Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drugs in your head

Sounds like P/Tooner is the only person on this thread that could realy use a joint to chill out! lol

Well all i want to know is where is there a chemist open at this time of night. Im desperate to buy up all the Beechams cold remedies i can , and see if Elvis will start a come back tour in my fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by teuchter
    Well all i want to know is where is there a chemist open at this time of night. Im desperate to buy up all the Beechams cold remedies i can , and see if Elvis will start a come back tour in my fridge.
    An Elvis tour in a fridge, now that would be really........ cool
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by clash67
    Sounds like P/Tooner is the only person on this thread that could realy use a joint to chill out! lol
    Okay, I'll chill when I'm standing beside my fridge watching elvis in concert.

Yup and the tickets are incredibly cheap. According to Pultneytooner all it costs is the price of a prescription. Cheapest gig you'll see and still be near to the cheese and tomatoes for a half time snack. Im not going to condone having lager in your fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    Okay, I'll chill when I'm standing beside my fridge watching elvis in concert.
    Now thats more like a post from the pultneytooner o' the org.

If you washed the pills down with a large dram, do you suppose Roy Orbison might open for Elvis. You could sell more tickets than T in the park for that.

Yup and the tickets are incredibly cheap. According to Pultneytooner all it costs is the price of a prescription. Cheapest gig you'll see and still be near to the cheese and tomatoes for a half time snack. Im not going to condone having lager in your fridge.
    Yeah, just some df118's and a cheese and tomato sandwich and you're all set.

Staying aside of the legality issue...how often do you hear in the papers about crimes committed while someone has smoked marijuana? How many women get raped cuz some guy's been toking? How many people get beat up? I can't think of the last time I heard of a crime that was committed while someone was under the influence of "wacky tabaccy".

Open last weeks Groat, and I can see at a glance there are three references to alcohol related driving offences, fist-fights etc.

So which drug should be legalized?

Oh, but pot's no good cuz it leads to harder drugs? Sorry, but I don't buy that. First of all, that's like saying drinking beer leads you to make moonshine - a possible route to take, but unlikely for most of the population who try beer. Secondly, I'd bet that every single person who's tried pot has tried alcohol first! so which drug should we be outlawing?

The only crime a pot-head is likely to commit is nicking snacks from a cornerstore cuz he's got the munchies! Hardly dangerous to the population as a whole, and alot less dangerous to themselves than alcholics.

If you washed the pills down with a large dram, do you suppose Roy Orbison might open for Elvis. You could sell more tickets than T in the park for that.
    Now that would be a crackin' gig,teuchter.Maybe even a wee bit o' Jimmi Hendrix wi' "Purple Haze".Even get the Welsh miners in to supply "pot" noodles.

As long as Bob Dylan doesnt close the set with "everybody must get stones".

Roy Orbison might open for Elvis.
    Singing, 'here comes that bong again'.

Staying aside of the legality issue...how often do you hear in the papers about crimes committed while someone has smoked marijuana? How many women get raped cuz some guy's been toking? How many people get beat up? I can't think of the last time I heard of a crime that was committed while someone was under the influence of "wacky tabaccy".
    How many rapists, murderers, whatever type of criminal are tested for marijauna use after commiting a crime, Mmm?
    Cracking logic that.

How many rapists, murderers, whatever type of criminal are tested for marijauna use after commiting a crime, Mmm?
    Cracking logic that.
    Tried hash in ma younger days.Floated away took a major "whitey" and stuck to fags and booze ever since.

Now this is going to be a touchy subject for all you potheads. All you people who are lobbying to legalize medicinal marijuana. I’ll tell you right now, these people do not give two hoots about the medicinal benefits of medical marijuana. They just want to get high and not get bothered by the cops. That’s all it is. Don’t… let ‘em… fool you. All right.

Sorry man I dissagree...

To have cannabus legalized for medical reasons i'm all for... Ive done my research on my moms disease MS { Multiple sclerosis }.. And cannabis is used with MS suffers to releave them from teh pain they have to indure with this awful disease!.. The government had all suffers of MS on the edges of there seats with this.. There was a cannabis spray that was going to be turnign legal to be subsrcibed to MS suffers and it wasnt so they could gte high or get a hit from it or watever you call it!... It killed the pain!

I havnt even bothered to read the rest of ure post.. I just feel from wat i quoted u .. maby you should take in all the info u need before going and blurting it out saying ure sick of all these so called Pot heads!...
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Tried hash in ma younger days.Floated away took a major "whitey" and stuck to fags and booze ever since.
    Wis at e' cornbeef hash then, cedric?

Default a little mroe to add on to my last post

** taken from the MS Society website!**

A company called GW Pharmaceuticals plc has also been looking at the effects of a cannabis extract (in the form of a spray), for MS symptoms. The company has recently announced positive preliminary results from four completed phase III clinical trials, where symptoms of nerve pain (as a result of MS damaging the nervous system), spasticity and sleep disturbance were significantly improved.

Results from the trials have been submitted to the Medicines and Healthcare products Reulatory Agency (MHRA) for a licence. The MHRA had no issues concerning the safety or quality of Sativex. However, although they recognises Sativex has a positive effect in spasticity, seen in clinical data, how much this improvement means to patients (i.e. the clinical relevance) is uncertain.

GW Pharmaceuticals have sought a hearing with the Medicines Commission, a senior advisory body to the MHRA which took place in June 05. The Medicines Commission has now declined GW’s appeal, stating that there is not enough evidence of effectiveness to grant a product license for spasticity.

A new GW study looking at the effects of Sativex on spasticity in 280 people with MS is due to report results in Spring 2006. Meanwhile research continues into the effect of Sativex into other symptoms such as neuropathic pain.
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Wis at e' cornbeef hash then, cedric?
    Naw the corned beef made the rizlas all soggy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick

Open last weeks Groat, and I can see at a glance there are three references to alcohol related driving offences, fist-fights etc.

So which drug should be legalized?

Oh, but pot's no good cuz it leads to harder drugs? Sorry, but I don't buy that. First of all, that's like saying drinking beer leads you to make moonshine - a possible route to take, but unlikely for most of the population who try beer. Secondly, I'd bet that every single person who's tried pot has tried alcohol first! so which drug should we be outlawing?

The only crime a pot-head is likely to commit is nicking snacks from a cornerstore cuz he's got the munchies! Hardly dangerous to the population as a whole, and alot less dangerous to themselves than alcholics.
    Hear, hear, rockchick! Never smoked the stuff, but being a sixties teenager, I know people who did/do, and also people who drink......and those who drink are the only ones I know who beat up on others.

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy
    ** taken from the MS Society website!**

A company called GW Pharmaceuticals plc has also been looking at the effects of a cannabis extract (in the form of a spray), for MS symptoms. The company has recently announced positive preliminary results from four completed phase III clinical trials, where symptoms of nerve pain (as a result of MS damaging the nervous system), spasticity and sleep disturbance were significantly improved.

Results from the trials have been submitted to the Medicines and Healthcare products Reulatory Agency (MHRA) for a licence. The MHRA had no issues concerning the safety or quality of Sativex. However, although they recognises Sativex has a positive effect in spasticity, seen in clinical data, how much this improvement means to patients (i.e. the clinical relevance) is uncertain.

GW Pharmaceuticals have sought a hearing with the Medicines Commission, a senior advisory body to the MHRA which took place in June 05. The Medicines Commission has now declined GW’s appeal, stating that there is not enough evidence of effectiveness to grant a product license for spasticity.

A new GW study looking at the effects of Sativex on spasticity in 280 people with MS is due to report results in Spring 2006. Meanwhile research continues into the effect of Sativex into other symptoms such as neuropathic pain.
    Zebedy man,for being a "youngster",thats a mature head you've got on your shoulders.Great posts man.

Cracking logic that.
    Dunno about how many, pultneytooner...........but I can say that I've never been beaten up by someone who smoked cannabis......but unfortunately I can't say the same about alcohol users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast