Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Capture Caithness

Default Capture Caithness

Capture Caithness is a new community based Film making organisation.

If you live in caithness, aged 18 to 30 and have ever been interested in film making, acting, editing, ect or you've just got a great idea for a film we would love to hear from you.

Our first group project is going to be making a music video for a local band

If you are interested in getting involved please email us with details to

capturecaithness@hotmail.co.uk

Name:
    Phone Number:

18 to 30 why???

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    18 to 30 why???
    Because they are being discriminatory.
    Or is it that anyone over 30 is grey, foostie and full of wee beasties!
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    18 to 30 why???

Didn't you know that when your over 30, you're over the hill, past it and don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ClachanHope View Post
    Didn't you know that when your over 30, you're over the hill, past it and don't know anything.

hmmm strange i was told recently that being 40 was the new 30
    Out of my mind. Back in five minutes!!

That counts me out.

I feel very old now, LOL.
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

That explains why I've forgotten a lot of what I knew, or is it because I preferred to forget it and just retained the stuff that matters?

nirofo.

Hi Tides,

Well firstly I think that this is a fantastic idea. The local camera club is brilliant but it would be good to have something that is specifically aimed towards moving image as the two are so different.

I apologise if you have good reason to restrict the age on your group (ie funding restraints set in place by another organisation) However i do agree with the others who have commented here regarding the age restriction. I really believe that by excluding people over 30 you will be doing your group an injustice. I found during my time at uni that the more mature people on my course where just as valuable, if not more so, than the younger people on my course.

Skills such as lighting are arts that are not learnt over night and you may find that there are an abundance of people in Caithness who can make valuable contributions to your group if you just allow them.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Claireabelle View Post
    Hi Tides,

Well firstly I think that this is a fantastic idea. The local camera club is brilliant but it would be good to have something that is specifically aimed towards moving image as the two are so different.

I apologise if you have good reason to restrict the age on your group (ie funding restraints set in place by another organisation) However i do agree with the others who have commented here regarding the age restriction. I really believe that by excluding people over 30 you will be doing your group an injustice. I found during my time at uni that the more mature people on my course where just as valuable, if not more so, than the younger people on my course.

Skills such as lighting are arts that are not learnt over night and you may find that there are an abundance of people in Caithness who can make valuable contributions to your group if you just allow them.
    Geeez,i'm doubly screwed.Over 30 and not in the camera club.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmie View Post
    hmmm strange i was told recently that being 40 was the new 30
    I hope that is correct, cos that means I'm not 40 yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Geeez,i'm doubly screwed.Over 30 and not in the camera club.
    ha ha you and i both!

Default Capture Caithness

My apologies first to all that might have been offended by the age limit. I must point out that there is NO AGE LIMIT!!! for joining. We would love to hear from anyone over the age of 18. The age limit was set because of a competition we hope to enter but there is nothing stopping us making two or more Music videos. Capture Caithness is open to anyone with good ideas and a desire to create. No experience necessary

Please Email with your details

Name:
    Phone No:
    where you live:

capturecaithness@hotmail.co.uk

I understand now.

The only people I know who actually made money in the film industry are rather older than 30, but unfortunately they also live at the wrong end of the island.

whos the band
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Johnny Fatz Hep Catz