Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: teachers

Yes, that was her, sure I remember her there in the 1960s as well, a nice woman.

Quote Originally Posted by ecb View Post
    - Thanks. He only taught me on one ocassion, he seemed to be a good man. I had a look online yesterday and found the Thurso Community Noticeboard - Facebook page and there were many former pupils saying what a good teacher he was.
    that will be Spongy, a good teacher was not my experience of the man.
    A nice person no doubt, but has no control over the class whatsoever, a tough gig to teach Re to a class of Atheists though
    W.A.T.P.

In this BBC Rewind video clip from April 1958 at 2 min 37 seconds, there is an interview with Mr Grant, then headmaster of Miller Academy, he went on on to become rector of Thurso High School when it opened in October 1958. He is wearing an academic gown. I remember Dr Young rector of Thurso High School when I was there, wearing an academic gown. Although I have worked in a number of high schools I haven't seen any teacher wearing an academic gown the practice of wearing an academic gown seems to have died out.

https://discover.bbcrewind.co.uk/ass...3701172&zoom=7

I'm in England right now, but I am studying to be a teacher. I have worked as a TA for years, mainly in SEN schools. Once I finish my BA(hon), I will then do a year of apprenticeship for my QTC. You can also do a year of teacher training at university instead of the in-school teacher training, but I would prefer to get paid. My children like to eat. There are so many rules and regulations these days that teachers are tied in red tape.
    http://itqueries.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234