Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Radio city

Got my CD today.

Delighted with it, I thought it would be heavily remastered but I'm glad to say it's very close to the earlier tape and vinyl versions I've got.

That said, it's a totally different version of "Girls on the Bus" than appeared on the Dance Hall Daze tape.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I think I'm doing something wrong here.Every time I try "add to cart" and click on Paypal English,I get a page in Japanese with "Radio City" in Roman type.Attempts also seem to be cumulative,so I was on 8 copies before I chickened out and quit.
    Try CDBANQ.COM if you are having problems with 1977. I've just placed my order, it works out about a fiver cheaper too.

http://www.cdbanq.com/Radio-City--Lo...3_p_50381.html

Er, I hope nobody took my advice...CDBANQ don't have it in stock anymore and will probably have to get a refund. I've now ordered from Detour Records, a UK based website who have a few copies left

Thanks for that,Old School Rocker.I was home in Thurso for a couple of weeks and hardly looked at a computer,so just caught up with your posts.Have just placed an order with Detour today,assuming they haven't been burned and looted.

Copy arrived in the post yesterday,made up for a long day at work and my fridge blowing up!Such a great band and it brings back so many memories.Thanks again for the link,Old School Rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Copy arrived in the post yesterday,made up for a long day at work and my fridge blowing up!Such a great band and it brings back so many memories.Thanks again for the link,Old School Rocker.
    Glad to hear you got a copy, stumpy. I was actually informed by CDBANQ that after they checked with various distributors and retailers, the item was discontinued and is currently unavailable from the maker.. it's hardly been a month since it went on sale! It was easier to get it in the UK than it was for them to find one in Japan!

Just back from holiday, and my CD and single were lying in the mailbox on my return. I have the original single back home in Thurso, and it was quite spooky opening up the package and seeing the cover.....a real step back in time.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Aye the single sleeve is quite faithful to the original apart from the inner label on the record...not quite as easy to reproduce. Coincidentally there's another fairly obscure band called Radio City from the States, put out a CD called "Class of 77" a couple of years ago as a sort of 'lost album' from the late '70s. It's actually surprisingly good...anyone who likes Power Pop bands like the Shoes, Records, Rubinoos , Big Star or even our own Radio City would love it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I had the old "Daznce Hall Daze" tape, wish I could find it now!

I went to School with Raymond's son and was always in awe of his Bass! Can't even remember what it was (Rickenbacker maybe???) but must have listened to 'Love and a Picture" a thousand times. I played in a band for a while and remember covering it in the old Aultnamain(sp) Inn.

Happy days.
    Listening to Dance Hall Daze on tape just now...... amazing what you find when doing a clearout!

If anyone's interested, I think Gary Clarke will be playing some Radio City on next Friday's show (7th Oct, 10pm-12, CFM). He said he was interested in hearing local bands, so I thought what the heck, why not request a song from the new Radio City CD! :O).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123