Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 80's v programms

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    As good a choice as any.
    Then again Pultneytooner, you might just be a better candidate..lol
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    Who's that then, Landmarker?
    So who is this Alf?

Is it Sarge?...........nope
    Is it Rosemary the telephone operator?..........nope
    Is it Henry the mild mannered janitor?............could be!!!!!

Hong Kong Phooeey....number 1 super guy.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Mind at thing A.L.F that used till eat cats?

Then again Pultneytooner, you might just be a better candidate..lol
    Me, controversial, never.

Mind at thing A.L.F that used till eat cats?
    Remember A.L.F,eating cats.Cannae be an orger,look at the hassle DW goes through.Pultneytooner,ye minded me of Fraggle Rock,did Jim Henson no do the puppet for A.L.F.Mr and Mrs Billy Boy mentioned it earlier,but man this programme was before its time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Remember A.L.F,eating cats.Cannae be an orger,look at the hassle DW goes through.Pultneytooner,ye minded me of Fraggle Rock,did Jim Henson no do the puppet for A.L.F.Mr and Mrs Billy Boy mentioned it earlier,but man this programme was before its time.
    Maybe DW 'is' A.L.F

Maybe DW 'is' A.L.F
    Stranger things have happened.

Jamie and the Magic Torch....can anybody...please...tell me what that was about?

Was always surprised with Bagpuss,Mr Benn and Fawlty Towers.Thought that these programmes had run for series after series.But their was only about 13 episodes made o' each,maybe slightly more for the Towers.

Stranger things have happened.

Jamie and the Magic Torch....can anybody...please...tell me what that was about?

Was always surprised with Bagpuss,Mr Benn and Fawlty Towers.Thought that these programmes had run for series after series.But their was only about 13 episodes made o' each,maybe slightly more for the Towers.
    That was all the repeats ye were watching.

That was all the repeats ye were watching.
    Repeats on the telly?Ye must be havering pultneytooner?

I used to love Jamie and his magic torch. Nobody else ever seems to know what I'm on about though..

I used to love Jamie and his magic torch. Nobody else ever seems to know what I'm on about though..
    Watched it week in week out.Can't remember what it was about.Maybe it was an experiment on kids memories.....

Little Gems - Jamie and the Magic Torch
    This super little animated classic began life on ITV back in the days when children could watch a little television just after Schools and Colleges finished or when morning television for the grown ups had finished at midday. Jamie and the magic torch concerned the adventures of Jamie and his dog Wordsworth. Wordsworth took care of the torch to ensure that no one else found out about it. Each episode would being with Jamie's mother making sure he was tucked up in bed. She would then turn out the light thinking him asleep and say "Sleep well Jamie." The very second she had gone, Jamie would open an eye and Wordsworth would appear from beneath the bed. Wordsworth would hand the torch over to Jamie and he would shine it onto the bedroom floor. A large colourful hole would appear in the floor opening up the window to a new world. Jamie would go first followed by a slightly reluctant Wordsworth. A new adventure always began with Jamie and Wordsworth going down the helta skelta into Cuckoo Land. At the bottom Jamie and Wordsworth would fly out of the base of a tree onto a soft trampoline. Both Jamie and Wordsworth would spend time there each night, sorting out the problems that the people of Cuckoo Land may have got themselves into. Jamie and Wordsworth could not stay too long in Cuckoo Land as they would always have to return just in case his mother discovered them missing. At the end of each episode, Jamie and Wordsworth would go back up the helta skelta and they would find themselves back where they started in Jamie's bedroom. Jamie would quickly get into bed and then close his eyes upon which we would hear his mother say "Settle down now, Jamie. Come on Wordsworth, out of there."
    To my knowledge, three seasons of Jamie were made each containing 13 episodes. The first season was shown in 1976 but it continued to be shown right through to the early 1980s. Each episode lasted a little over ten mins.
    Jamie and the Magic Torch was produced by Cosgrove-Hall Productions which produced a whole line of great animated classics. Their first production, 'The Magic Ball' was an award-winning series and is the very first animation that I remember. The Magic Ball was my all time favourite animation - it is a shame we cannot get to see it again though. If anyone has any material for the "THE MAGIC BALL", then please email me as I would love to see this truly remarkable little animation again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Billy Boy

Little Gems - Jamie and the Magic Torch
    This super little animated classic began life on ITV back in the days when children could watch a little television just after Schools and Colleges finished or when morning television for the grown ups had finished at midday. Jamie and the magic torch concerned the adventures of Jamie and his dog Wordsworth. Wordsworth took care of the torch to ensure that no one else found out about it. Each episode would being with Jamie's mother making sure he was tucked up in bed. She would then turn out the light thinking him asleep and say "Sleep well Jamie." The very second she had gone, Jamie would open an eye and Wordsworth would appear from beneath the bed. Wordsworth would hand the torch over to Jamie and he would shine it onto the bedroom floor. A large colourful hole would appear in the floor opening up the window to a new world. Jamie would go first followed by a slightly reluctant Wordsworth. A new adventure always began with Jamie and Wordsworth going down the helta skelta into Cuckoo Land. At the bottom Jamie and Wordsworth would fly out of the base of a tree onto a soft trampoline. Both Jamie and Wordsworth would spend time there each night, sorting out the problems that the people of Cuckoo Land may have got themselves into. Jamie and Wordsworth could not stay too long in Cuckoo Land as they would always have to return just in case his mother discovered them missing. At the end of each episode, Jamie and Wordsworth would go back up the helta skelta and they would find themselves back where they started in Jamie's bedroom. Jamie would quickly get into bed and then close his eyes upon which we would hear his mother say "Settle down now, Jamie. Come on Wordsworth, out of there."
    To my knowledge, three seasons of Jamie were made each containing 13 episodes. The first season was shown in 1976 but it continued to be shown right through to the early 1980s. Each episode lasted a little over ten mins.
    Jamie and the Magic Torch was produced by Cosgrove-Hall Productions which produced a whole line of great animated classics. Their first production, 'The Magic Ball' was an award-winning series and is the very first animation that I remember. The Magic Ball was my all time favourite animation - it is a shame we cannot get to see it again though. If anyone has any material for the "THE MAGIC BALL", then please email me as I would love to see this truly remarkable little animation again.
    Knew it had somthing to do with cuckoo land,have lived there for most o' ma days.

Cosgrove-Hall thats the guys who did Dangermouse.....oui,non?

Cheers, Mr and Mrs Billyboy, that brings back great memories..

Knew it had somthing to do with cuckoo land,have lived there for most o' ma days.

Ahh, dangermouse, the kids program with the cool jokes for the adults, excellent.

I wonder was jamie dipping into his parents stash.

Ahh, dangermouse, the kids program with the cool jokes for the adults, excellent.
    Donnie Murdo,the jokes always came across better in gaelic.

At's a beeg moos.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast