Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: shetland loaf

Default shetland loaf

anyone got a recipe for a shetland loaf ? thanks

Was going to ask if this is similar to Orkney cake, but googled it to discover it is a basic tea loaf recipe.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

I do have a recipe somewhere for exactly that. Will dig it out and post as soon as possible. It is a really easy cake to make, I remember that much!

Here you go!
    1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups sultanas, 4 oz Stork marg 1 teaspoon bicarb of soda. Put that in a pan and boil for 15 minutes then allow to cool completely. 2 cups self raising flour, 2 beaten eggs. Mix all that with the cool mixture, place in a lined loaf tin and bake for one hour or so at gas mark 4.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnydog View Post
    Here you go!
    1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups sultanas, 4 oz Stork marg 1 teaspoon bicarb of soda. Put that in a pan and boil for 15 minutes then allow to cool completely. 2 cups self raising flour, 2 beaten eggs. Mix all that with the cool mixture, place in a lined loaf tin and bake for one hour or so at gas mark 4.

This sounds lovely & very easy to do.
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

Default loaf

hi was going to try the loaf but i have a fan oven,what temperature would i bake it at in it,

thanks skinydog.

Tried this recipe last night and was delighted how simple and very, very tasty....Good one skinnydog.

I may not be the next Nigella Lawson in the kitchen but what I can turn out are normally tried and tested, pretty fool proof recipes. Glad you found it easy and enjoyed it!!