Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What food do you feed your dog ?

Question What food do you feed your dog ?

I was just wandering what you all feed your woofers ?

I feed all of mine Arden Grange now, I use to feed Orijen but it got too costly.
    Live the dream, don't dream the life

Dr Johns and Gusto, with the addition of sardines or cornedbeef.

We also have to make extra rice when we are having it as he loves the stuff.

The wee man calls him our compost bin cos he has the tops off carrots, the middle of the cabbage and apple cores when he can get them.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Burns Pet Nutrition.
    It's costly but the only food our dog with food allergies doesn't have any reactions to. Wouldn't feed anything else now even though I have 3 dogs and they are eating me out of house and home...lol.
    Poops are so much easier to pick up when they are on this food.

I feed Dr Johns or Burgess superdog. Mine need a low protein feed or the explode

Naturediet Lite.

Benjy would eat anything and everything but I want him to eat a 'natural' food. Also, he has a sensitive tum and this is the only one that doesn't give him the skoots!

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    I feed Dr Johns or Burgess superdog. Mine need a low protein feed or the explode
    Mine too, so they eat Wagg mixed with Chappie. All the good quality foods made my girl ill!
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

We got our dog a few months ago aged 3.
    I know that the dry complete foods are best for them but, he just would not touch it. Meals were becoming a battle. I tried more expensive wet meats and no again.

The only ones he will eat are Tesco own brand individuals and the same from Pets At Home.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Have always fed my three on wagg!

One of my two are on barf diet with pasta. Biologically appropriate raw food. Raw white meat and fish, raw veg done in the food processor and pasta to bulk it up. I have to do this cause my bull terrier is so food sensitive even james wellbeloved etc brings out foot licking and sores. it is aggravating that I cant get blocks of raw meat delivered up here as ordering them in costs much less than pets at home which is 80 per block. Unless anyone knows of anyone who delivers? The other one eats the same but with a can of dog food instead

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    Dr Johns and Gusto, with the addition of sardines or cornedbeef.

We also have to make extra rice when we are having it as he loves the stuff.

The wee man calls him our compost bin cos he has the tops off carrots, the middle of the cabbage and apple cores when he can get them.

I have never herd of that brand, I'll have a wee google, LOL

Compost bin, ha ha bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Burns Pet Nutrition.
    It's costly but the only food our dog with food allergies doesn't have any reactions to. Wouldn't feed anything else now even though I have 3 dogs and they are eating me out of house and home...lol.
    Poops are so much easier to pick up when they are on this food.

Yes, I agree Burns is a great food.

my 3 are on JWB but I'm thinking of changing down to a less expensive brand, seen a bit about Dr John and the price is excellent - £30 saving!! - but is it just for working dogs (lurchers/greyhounds) or would it suit any active dog?

Quote Originally Posted by bullielove View Post
    One of my two are on barf diet with pasta. Biologically appropriate raw food. Raw white meat and fish, raw veg done in the food processor and pasta to bulk it up. I have to do this cause my bull terrier is so food sensitive even james wellbeloved etc brings out foot licking and sores. it is aggravating that I cant get blocks of raw meat delivered up here as ordering them in costs much less than pets at home which is 80 per block. Unless anyone knows of anyone who delivers? The other one eats the same but with a can of dog food instead

I used to feed barf to my dogs but found it too expensive and most of all time consuming. One of mine licks his feet until they are raw red and then starts chewing the pads off until his feet bleed and he can't walk.
    He was fine on barf but he is also fine on Burns Pet Nutrition. They do food for all kinds of dogs, rice, potato or maize based. Puppies, active dogs, seniors etc., was worth a try and found that rice based was best for him. They also do moist food.

His licking was also aggravated by dust mites, so he only lives on hard floors now and dog beds get washed regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    my 3 are on JWB but I'm thinking of changing down to a less expensive brand, seen a bit about Dr John and the price is excellent - £30 saving!! - but is it just for working dogs (lurchers/greyhounds) or would it suit any active dog?
    It says on the bag working/sports dogs so I guess if your dog is active it will be fine on it

It's nice big nuggets as well so they chew it rather than inhaling it

Smile

Our all get Wagg worker and if anyone needs a little extra then they get Tripe or mince mixed in too

Default dog feeding

My dogs have quite a varied diet, they eat any leftovers including veg etc, dried dog food either platinum Dr John's or they like the killdrummie mix musili, they get additional oil and butchermeat, they also get big knuckle bones to amuse them inbetween feeding. My dogs are all lean, some may think too thin but they are well fed, warm at night and have plenty of excercise. Hopefully this will keep them healthy and soundess issues away!

Mine is on a BARF diet, in my opinion it's a more natural diet, it's much cheaper and she loves it!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

waggs here
    http://itqueries.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bullielove View Post
    Have you tried ordering directly from Natures Menu for the raw blocks of meat?

Mine are on Wainwrights in trays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast