Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manchester's Gay Pride

Withdrawn:wine talking!
    Sorry.
    Last edited by landmarker; 21-May-06 at 20:00.

Quote Originally Posted by landmarker
    Manchester seems to have developed a liking for the pink pound and a tiny enclave has spawned/mutated into something quite bizarre. I live just a few miles away from 'the gay village' but frankly would not be seen dead there. I'm sure I will not be missed.

I have no
    problem with homosexuals going about their business, so to speak but to hold parades celebrating ones 'sexuality' is ridiculous. Just get on with it, preferably in private. Much better than marching which is, as far as I can see just an exucse for the more flamboyant of puffters to dress up in all manner of pvc bondage gear and look daft, or even vaguely menacing.
    Pride? Surely pity is the most appropriate response for these geezers.
    I totally agree with your post. I don't care what sexual orientation any person wants to be. I object very strongly to having lost the vary English word GAY to a bunch of pufters, and I also object to having politically correct idiots pushing it down my throat, no pun intended.
    All they have to do is keep their views and ways to themselves - and nobody will care less.
    It is fine in Manchester for the pufters to wear anything - and the council have advertised their shindig - but the taxi drivers are not allowed to wear English supporting shirts in case it offends visitors.
    PCP - Politically Correct Pillocks - THis makes me mad.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time - but never all of the people all of the time!!

If your point about the Taxi drivers patriotic shirts is true then the world has gone completely mad. I don't doubt you Jim, this council has long been controlled by nutters.

I read recently that that some organisation or other had banned the word' homosexual' in case it offended er....homosexuals. Barmy.

A spades a spade. Or is this term also in danger of extinction at the hands of pc zealots. I expect so.

Quote Originally Posted by landmarker
    If your point about the Taxi drivers patriotic shirts is true then the world has gone completely mad. I don't doubt you Jim, this council has long been controlled by nutters.

I read recently that that some organisation or other had banned the word' homosexual' in case it offended er....homosexuals. Barmy.

A spades a spade. Or is this term also in danger of extinction at the hands of pc zealots. I expect so.
    It is true!
    You can fool some of the people some of the time - but never all of the people all of the time!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12