Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Radio city

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Radio city

have any of you read about the radio city album being released in japan. the band are local and broke up in 1981 i believe.

lot of people are looking for original release vinyl singles of this group and i happen to have one.

what should i do with it? sell it? keep it?

opinions?

I have heard of it yes as my Bass player is the singer from Radio City's son. Apparently they are going for a fair whack on eBay!
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Just give it to me, it's worthless..

I have both Radio City tracks plus others as well as tracks penned by Raymond on a " Dancehall Daze " tape, played by various local musicians. Theres some good tunes there.

Had that tape, must start looking in boxes.

Great tunes - would love to hear them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog-eared View Post
    I have both Radio City tracks plus others as well as tracks penned by Raymond on a " Dancehall Daze " tape, played by various local musicians. Theres some good tunes there.
    Hey, I recorded that one!! Long time ago and to be fair out of my depth (2 track DAT to DAT recording was bordering on insanity!! - ie: record all the backing to one DAT machine then overdub the vocals to a second DAT recorder while live mixing each time!!! - it scares me to even thing about it now). But enough of the tech talk, Raymond was a brilliant song writer and the tunes that each band performed worked out well. I still have a CD of this (we got 3 CD's produced by Grampian records in Wick for £25 a disc - this was in 1993 when CD burning was new!!! - we gave one to Raymonds wife as a gift.) Pure class . . . . . .
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

I doubt it is the same Radio City.

I am lucky to have been given a CD of a lot of Raymond Henderson's stuff by a fellow orger
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

I still have the CD that you gave me.[The third one]Raymond was not only a great songwriter he also had a great singing voice.The two tracks on the CD recorded by Barracuda were originally demos of just Raymond playing guitar and singing.We added the backing later at Ian Sinclairs studio and I sometimes think we should have left them alone, a sort of Raymond unplugged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Hey, I recorded that one!! Long time ago and to be fair out of my depth (2 track DAT to DAT recording was bordering on insanity!! - ie: record all the backing to one DAT machine then overdub the vocals to a second DAT recorder while live mixing each time!!! - it scares me to even thing about it now). But enough of the tech talk, Raymond was a brilliant song writer and the tunes that each band performed worked out well. I still have a CD of this (we got 3 CD's produced by Grampian records in Wick for £25 a disc - this was in 1993 when CD burning was new!!! - we gave one to Raymonds wife as a gift.) Pure class . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    have any of you read about the radio city album being released in japan. the band are local and broke up in 1981 i believe.

lot of people are looking for original release vinyl singles of this group and i happen to have one.

what should i do with it? sell it? keep it?

opinions?
    The Radio City album is being released by 1977 records in July 2011, a marketing ploy ie 30 years after songs originally recorded. Check out 1977 we bsite nearer the release date

A bit of good news indeed!I still have the single,but a CD's much handier.Any idea who's doing the distribution yet?

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    A bit of good news indeed!I still have the single,but a CD's much handier.Any idea who's doing the distribution yet?
    It will be on line through 1977 records web site only, but if things turn out like the single other web retailers will get copies and re sell them ie the re issued single on 1977 records appears on another 4 web retailers and copies are currently being re sold on e bay at 3 times the re issue price ie 30 US dollars. Best to google, if you type into google advanced search love and a picture then radio city you will see loads of sites ( mostly Japanese ) carrying info

As an original member of Radio City and having played in Bodie and the Blonde Brothers with Raymond i would like to offer fans of Radio City the chance to purchase an original copy of Radio City's single without having to bid on e/bay.Numbers are limited. All the money raised will go to Leukemia research.I will ask questions about the band to see if you are a genuine fan!

Quote Originally Posted by tremner View Post
    As an original member of Radio City and having played in Bodie and the Blonde Brothers with Raymond i would like to offer fans of Radio City the chance to purchase an original copy of Radio City's single without having to bid on e/bay.Numbers are limited. All the money raised will go to Leukemia research.I will ask questions about the band to see if you are a genuine fan!
    I'd love it, but too young to answer any questions! Went to school with Raymonds son and must have played dance hall daze until it wore out! She's a radio and Love and a picture were easily the best songs on that album.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle