Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Thinking of changing to oil

Default Thinking of changing to oil

OK so if I want to change my radiators over to oil, have a condensing boiler installed, and have an oil tank put in the garden, who would I contact for quotes please?

Any info much appreciated.
    Changi.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Any of the local plumbers will quote for this - Simpson & Oag, Thurso, Sandy MacGregor in Week, Jim Sangster in Halkirk. I am sure there are a few more - you will find them all in Yellow Pages.

Castletown (N58deg 35.240/W003deg 22.839)

We are getting Forss Engineering to do ours. We are changing over to oil from a closed-in fire. Work begins Tues 23rd. Bye bye dirty coal and ashes - hello click of a switch!

IMHO avoid Sandy MacGregor.

Also, consider ground source heating.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    IMHO avoid Sandy MacGregor.

Also, consider ground source heating.
    Why should he be avoided?

Contact Mark Thain on 01955 606668 he could do the work for you at a very good price and do a tidy job.
    Ground source heat pumps are a good idea, environment friendly save money in long term but be aware you will not heat the house by that alone. Do not believe all the salesman tells you ask someone who already has it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Z
    but be aware you will not heat the house by that alone. Do not believe all the salesman tells you ask someone who already has it installed.
    Dont know what your on about there Z;

I have it fitted and it heats both the house and all my hot water - enough for three baths a day... Thats with it only running during eco 10 tariff 10 hours per day. House is always lovely & warm and we have no back up heating what so ever.
    Last edited by locini; 15-Mar-10 at 18:22. Reason: .

There are a few good plumbers in Castletown you could get, just ask around.

I am in the process of changing over from Calor Gas to Oil, and I am using Simpson & Oag

Quote Originally Posted by plumber View Post
    There are a few good plumbers in Castletown you could get, just ask around.

It would help if I knew who to ask lol

Go on give me a clue, you know you want to.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

caithness where else would you want to be??

Default highly recomend Forss Engineering

i have used them twice now once for heating and fireplace and stove and then for shower enclouser both envolved a lot of work and uncovered a lot of the previous owners diy disasters all was met head on and sorted out.

great pair doing the work neat clean and we couldnt have asked for more i really cant big them up enough and publicly thank them for there work.