Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Was Wick High Intake of 1981 that bad???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Was Wick High Intake of 1981 that bad???

Me and Julia were chatting about the intake of 1981 in Wick High School and have noticed that there have never been any threads started about a reunion. Now I'm wondering were we all really such a bad bunch that no one wants to meet up again

It would be nice to know what some of the others are doing and how we've changed over the years. I regularly see quite a few of the boys/girls that I went to school with and I have to say I don't think we're fairing too badly
    "I ask forgiveness continuously for I know he knows, somethings just have to be experienced"

Thumbs down

Well Crusty roll, there is a few I wouldn't ever want to set eyes on again and the others I see whenever I can. I stay in touch with a lot of my classmates but must say that we did have a lot of bullying in our year, didn't we?

Yeah there was a fair bit of it going around I got picked on within the first few weeks of starting by some second years and I saw plenty going on in our year. There seemed to be a an awful mix of people that year that liked to cause trouble and thankfully I have to say I've not seem them around

I could be wrong but I think there was a really large intake that year as well and as what usually happens there are huge age ranges within that year. I remember sitting next to a girl in english who was almost a year and half younger than me Really p'd me off but then when I wanted to leave at 16 I could and she had to stay on.
    "I ask forgiveness continuously for I know he knows, somethings just have to be experienced"

Default Was Wick High Intake of 1981 that bad?

I think, like everything - some good memories, some bad. I can't say I made any lifelong friends but hey!, it was high school!
    Last edited by linnie612; 24-Mar-11 at 14:27.

Quote Originally Posted by crustyroll View Post
    Me and Julia were chatting about the intake of 1981 in Wick High School and have noticed that there have never been any threads started about a reunion. Now I'm wondering were we all really such a bad bunch that no one wants to meet up again

It would be nice to know what some of the others are doing and how we've changed over the years. I regularly see quite a few of the boys/girls that I went to school with and I have to say I don't think we're fairing too badly
    Is that you offering to organise a school reunion then?
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Good god, no!!! I think you're right in saying there was a large and varied-age intake that year. If I remember rightly the classes went up to 1H (with 1I being the remedial class) and there was a girl in my class a whole year older than me.

I think there was one in The francis street last year. As we would all have been hitting 40. I started wick High in 1981 (making me 41 this year) and remember seeing it advertised.
    I couldnt make it due to work but believe a good night was had by all!!!!
    The world is a system its only how you work the sytem that counts...............

I didnt see that advertised,I think it was the intake of 1980 that was held??? I'm 43 this year so even if it was last year I was already 41 heading towards 42. I spoke to Donna Anderson not that long ago and she hadn't been to any re-union.

Reunion in Francis Street last July was for the intake of 1982 who most of were 40 last year
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.