Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our cat is Missing

Default Our cat is Missing

Hi, our new cat Sophie has not been seen for the past couple of days. We live in Kennedy Terrace Wick and although Sophie goes out several times a day and sometimes at night, she has never failed to turn up around breakfast time every morning. We have searched all the places she frequents and can only think she might have been locked in a shed or building, as she has recently taken a liking to going into our own sheds. There is a picture attached, any information would be received most gratefully. She is a friendly cat with people she knows but wary of strangers. She has been a lovely pet and thrived since we took her from Foster care. Thanks for looking

Hope your little lady has just gone off for an extended wander and comes home soon.....

I do hope she is home soon.
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

So very sorry to hear that Sophie has gone missing and know how missing you must be.

It is very likely that she is shut in somewhere so really, really hope she comes home soon.

I hope your wee girlie is at home with you very soon.
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

Still no sign today. Thanks for the kind wishes. Sadly there are a lot of fast cars going up and down our street and there are a few aggressive dogs in the area from time to time. My daughter and I searched the fields behind Kennedy yesterday, even trawling through the rough terrain where conifers have recently been planted.

From being a shy cat who hid under a stool for the first two days, we have given her the love and confidence to be able to trust us and venture outside, where she has played and hunted like any other cat. She usually sleeps on our bed at night and has the strange habit of nibbling your feet to demonstrate affection. A very gentle and vocal cat who loves our other cat despite his habit of getting carried away sometimes when they play together. Last night I dreamt she had jumped up onto the bed

Sorry to hear that Sophie has not come home.
    Have you tried putting up posters in your area and have you notified the Vets, Caithness Cats Protection (there are good tips on their website for when your cat goes missing)and the SSPCA?

Please don't give up though as it is very early days. I had cats go missing for a couple of weeks at a time and it was as if they had vanished into thin air!

Really hope your dream comes true soon.

Hopefully Sophie will come home soon and be nibbling your toes again.....keep hopes high..............think of her and in your mind call her name and she could turn up out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Sorry to hear that Sophie has not come home.
    Have you tried putting up posters in your area and have you notified the Vets, Caithness Cats Protection (there are good tips on their website for when your cat goes missing)and the SSPCA?

Please don't give up though as it is very early days. I had cats go missing for a couple of weeks at a time and it was as if they had vanished into thin air!

Really hope your dream comes true soon.
    Hi Liz, We have called the vets and I went knocking on the doors of all the neighbours in the areas she frequents and showed them a photo of Sophie. Will stick some posters up in the morning and contact the others you suggested. She has bonded particularly closely with myself and will come when I call her, after everyone else has already tried. It is difficult to avoid thinking worst case scenarios as she never goes more than a few hours away from the garden at any time. Thanks very much for the positive and kind input from all.

Sophie turned up on our front window at noon today. I could see right away that something was wrong. She has an horrific facial injury and her eye will have to be removed. The vet says her injury is not consistent with being struck by a car. It seems more likely that someone's boot has done the damage. She will remain with the vet on a drip and painkillers overnight and have surgery tomorrow. Emotions are very confused right now, we are obviously grateful she is alive but to see her like this is leaving a knot in the stomach.

Thanks to all who left kind words here.

Lots of mixed feelings on Sophies return....happy that she has returned home to you, but horrified that some insanely wicked individual has injured her so badly...........words fail me, but will match what is going through your own head. Hugs and hugs to help her through her operation and recovery.....please keep posting on the wee mites progress.

While I am not a regular poster, this has brought tears to my eyes .
    I can't imagine anyone mistreating any animal, and understand the pain you all must be going through .
    I'm so glad Sophie knew where home was, where she would be taken care of, and where she was loved .
    Hopefully all will go well with her surgery, and she will be back for you to cuddle, and care for, soon . My thoughts are with you .

Oh that is awful Scorrie!!!! How on earth could someone do that to a poor defenceless wee cat?
    I can't tell you what I would like to do them if I caught them!!!

Still it is good that she made it home to you (shows you how much she loves you) and is not lying somewhere suffering.

Here's hoping for a full recovery although I think the emotional damage may be worse than the physical.
    Mind you there are really good bach flower remedies which you could try once she gets better.
    I know it will be awful for you that she has to have her eye removed but rest assured that it won't bother her at all. Do you think she would be okay being a house cat as this may be the safer option?
    Some people think this is cruel but I have had a few house cats (due to them being so nervous) and they have been very happy. One of the cats I have now (Suzy) is a house cat and she shows no interest in going outside and is a happy wee soul.

Sending cyber hugs to you, your family and Sophie.

Keep us posted on her progress.

How awful is that. It's bad enough when they go missing but to find on their return that they have been badly treated by some idiot who has no thought about inflicting such pain and suffering on a poor defenceless animal, is devastating. She is safe now and here's hoping for a speedy recovery for poor Sophie once she is home again.

Poor Sophie. Its unbelievable how anyone could be so cruel to a defenceless cat. My heart goes out to you Scorrie. I know what you are going through.
    A few years ago we had a stray cat who practically lived in our garden. He was very timid and would not come into the house. For 4 days he didn't come for his food. We were out searching for him and found him in a nest of long grass. He was in a bad way,weak and unable to walk. The vet thought that he'd had a kicking.
    Every cloud has a silver lining though, and His Nibs,as we called him, was too weak to resist being taken into our home and nursed back to full health. Once settled in the house he rarely ventured far and lived the last few years of his life with us.
    He was a lovely cat, timid and unassuming. I fail to comprehend why anyone could have attacked him so viciously.
    Fingers crossed all goes well for Sophie.
    Evelyn
    Last edited by evelyn; 21-Mar-10 at 23:34. Reason: spelling

Default Cat

I am glad to hear that Sofie has made her way back home to you Scorrie, and hope she makes a full recovery.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Fingers crossed Sophie makes a good recovery, thinking off you x
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

hope your poor little cats gets better soon I wud love to get my hand on who has done this x

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post
    Sophie turned up on our front window at noon today. I could see right away that something was wrong. She has an horrific facial injury and her eye will have to be removed. The vet says her injury is not consistent with being struck by a car. It seems more likely that someone's boot has done the damage. She will remain with the vet on a drip and painkillers overnight and have surgery tomorrow. Emotions are very confused right now, we are obviously grateful she is alive but to see her like this is leaving a knot in the stomach.

Thanks to all who left kind words here.
    I can understand the mixed emotions. The main thing is that your companion is alive and will hopefully make a good recovery.

Please let us know how she's doing - and let her know what she has a lot of people rooting for her!

I cannot even think of words to describe how I feel reading this I hope she is doing well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast