Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Spinal arthritis.

Default Spinal arthritis.

Took wee Delias to the vets this morning as her back leg seemed stiffer than usual and getting into the Landi was near impossible.
    Vet thinks its spinal arthritis,which is difficult to diagnose without an xray but all the symptoms are there.

Delias has been given Norocarp 50mg twice a day for a week then see if things improve.If at all stiff then give her a tablet.

It cost about £15 for 30 tablets which we'll just have to find every month if need be.Our wee dogs only 7 this summer so old age I dont think brought it on.

Anyone got any experience of this?
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Cuddlepop you can buy powdered green lipped mussel which is great for athritic conditions in animals and humans. It can be bought from ebay loose and simple added to food....about 200mg. Definately cheaper than drugs and is completely harmless. It takes a couple of weeks to kick into the system and the results are very good. Another tip is to give her predominately fish and good old fashioned Chappie Original would do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Cuddlepop you can buy powdered green lipped mussel which is great for athritic conditions in animals and humans. It can be bought from ebay loose and simple added to food....about 200mg. Definately cheaper than drugs and is completely harmless. It takes a couple of weeks to kick into the system and the results are very good. Another tip is to give her predominately fish and good old fashioned Chappie Original would do the trick.
    Thanks for that Teeny, what concerned us that perhapse the natural remedies wouldnt be powerfull eneogh for the amount of pain she's in.
    Wee minx had smoked kippers &rice for her tea,instinct was telling me to give her fish lastnight.
    The chappie would only be eating if she was starving.

As teenybash said green lipped muscle, this is what Liz sent me for my OH to use as he has arthritis in his spine. She also sent Devils claw which he takes. He is feeling minor effects but that is better than nothing. Pain has been reduced from a 10 to about a 5/6 most days.

So maybe give it a go. And alot cheaper than what you buy from the vet aswell.

good luck!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Poor Delilah - I dont have any experience of spinal arthritis - Vinnie has arthritis in his back leg due to untreated injuries before we got him. He used to get really lame with it. When it is bad he has metacalm for a bit but everyday we give him glucosamine (just get the human tablets much cheaper) it took a wee while to work but it seems to keep him supple. If he is going on for a big run or he overdoes it we give him some metacalm but i try to keep it minimal because of the health risk of long term use. I hope the norocarp works for her, its horrible to see them in pain. get well soon Delilah!!

Default spinal arthritus

we have a horse with arthritis and we found an american product made by VETIONX called arthro-ionx. completly natural and safe to use with conventional drugs with great results. its suitable for all animals. we wouldnt be without it! please go to website and have a read as it has worked for us,
    good luck

It seems like our animals pick up so many of our human ailments that natural remedies for us would work for them but how do you work out the dose?

Thanks everyone.

vetionx comes with dosage instructions and is for animals, although after seeing the results we have had, i would take it myself if i had this painful condition!!