Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: Radio city

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    thurso
    Posts
    701

    Default Radio city

    have any of you read about the radio city album being released in japan. the band are local and broke up in 1981 i believe.

    lot of people are looking for original release vinyl singles of this group and i happen to have one.

    what should i do with it? sell it? keep it?

    opinions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    655

    Default

    I have heard of it yes as my Bass player is the singer from Radio City's son. Apparently they are going for a fair whack on eBay!
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    Just give it to me, it's worthless..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    I have both Radio City tracks plus others as well as tracks penned by Raymond on a " Dancehall Daze " tape, played by various local musicians. Theres some good tunes there.

  5. #5

    Default

    Had that tape, must start looking in boxes.

  6. #6

    Default

    Great tunes - would love to hear them again.

  7. #7

    Default Radio City

    Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Great tunes - would love to hear them again.
    Pepsi try this link, you may be able to download them from here, it's an interesting read whatever.

    http://musicruinedmylife.blogspot.co...d-picture.html

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In a great spot
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog-eared View Post
    I have both Radio City tracks plus others as well as tracks penned by Raymond on a " Dancehall Daze " tape, played by various local musicians. Theres some good tunes there.
    Hey, I recorded that one!! Long time ago and to be fair out of my depth (2 track DAT to DAT recording was bordering on insanity!! - ie: record all the backing to one DAT machine then overdub the vocals to a second DAT recorder while live mixing each time!!! - it scares me to even thing about it now). But enough of the tech talk, Raymond was a brilliant song writer and the tunes that each band performed worked out well. I still have a CD of this (we got 3 CD's produced by Grampian records in Wick for 25 a disc - this was in 1993 when CD burning was new!!! - we gave one to Raymonds wife as a gift.) Pure class . . . . . .
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    I doubt it is the same Radio City.

    I am lucky to have been given a CD of a lot of Raymond Henderson's stuff by a fellow orger
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    sunny polteney
    Posts
    9

    Default

    found a guy in london sellin a copy of love and a picture/shes a radio you can buy it for 350.00.he claims it was signed for his sister

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Wow, looks like I may have been wrong!

    http://musicruinedmylife.blogspot.co...d-picture.html

    Anyone got any details of this release in Japan?? I am heading to Tokyo in June......would be rather surreal to pick up a copy.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    thurso
    Posts
    701

    Default

    and it is the she's a radio single i have. the picture is exactly the same as the one on the website scotsboy linked

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy View Post
    Wow, looks like I may have been wrong!

    http://musicruinedmylife.blogspot.co...d-picture.html

    Anyone got any details of this release in Japan?? I am heading to Tokyo in June......would be rather surreal to pick up a copy.
    Both the CD and single are to be released by 1977 records, see below. Single first within the next 6 weeks then followed by the CD possibly July / August time.

    1977 RECORDS
    28-7 Co-lab 707, Sanbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0075, Japan.
    www.1977records.com
    info@1977records.com
    Tel: +81 (0)3 5213 5277 Fax: +81 (0)3 5215 8611

  14. #14

    Default

    I still have the CD that you gave me.[The third one]Raymond was not only a great songwriter he also had a great singing voice.The two tracks on the CD recorded by Barracuda were originally demos of just Raymond playing guitar and singing.We added the backing later at Ian Sinclairs studio and I sometimes think we should have left them alone, a sort of Raymond unplugged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Hey, I recorded that one!! Long time ago and to be fair out of my depth (2 track DAT to DAT recording was bordering on insanity!! - ie: record all the backing to one DAT machine then overdub the vocals to a second DAT recorder while live mixing each time!!! - it scares me to even thing about it now). But enough of the tech talk, Raymond was a brilliant song writer and the tunes that each band performed worked out well. I still have a CD of this (we got 3 CD's produced by Grampian records in Wick for 25 a disc - this was in 1993 when CD burning was new!!! - we gave one to Raymonds wife as a gift.) Pure class . . . . . .

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Any info on the release of these in Japan? Been checking the website but not seen anything to date.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    east of eden
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy View Post
    Any info on the release of these in Japan? Been checking the website but not seen anything to date.
    ...reckon it won't be long now. The Japanese like to get things just right. Raymond and I collaborated on around a hundred tunes in the Radio City/Blonde Brothers days, and I've been performing a few of them again (including 'Love and a Picture') in my solo gigs... took a long,long time for me to come to terms with not sharing the microphone with him and hearing that amazing harmony voice blasting in my lug, but there's a whole new world of people out there getting off on what we did 30 years ago, and I guess he would be as chuffed as I am about that. I was back in Thurso for a few days in July and was saddened to see the Viewfirth had gone - I guess that was one of the places we played (along with the Rosebank in Wick) where we felt something was really happening... Thanks to everyone who has kept the flame burning for Radio City over the years, they were great times and I have some wonderful memories of them. I'm off to listen to the Rubinoos now... "I think we're alone now..."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peepjunior View Post
    ...reckon it won't be long now. The Japanese like to get things just right. Raymond and I collaborated on around a hundred tunes in the Radio City/Blonde Brothers days, and I've been performing a few of them again (including 'Love and a Picture') in my solo gigs... took a long,long time for me to come to terms with not sharing the microphone with him and hearing that amazing harmony voice blasting in my lug, but there's a whole new world of people out there getting off on what we did 30 years ago, and I guess he would be as chuffed as I am about that. I was back in Thurso for a few days in July and was saddened to see the Viewfirth had gone - I guess that was one of the places we played (along with the Rosebank in Wick) where we felt something was really happening... Thanks to everyone who has kept the flame burning for Radio City over the years, they were great times and I have some wonderful memories of them. I'm off to listen to the Rubinoos now... "I think we're alone now..."
    Good to hear! I'll keep an eye out for it.

    Yer right J........those nights in the Viewfirth and the Rosebank were pretty special!
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    I had the old "Daznce Hall Daze" tape, wish I could find it now!

    I went to School with Raymond's son and was always in awe of his Bass! Can't even remember what it was (Rickenbacker maybe???) but must have listened to 'Love and a Picture" a thousand times. I played in a band for a while and remember covering it in the old Aultnamain(sp) Inn.

    Happy days.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I had the old "Daznce Hall Daze" tape, wish I could find it now!

    I went to School with Raymond's son and was always in awe of his Bass! Can't even remember what it was (Rickenbacker maybe???) but must have listened to 'Love and a Picture" a thousand times. I played in a band for a while and remember covering it in the old Aultnamain(sp) Inn.

    Happy days.
    By no means an expert (or even a novice) in this field, but I can remember the bass shape well, it was very distinctive, kind of violin shaped - I am sure one of the music experts on here will be able to tell us what it was, but I agree it was a very nice piece of kit.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy View Post
    By no means an expert (or even a novice) in this field, but I can remember the bass shape well, it was very distinctive, kind of violin shaped - I am sure one of the music experts on here will be able to tell us what it was, but I agree it was a very nice piece of kit.
    That's the one, a nice sunburst blonde finish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •