Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F1 tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Schumacher? too old
    That's a good start bekisman. I was looking for a "season of content" so will be hoping for more positive replies before I go into total despair.

Boring, boring boring! Even with MS returning there was just no excitement yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    That's a good start bekisman. I was looking for a "season of content" so will be hoping for more positive replies before I go into total despair.
    Hi Moira
    I'm not a Schumacher fan; great driver but a terrible sportsman (but does that matter?) On the Saturday Qualifying Boris Becker gave a review of his races - warts and all, especially the time Rubens was in front, but had to put his brakes on for Schumacher to pass the line first - the sickening charade on the podium was a pain to watch - 'Team orders'?.. parking up during qualifying, forcing Hill off.. oh well. Yes maybe there is a certain lack of excitement with no refuelling - watching the Ferrari team race after one of their drivers who went off with the fuel hose still connected, was entertaining.. we shall see how it goes.

I was never a Schumacher fan really but I liked his "win-at-all-costs" attitude, I think the moment at Magny Cours in 2001 when David Coulthard gave him the infamous hand gestures was really funny and possibly the best repsonse EVER to his antics. I want to see Schumi mixing it up again with the new guys, I want to see how tough Vettel and Hamilton really are. I want to see wheel to wheel stuff and drivers blubbing when they get beaten by a 41 year old. If I want fair play I will watch Golf.

Congratulations go to Lotus though, two green and yellow cars at the finish in their first race, a brilliant achievement just six months after starting with nothing. Hopefully the return of them as a real power in F1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunken Duck View Post
    I was never a Schumacher fan really but I liked his "win-at-all-costs" attitude, I think the moment at Magny Cours in 2001 when David Coulthard gave him the infamous hand gestures was really funny and possibly the best repsonse EVER to his antics. I want to see Schumi mixing it up again with the new guys, I want to see how tough Vettel and Hamilton really are. I want to see wheel to wheel stuff and drivers blubbing when they get beaten by a 41 year old. If I want fair play I will watch Golf.

Congratulations go to Lotus though, two green and yellow cars at the finish in their first race, a brilliant achievement just six months after starting with nothing. Hopefully the return of them as a real power in F1.

Yes, great to see Lotus back, give them a season and they will be contending I'm sure. Be great for a young british driver to get a start?

I think the current drivers are going to have a good showing, they both impressed last year.

Cars are horrible though. those high noses just don't look right. I believe that a car has to look good to go fast! How's that for science

How ugly the Ferrari is, I can't believe it.

I would love Mansell and Schmucker as Stewards.

"How about you Mike? You reckon he was remiss in allowing him to pass without incident?"

"Without doubt Nigel! I would have had my team mate brake hard in front of him to ensure I take the win."

"Yeah, I concur. Let us penalize him 10 points for being fair."

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Yes, great to see Lotus back, give them a season and they will be contending I'm sure. Be great for a young british driver to get a start?

I think the current drivers are going to have a good showing, they both impressed last year.

Cars are horrible though. those high noses just don't look right. I believe that a car has to look good to go fast! How's that for science
    Totally agree with the high nose thing, the Sauber is the worst offender. It looks like a four wheeled Barry Manilow with that hook nose. And just how stupid do the wide front wings and the small rear wings look as well ?? Its like they were designed by a drunk.

I will be following McLaren and Lotus this year but more Lotus really, being a Brit you have to support the underdog and I just hope they can score at least a point during the year.

Thanks for all your replies here.

I heard that the qualifying in Australia, yesterday, was quite boring.
    I also heard that the race today was quite good & exciting in parts, because of the tyre change?

Shumacher didn't make the podium today but there is still time......

I see the Malaysian race is on BBC1 at 08.00, then switches over to BBC2 at 09.55?
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12