Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our cat is Missing

That sounds really good news, Scorrie!

Thanks for letting us all know how Sophie is doing and heres hoping that she continues to improve and to be able to once again enjoy life outside without fear of total morons hurting her again in any way !!!
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

How is Sophie doing now Scorrie?
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    How is Sophie doing now Scorrie?
    Thank you for asking. Sophie is doing really well, the swelling on her face has come down and the wounds have healed up. I am a little unsure about whether there is still a stitch or two in her eye wound. Even though we can stroke her face it is not possible to poke around and feel for stitches. She has pretty much gone back to the way she lived before the incident, spending the day outside and coming back to the window several times and inside for short stays before heading back out. Once she is in at night we keep her in and after a few minutes she realises that and comes up to sleep on our bed, lying against my legs. I tend to sleep in the shape of the letter Z some nights!! When our other cat Hamish is on the bed, the slightest movement from the occupants sends him off in disgust but you can drag Sophie a few feet across the bed on the quilt and it doesn't bother her. One thing I have noticed is that the top and bottom teeth on one side of her face are closer together than they used to be, whereas the corresponding teeth on the opposite side are farther apart than they used to be. This would suggest that her bottom jaw has probably moved out of alignment and this might be why her tongue sticks out a bit now and why she salivates more. I had thought about getting the vet to check it out but it doesn't seem to be bothering Sophie at all and she gets stressed going to the vets. It takes her a while to settle back down properly after being at the vet, she is very much a cat that has to get to know people and surroundings before relaxing a bit. Everything we do with her is done at the pace that suits her, which can be good as it is a great excuse not to take the hoover out!! LOL

Thanks again.

Glad to hear that Sophie is doing well Scorrie.

I completely understand why you don't want want to take Sophie back to the Vets as my cat Suzy is exactly the same and I always have to weigh up whether taking her to the Vets is worth the stress and anxiety it causes her.
    Thankfully, I can treat her with natural remedies.

If the jaw problem isn't bothering Sophie that is all that matters. Take it she can eat with no problems?

Ha ha. I'm sure all of us can relate to sleeping in strange positions to accommodate a cat!

Och who needs to hoover anyway!lol

So glad Sophie is doing so well.
    I know what you mean about whether the stress of going to the vet is worth it and as long as she is eating ok I'm sure she's not bothererd about her looks.

Sleeping in a z shape is part and parcel of dog ownership in this house so I'm happy to hear the felines rule the beds too
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Default Sophie

The first time I used the org was when our new dog went missing. The story of Sophie is inspiring and gives me hope when I wonder if we will ever get Holly home.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we all think Sophie is beautiful before and after her terrible troubles. Hope she has many lazy, sunshine days

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123