Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Radio city

Violin-shaped? Must have been a Hofner:

"It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Rraymond used a Rickenbacker stereo bass[Phil Lynott Thin Lizzy]and a Hofner Beetle bass[Paul MaCartney] played through a Marshall 100W stack and eventually through just one 4 x 12 cabinet.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

The single now on release in Japan, out on the Egging Label, priced at 1500 yen about £11.00. Dont know whats happening about the CD, bit of a language breakdown /technical issues, but they'll get round to it.

http://www.1977records.com/main.html

Some info on 1977 / Egging

1977 Records is a music shop and is based in Tokyo JAPAN. It was founded in 1992 by DJ Lodio (Nobutada Yaita), of “London Nite”,a pioneer of Tokyo’s club night event scene. In 1999, the label moved to Dojunkai Building in Harajuku; the central area of Tokyo’s fashion scene, and opened a record shop, 1977 Records. In late 2000, 1977 created a label Egging, with a mind to releasing good bands in the world regardless of genre. Most recent releases are in the indie pop, indie rock, and alternative genres although they have also released punk and power-pop bands. Now, Egging is seen as a remarkable label in Japan!!

Nobutada Yaita is the founder and owner of 1977 Records. He wrote the Japanese language liner-notes for The Seventeen (forerunners of The Alarm) “A Flashing Blur of Stripped Down Excitement” and The Buzzcocks “Modern album.”
    Last edited by rob murray; 02-Dec-10 at 18:13.

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    have any of you read about the radio city album being released in japan. the band are local and broke up in 1981 i believe.

lot of people are looking for original release vinyl singles of this group and i happen to have one.

what should i do with it? sell it? keep it?

opinions?
    The Radio City album is being released by 1977 records in July 2011, a marketing ploy ie 30 years after songs originally recorded. Check out 1977 we bsite nearer the release date

A bit of good news indeed!I still have the single,but a CD's much handier.Any idea who's doing the distribution yet?

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    A bit of good news indeed!I still have the single,but a CD's much handier.Any idea who's doing the distribution yet?
    It will be on line through 1977 records web site only, but if things turn out like the single other web retailers will get copies and re sell them ie the re issued single on 1977 records appears on another 4 web retailers and copies are currently being re sold on e bay at 3 times the re issue price ie 30 US dollars. Best to google, if you type into google advanced search love and a picture then radio city you will see loads of sites ( mostly Japanese ) carrying info

As an original member of Radio City and having played in Bodie and the Blonde Brothers with Raymond i would like to offer fans of Radio City the chance to purchase an original copy of Radio City's single without having to bid on e/bay.Numbers are limited. All the money raised will go to Leukemia research.I will ask questions about the band to see if you are a genuine fan!

Quote Originally Posted by tremner View Post
    As an original member of Radio City and having played in Bodie and the Blonde Brothers with Raymond i would like to offer fans of Radio City the chance to purchase an original copy of Radio City's single without having to bid on e/bay.Numbers are limited. All the money raised will go to Leukemia research.I will ask questions about the band to see if you are a genuine fan!
    I'd love it, but too young to answer any questions! Went to school with Raymonds son and must have played dance hall daze until it wore out! She's a radio and Love and a picture were easily the best songs on that album.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

You have already answered a question.PM me if you would like to make a donation and get a single.

Thread seems to have dried up of late but I'd just like to thank Tich Bremner once again for very generously giving a few Radio City fans a chance to get a rare single. Nice one Tich! ;o)

I'm also interested in the Blonde Brothers cassette single, so if anyone can make it available for download I'd really appreciate it!

Hi folks,
    If you're interested in Z-ROX you can listen to songs from "Face the Future" on Last.FM, albeit low quality. I'd really love a better copy tho. I suppose the album must be mega-rare these days!?

http://www.last.fm/music/Z-ROX/Face+The+Future

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Rocker View Post
    Hi folks,
    If you're interested in Z-ROX you can listen to songs from "Face the Future" on Last.FM, albeit low quality. I'd really love a better copy tho. I suppose the album must be mega-rare these days!?

http://www.last.fm/music/Z-ROX/Face+The+Future
    O my, this brings back the memories also! I was involved in the artwork and band photography on this one - was it really 23 years ago now!! (strange to see the cassette portrait format layout re-done to fit CD). I have a couple of copies of this on cassette.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Dave Craig has the DAT master and he has attempted to remix it. His mix and mine are very different.

Thanks Gleber2. Funny you should say that, because after I posted here I found that there was a contact email on the Last.FM page. It was indeed David Craig's. So after sending an email he offered to do a CD copy from the DAT master. Apparently he also has live recordings aswell but I didn't enquire about them...so if I understand you correctly you did the original mastering?

Thanks also Deemac...sent you a PM ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Rocker View Post
    Thanks Gleber2. Funny you should say that, because after I posted here I found that there was a contact email on the Last.FM page. It was indeed David Craig's. So after sending an email he offered to do a CD copy from the DAT master. Apparently he also has live recordings aswell but I didn't enquire about them...so if I understand you correctly you did the original mastering?

Thanks also Deemac...sent you a PM ;o)
    I recorded the album and mastered it at Greenland Mains Farm in 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    I recorded the album and mastered it at Greenland Mains Farm in 1988.
    Ah right, I see. It will be interesting to compare both versions. David Craig said that he is thinking about releasing the remastered version in a limited quantity of a few hundred, would be quite popular I reckon.

Release date for Radio City CD is 13th July! At last! . There's also a new pic of the band if you click on "News" on the top left at 1977 Records , plus some song info.

http://www.1977records.com/main2.html

Other websites are already offering a Pre-order but might be best to wait until the 13th and order from 1977, having said that, the Paypal option looks a bit tricky because its all in Japanese. Anyone ever bought from 1977 before??

Edit: I just checked the problem with someone else...when you click on something in the shop and "Add to cart" it takes you to a Paypal page in English, I tried adding a few singles just to see, the only one affected is the single at the very top (MACHINES), which takes you to a Japanese Paypal.
    Last edited by Old School Rocker; 25-Jun-11 at 05:59. Reason: Addition

Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

I think I'm doing something wrong here.Every time I try "add to cart" and click on Paypal English,I get a page in Japanese with "Radio City" in Roman type.Attempts also seem to be cumulative,so I was on 8 copies before I chickened out and quit.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I think I'm doing something wrong here.Every time I try "add to cart" and click on Paypal English,I get a page in Japanese with "Radio City" in Roman type.Attempts also seem to be cumulative,so I was on 8 copies before I chickened out and quit.
    It worked okay for me......

- Charles de Gaulle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast