moment when he scrapes at the carpet and bangs his paws on the floor then sort of skips round the sitting room. Just weird!!

Poppy would not bark when we got her, but, has now picked up the bad habit of barking once... just 1 woof, if someone is at the door or if someone is wearing something odd like a hat or fancy dress before running and hiding in our bedroom!

Our lurcher only barks if I'm teasing her and she's getting annoyed. I've never heard her barking at anything else.

My pug doesn't bark, characteristically as a breed they don't bark but she makes up for it in other areas, burping, snoring, snarfling and generally breathing very noisily!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Our chocolate lab very rarely barks, he is coming up for four now and the only time he barks is if he see's something move like a balloon and doesnt understand or see whats making it move or in his sleep lol. He is louder in his sleep than at any other time
    horses are more than just a hobby they're a way of life!