Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
Errrm...I think I have actually read better written Mills and Boons books......
Might just add I picked up a box of books at a carboot sale and read all of the books within.
I dont choose to read romantic fiction/trashy smutty stories .....now trashy westerns .....thats another thing...I picked up a load of Edge books at another carboot sale and they were good to lose yourself in for an hour or so each book!....light reading with violence....think I only spent a £5 on the whole lot.
Usually its crime fiction or vampire/werewolf or a good stephen king or pratchett I like to read and have just recently read the whole series of trueblood books which had better written sex scenes in than the 50 shades....which says a lot more about 50 shades than the trueblood series....as I didnt buy the trueblood for the sex, more for the vamp violence......
Lol! I spent a few hours last night trying to chat up a beautiful woman on a flight back from New York - she was reading this book, and she was trying to convince me it was an intellectual masterpiece. I had no idea it was famous for its sex scenes.