Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My cat

Default My cat

This is Smudge with Bobbi

Poor Smudge must be the unluckiest cat I know, as a kitten she spent weeks confined with a greenstick fracture, she has had both ears removed due to tumours and now after a visit to the vets it seems she may have a new tumour but sadly it is in her brain this time.
    She has been suffering narcolepsy where she would occasionally collapse like a stone, literally passing out and then get up seconds later like nothing had happened, but the last couple of days it has become more severe, the vets have tried steroids today to see if it will help a bit and tonight she is relaxed and sleeping but after 14 years with her I think our time is sadly coming to an end. I am hoping it will contain it for a little while but as soon as I feel she is suffering we will have to make the very difficult journey.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Oh Unicorn thats so sad, but i bet the lovely thing has had happiness being with you.

i love white cats, they stand out so much! Beautiful.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

She is the sweetest natured cat I have ever met, she loves all the local kids and will follow anyone for a pet, she used to leave me the heads and tails of her mouse snacks on the doorstep in the morning, thats love for you.
    I am sure she has only survived the roads as she is white, she sits on the road and makes the cars wait.
    Sadly now the hunting has stopped and she is kind of like an old lady, she also spends the day always starving but we think it may be that she is getting a bit senile with whatever is going on in her head.

Default cat

What a gorgeous cat. I could just pick her up and cuddle her. I feel heartfelt sorry for you as you approach this possible horrible decision. I know you wouldn't let the cat suffer but having to make the decision to end their life is horrendous. I really don't envy you at all. Fingers crossed that you have some more quality time together.

AWww bless her heart, such a lovely girl.

Reminds me of my boy Snowy, he was a pure white.
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

Her brother was a snowy, and identical to her. Sadly he died a few months ago, he was adorable also, I used to love seeing him sitting on his owners wall.

Aw she is gorgeous and I am so, so sorry that she is unwell again and my heart goes out to you.xxx

You say she is unlucky but she isn't! She has you as a mum who has loved and cared for all these years and I know she is grateful to you.

She looks a real sweetiepie.........enjoy the special times you have left with her and cherish everyday. My heart goes out to you, but take comfort that she doesn't know a thing about it. Lots of hugs to you both.

She is gorgeous. Sorry to hear she is unwell.
    One of my cats had tumors on his ears and had to have them both removed. I always thought it was a bit of an odd thing, maybe more common?

Ohhh no poor Smudge. She hasnt had an easy life, but she has loved and been loved every minute of it. Enjoy her. She looks very peaceful sleeping with Bobby.

So sorry that poor Smudge isn't well.
    You never know, these new tablets now will maybe give her a lot longer with you than you think!
    As everyone else on here has already said, she's obviously a much loved cat and has had a great life with you and, hopefully, a good while yet!
    Take care Unicorn, I really hope she gets over this!
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

She is a beautiful puss! Sorry to hear she isn't doing too well
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

poor smudge, get well hugs and kisses xx
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. -ALBERT CAMUS

So sorry to hear about Smudge. Just give her lots of cuddles and remember that she has a good home with you and that she gave you pleasure in having her with you.

I went though the heart break of losing one of my cats last year so i know how you feel I still have his sister and she is ok just now but a very old lady at 18 xxxx

She didn't seem so bad yesterday the collapses cut significantly, but today there have been many and tonight she had 4 in 1 hour, not as bad as they have been but still disorientating for her when they happen

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    She didn't seem so bad yesterday the collapses cut significantly, but today there have been many and tonight she had 4 in 1 hour, not as bad as they have been but still disorientating for her when they happen
    I can understand how distressing this must be for yourself and poor Smudge. She knows that you are there for her.

“It is not just that animals make the world more scenic or picturesque. The lives of animals are woven into our very being – closer than our own breathing – and our soul will suffer when they are gone.” (Gary Kowalski – Author of The Souls of Animals)

I am so sorry to hear about Smudge. Thank god she has you to care for her, poor wee soul. She looks quite the distinguished lady lying there with the dogs. Hope you are all okay

All of us who have had pets who have been very ill will know how you are feeling right now.

Here's hoping that she will improve.

We are all here for you. Sending you a big cyber hug!

PS Stavro that is a beautiful quotation and so very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    All of us who have had pets who have been very ill will know how you are feeling right now.

Here's hoping that she will improve.

We are all here for you. Sending you a big cyber hug!

PS Stavro that is a beautiful quotation and so very true.
    Thank you Liz, I think so too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast