Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Kiyan Prince murder

Unhappy Kiyan Prince murder

how sad that this young boy has been stabbed to death, and right outside the school gates in front of teachers and pupils,all he was trying to do was break up a fight .
    its seems such a terrible waste of a young life and one with such a promising career, (not that, that should make any difference)
    my heart goes out to the parents and family.
    there seems to be so many youngsters being killed through senseless acts by kids thier own age these days.
    surely the law must be changed in regards to carrying weapons, i know it isnt easy and its terrible that they are haveing to think of doing such things as screening at schools the same as airports but if it saves even one life then it would be worth it
    The man who views the world at fifty,
    the same as he did at twenty,
    has wasted thirty years of his life.

I agree with you on this one Sam.
    Not all chillies are hot but do not be deceived

Default scanners

Surely we have reached a nadir in this country if we speak of installing scanners in schools. This problem is particularly acute in certain London Boroughs. Of course there have been exceptions and I recall a murder in Lincolnshire recently. However the tinder box of inner city London and it's obvious, seemingly incumbent blend of cultures, gangs and criminals is the heart of where this problem lies.

Until swingeing sentences are imposed for carrying knives and indeed guns there will be no relief, and no safety for the mis-guided ones who claim to carry knives for their 'own protection'. Age is no excuse for ignorance of the law and a counter weapon culture should be inculcated in the heads of these pupils from an early age.

We must remember that many of these incident involve immigrants who have arrived here from foriegn shores or been raised by relatively recent arrived parents. Sadly they have not yet been influenced by the relatively genteel culture which has existed in Britain for several decades. Violence is endemic in many of their homelands and this is yet another price we pay for unfettered immigration.

Before commenting upon or complaining about the above paragraph please read it carefully.

In conclusion possessing a knife should carry a mandatory three year prison sentence. Thats said, the installation of metal scanners in ever British school would be a massive over reaction and another sign of the de-civilisation of this society which is already underway.

Have to agree with you landmarker the sentence for carrying a knife needs to be more.
    Such a tragic waste of a life
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

I'm not sure it would have stopped the murder, or for that matter the murder of the Headmaster outside his school a good while ago. Both incidents happened outside the school grounds and I don't think that either of the murderers went to the schools in question.
    Having said that, there have been incidents of stabbings within schools.

By the accounts from people who know the killer he was noted as being prone to outbursts of violence and was best avoided.
    I've not heard anything about the third boy involved but I understand that there is a suggestion that the dispute was over who was "the hardest".
    Of course, having said that, if a thug wishes to use you in order to enhance his reputation there is not a lot you can do about it. He's not going to bother if you are interested in fighting, he's just going to attack you anyway in order to "prove his point".
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Have to agree but how do you control stab crime? Knives are available if you have the intent in every kitchen across the country? surely if the punishment was more of a deterant it would stop some and make them think about what they were doing?
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Quote Originally Posted by footie chick
    Have to agree but how do you control stab crime? Knives are available if you have the intent in every kitchen across the country? surely if the punishment was more of a deterant it would stop some and make them think about what they were doing?
    It's just the usual knee jerk reaction in order to give people the impression some action is being taken.

All hand guns had to be surrendered by people with firearms certificates for them. Has gun crime stopped? If you want that answered just keep an eye on the news for a while. As far as I am aware the use of guns in crime, although still comparatively rare, has actually increased since that happens.
    Criminals who wish to wander about shooting people tend not to go to the Police to get a certificate for the gun.

Likewise, a ban on knives will not stop thugs going round stabbing people. The same knee jerk reaction happened fifty years ago with Flick-knives. They were banned for the same reason. It didn't stop stabbings and the sale of cut-throat razors (if you don't know ask your grand parents) rocketed overnight.
    Ban one thing and all the hooligans do is find something to replace it.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Question

saying that did we not have someone get stabbed in thurso before

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    Ban one thing and all the hooligans do is find something to replace it.
    What would they replace their liberty with, if we banned that?