Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: A Heart Warming Story....

Default A Heart Warming Story....

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer.. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.
    As we made arrangements,
    Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.
    Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ''I know why.''

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I try to live.

He said,' People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?''
    The Six-year-old continued,' Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.''

Wonderful

RIP Belker
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Hi Iffy

Thats a lovely story!!!
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

out of the mouth of babes!!!!!!!!!!!
    New website for the Arts http://www.highlandartshub.freeforums.org Its Free and Its full of the latest arts news in Caithness and Highlands

Trust a child to put into words what adults fail to explain.

A perfect explanation and so true.

I'm sure Belker is in doggy heaven still watching over his family,especially the son.

Rip Belker,you were loved.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

6. Default

oh thats a lovely comment, wishes to the family on the loss of their dog. x

Cara & Bracken

Beautiful.......

Nice story. An old one but a good one

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Bei...ient=firefox-a