Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our cat is Missing

Oh dear god!!!!How are there such evil people on this earth? I really hope she makes a good recovery,and with luck the person who did this is caught!x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Wonder how little Sophie is doing today....hope she has fared well.

Is there any news how Sophie is doing ?

I hope this is one of those ... no news is good news, times .

Angry

Scorrie so very sorry to hear your poor cat has been so badly treated by some heartless thugs.

I know its speculation but if the vet ,who I imagine has seen eneogh injurys in their time to make this assumption,said it was "inhuman" contact thats good eneogh for me.

Please keep us posted.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Hi Folks, thanks for all the kind words. Sophie went through her operation yesterday and it was more complex than the vet had thought, as Sophie's cheek bone had been fractured and there was infection set in. The vet thought it best to keep her with them overnight, so we didn't get Sophie back until today. There is a drain still attached to her face and it has to stay there until Thursday. Sophie did not eat anything at all in the vets and was hissing and spitting at the staff but as soon as we got her home and out of the box she was rubbing herself on our legs and purring, even letting us touch her near her face. She is picking away at food and VERY much wants to go outside but we will have to put up with her calls to be let out, as she has to stay on antibiotics and painkiller for the next 10 days or so. It was quite emotional to see her chewing away at my feet so soon after what has happened to her.

On the subject of what happened to Sophie we cannot be certain what occured. The vet x-rayed her to see if she might have been shot in the face but ruled that out after checking the results. We will probably never know but, sadly, there are people out there who do not share our feelings towards pets. The main thing is that Sophie is home and seems to be coping remarkably well given such a traumatic event.

Will keep you posted, many thanks to all

Delighted to hear she's home with you.Paws crossed that she goes from strength to strength now.
    Evelyn

So glad that Sophie is home where she belongs and sure she will go from strength to strength now.

It is awful what has happened to her but she is so lucky to have a family who love her so much.

Keep us posted. xxx

Default Sophie

That is good news.

The no news for a while led me to believe the worse, but the fact that you have your much loved pet at home were she belongs makes me feel much more comfortable.

the scenario that she may have come to harm by people that could do such a thing does not bear thinking about, and I would prefer to think that the wee lass ran into a door, however, if I was to find out different this would make me feel exceptionally sad.

Lets hope she makes a full recovery and continue to delight you with her ways.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Such good news that Sophie is home where she will heal all the faster with your care and love....what better medicine. Keep hopes high that she makes a full recovery, but if she is back doing to toe nibble, I think she will.

Really hoping that wee Sophie makes a full recovery.

Its great that, even though some evil,sick individual could have done something like this to a defenceless animal, she knew where "home" was, where she was loved and cared for and managed to find her way back.

She's obviously feeling a more happier wee "bairn" for being surrounded by "her" family.
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

With lots of TLC from yourelfs I',m sure Sophie will come on leaps and bounds.

Hi, I haven't been on the PC because Sophie has taken to sleeping on the chair and I haven't the heart to move her. The drain was taken out on Thursday and we were astonished to see how much tubing came out!! What looked to be a drain about an inch long turned out to be the length of a drinking straw!!

The vet informed us that Sophie had already managed to remove the stitches from her eye without his assistance!! Luckily the wound is holding tight. Sadly though, the hole left by the drain seems to have opened and looks bloody so we will need to take her back to the vet today for examination.

Here is an updated photo showing the start of life with one eye:-

Thanks to all kind posters.

Aw bless you for not moving her to get to your PC.

What a shame that there is a problem with the bit where the drain is. Sure the Vets will be able to sort it out though. There are often little 'niggles' to be sorted after surgery.

Sophie is still beautiful! xxxx

what a terriable story, poor sophie what a time she has had of it, but with your love and patience im sure she will come on leaps and bounds and adjust to life minus a eye. And if someone did do this to a poor innocent cat, i hope they suffer a horriable fate themselfs, me im a big believer in karma, what goes around comes around.

sending sophie big hugs and kisses xx
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

So glad to see Sophie is doing well despite the glitch where the drain was...vet will sort it no problem. She will be just as lovely with one eye....in fact she will be more than lovely, she will be beautiful....happy healing little Sophie.

Hi Scorrie,

Just wondering how wee Sophie is doing now; has she become accustomed with life with one eye?

Hoping that you're all OK?
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    Hi Scorrie,

Just wondering how wee Sophie is doing now; has she become accustomed with life with one eye?

Hoping that you're all OK?
    Hiya, thanks for asking. Sophie is doing really well, the wound where the drain was has dried up and crusted over now. We asked the vet for advice regarding letting Sophie out and she told us that it would probably be best to let her out if that was what she used to do before, rather than risking stressing her by keeping her indoors. The past few nights I have shouted her in at bedtime and she has come trotting along with no problem. She tends to be in and out several times throughout the day, sometimes only having a quick look around the house before going back out. She sleeps in our bed at night and is eating well compared to when she first came home. A new feature is for her to stick her paws on my jeans and sink her teeth into the fabric at the knee, ankles and toes are still at threat from nibbling gnashers!!

Sophie seems to be moving her head about a lot more now when examining anything, no doubt to compensate for her reduced field of vision. One side effect seems to be that her tongue sticks out a bit now and she dribbles a bit. The vet was at a loss to explain this, as there is no connection between the eye and the mouth. She is very happy though, and that is the main thing.

Thanks again!!

I'm alwas amazed at how quickly our animals recover after major surgery.

wee Sophies a star thats determined to shine.

am so glad your wee cat is doing so well would still like to get my hands on the scum who did it mind x

Glad she's doing well
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast