Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manchester's Gay Pride

Cool Manchester's Gay Pride

hi anyone from wick going to the gay pride in august then?

Not me, I've heard its for homosexuals

Quote Originally Posted by mike.mckenzie
    Everyone has a free opinion in what way or how they live thier lives nowaday's
    Not all chillies are hot but do not be deceived

Quote Originally Posted by mike.mckenzie
    No, Gay Pride is a meeting for happy lions this year ;o)

My first thoughts when I read this post were I wonder how many people would have the neck to admit it on this board if they were going or not time will tell. I do know someone who goes every year from this area and he says its great gay or not. A real eyeopener

There's always the Aberdeen and Glasgow prides in June.

Quote Originally Posted by rollerboy
    hi anyone from wick going to the gay pride in august then?
    I thought you wouldnt want to be anywhere near Wickers as you dont appear to like us very much. That is an Infamia in my book. Why would we want to go anywhere you were?

Manchester seems to have developed a liking for the pink pound and a tiny enclave has spawned/mutated into something quite bizarre. I live just a few miles away from 'the gay village' but frankly would not be seen dead there. I'm sure I will not be missed.

I have no
    problem with homosexuals going about their business, so to speak but to hold parades celebrating ones 'sexuality' is ridiculous. Just get on with it, preferably in private. Much better than marching which is, as far as I can see just an exucse for the more flamboyant of puffters to dress up in all manner of pvc bondage gear and look daft, or even vaguely menacing.
    Pride? Surely pity is the most appropriate response for these geezers.

the famous gay street in Manchester is Canal Street. The C is often taken off the front of it by mischevious proud gays.

Why bother going to Manchester when you can watch a gay parade in the comfort of your own hom. The Eurovision.

A word of warning to the unwary. What ever you do, if you do decide to go, don't wear your kilt!
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

I have no problem with gay/lesbian but i cant be doing way ott camp men or extremely butch women.My thoughts on this are if your a man act like one and if your a woman be one.

very true bingobabe but do you notice that one is always butch and the other girly.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by obiron
    very true bingobabe but do you notice that one is always butch and the other girly.
    Yes i have actually very strange indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bingobabe
    My thoughts on this are if your a man act like one and if your a woman be one.
    Can I ask why? That's a genuine question, btw. What difference does it make to any of us if someone dresses or acts in an androgynous/camp/butch manner?

Gender identity is merely a social construct. There's no reason whatsoever why, just because we have male or female sex organs, we need to behave or dress in a feminine or masculine way to match our biological sex. No reason at all.
    Laugh and the world laughs with you... cry, and the world looks sheepish and suddenly remembers it had other plans.

Well said Drutt.

Some people have a very stereotypical view of gay men and lesbians .... just because a woman may be butch and dress butch, doesn't mean to say she's no less a woman or not 100% feminine inside, and the same can be said for gay men... just because some may seem camp and dress extravagantly doesn't mean to say they are any less a man or not 100% masculine.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt
    Can I ask why? That's a genuine question, btw. What difference does it make to any of us if someone dresses or acts in an androgynous/camp/butch manner?

Gender identity is merely a social construct. There's no reason whatsoever why, just because we have male or female sex organs, we need to behave or dress in a feminine or masculine way to match our biological sex. No reason at all.
    I sense a thesis coming on here.
    Normally, which in itself is an apalling word/admission/concession to some, I have time for counter cultures & lifestyles which differ from the 'usual'.

So long as people pay their way they display character when they are a bit 'different' However OTT homosexuals, of either gender though are the exception for me. I just cannot be doing with them.

I expect a deep thinking analyst like Drutt might claim this makes me a closet bender. Or, one who is trapped in the wrong body and my sub-concious is screaming for liberation. Well fair doo's if that's what you like to think carry on. It's far from the truth though and such brickbats should not deter folk like me, or you from speaking as they find about any so called 'politically correct' matter.

Quote Originally Posted by landmarker
    I expect a deep thinking analyst like Drutt might claim this makes me a closet bender.
    Not at all. I just believe we should live and let live. I don't think any of us need to be best buddies with people who bug us because of their mannerisms or characteristics. However, we do need to recognise that we don't have a right to tell people that their mannerisms or characteristics are wrong, just because they don't fit our narrow little boxes of "appropriately male" or "appropriately female".
    Laugh and the world laughs with you... cry, and the world looks sheepish and suddenly remembers it had other plans.

Red face

Manchester Pride is Manchester’s annual festival celebrating lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) life. Manchester’s celebrations started in the early 1990s on August Bank Holiday weekend to raise money to support those affected by HIV. Manchester Pride works in partnership with Operation Fundraiser (lead by George House Trust and the Lesbian & Gay Foundation) raising funds for Greater Manchester’s LGBT & HIV charities and community organisations.
    Last edited by rollerboy; 21-May-06 at 14:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra
    Some people have a very stereotypical view of gay men and lesbians ....
    More so the gay men and women themselves.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt

Im not slating anyone but its just my opion. And i have alot of friends that are gay/lesbian i just think if you were supposed to be a woman you would of been born one or a man ect ect ect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast