Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Only A Matter of Time

Default Only A Matter of Time

It has been leaked that the Highland Council are proposing that in early 2025 trial ULEZ areas are to be set up in Wick and Thurso to see if it causes any issues. If all goes well LTZ's may also be introduced in 2026.

There are also moves afoot to make the voluntary parking payments at Highland Council car parks compulsory in late 2025.

Public consultations for these two policies will commence in October 2024.

All I can say is that I hope some of the money raised is used to improve the state of the roads in Caithness rather than being used to pay for the cutting of grass verges in Inverness.

You should look into what ULEZ will do to the less well off. If you own a car that is not ULEZ compliant you will pay a daily charge to travel in your own town. Look around you and see how many vehicles in Thurso and indeed Caithness will not comply. How many families will be driven off the roads by this? You clearly have no idea of the implications this has for less well off families. Perhaps you are lucky enough to own a ULEZ compliant car. Good for you. But as I have already pointed out this will only penalise the poor. Can the less well off afford to buy an ULEZ compliant car? No. Tell me this, did you or anyone else locally ask for this to be imposed on us? No. I myself drive a car that is not ULEZ compliant so now I will have no choice but to buy another vehicle which I will struggle to afford. And if you think Highland Council will spend the revenue they raise on the roads then you must be ever so slightly kidding yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by cat-a-tonic View Post
    You should look into what ULEZ will do to the less well off. If you own a car that is not ULEZ compliant you will pay a daily charge to travel in your own town. Look around you and see how many vehicles in Thurso and indeed Caithness will not comply. How many families will be driven off the roads by this? You clearly have no idea of the implications this has for less well off families. Perhaps you are lucky enough to own a ULEZ compliant car. Good for you. But as I have already pointed out this will only penalise the poor. Can the less well off afford to buy an ULEZ compliant car? No. Tell me this, did you or anyone else locally ask for this to be imposed on us? No. I myself drive a car that is not ULEZ compliant so now I will have no choice but to buy another vehicle which I will struggle to afford. And if you think Highland Council will spend the revenue they raise on the roads then you must be ever so slightly kidding yourself.
    Did you not notice this was posted on April Fools Day.

Blimey, that's a relief. But the story fits so well with the dismal and very real agenda of government interference that I must admit I bought it; hook, line, and sinker...