Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marks and Spencers coming to Wick

Default Marks and Spencers coming to Wick

Yes its ture Marks and Sparks are coming to wick. They are building next to tesco. The bosses were up enquiring abouth employment situation in county and have said they are commited to building a store along side matalan next to tesco and pizza hut

Smile Wick goes Upmarket!

Well done for the royal burgh.
    All we need now is for Ikea to open up next to the new sports centre in Halkirk, Next to open up beside Asda's in Thurso and the new national nuclear waste repository dug into the hillside at Shebster opposite Dounreay.
    Ooops! shouldn't have let the last one slip out sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by watman
    Yes its ture Marks and Sparks are coming to wick. They are building next to tesco. The bosses were up enquiring abouth employment situation in county and have said they are commited to building a store along sid

e matalan next to tesco and pizza hut

You wish !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Vendetta
    Well done for the royal burgh.
    All we need now is for Ikea to open up next to the new sports centre in Halkirk, Next to open up beside Asda's in Thurso and the new national nuclear waste repository dug into the hillside at Shebster opposite Dounreay.
    Ooops! shouldn't have let the last one slip out sorry.

If you are going to start rumours, make sure that you get your facts right - as far as I am aware, Shebster is not opposite Dounreay!

Cool marks and spencer coming to wick

Yes its ture Marks and Sparks are coming to wick. They are building next to tesco. The bosses were up enquiring abouth employment situation in county and have said they are commited to building a store along side matalan next to tesco and pizza hut

and pigs are flying all around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by janette
    and pigs are flying all around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Big pink one's!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by laguna2

If you are going to start rumours, make sure that you get your facts right - as far as I am aware, Shebster is not opposite Dounreay!

I think you will find that Shebster Hill is exactly where Victor V says, unless they have moved it, for years the water supply for Dounreay has come down the hill from Shebster water treatment plant on to the site.

[quote=watman]Yes its ture Marks and Sparks are coming to wick. They are building next to tesco. The bosses were up enquiring abouth employment situation in county and have said they are commited to building a store along side matalan next to tesco and pizza hut[/quote
    I hope its all true,would be great,how do you know all this is going to happen Watman?
    Always remember your unique, just like everyone else

i heard "cash converters" are moving to the area too, to buy up all the unwanted impulse buys everone are making in the new shops
    beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

Default marks and spencers coming to wick

Quote Originally Posted by dunderheed
    i heard "cash converters" are moving to the area too, to buy up all the unwanted impulse buys everone are making in the new shops
    and the brown bins, supplied for garden waste, are filling up nicely with the plants bought and put in gardens without being hardened off and getting frosted

Quote Originally Posted by dunderheed

I am sure they won't be needed. Cole's Law states that "The available budget expands naturally, in direct proportion to the amount of outlets available to consume that budget"

This, of course, contradicts those old adages "Ne'er cast a Kitchen till May be oot" and "Dinna tak yee a new Bathroom if there be an APR in the month"

Wick must be the new millionaire's row judging by all these new megastores opening. Thar's gold in them there tills!!

Haven't marks and spencers got a place at the falls of shin, if there why not here but can you afford their over-inflated prices.
    You never know, it could be a national nuclear waste repository that is the reason for all the activity in caithness, who knows but whatever it is it certainly won't be for our benefit i.m.h.o.

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    Haven't marks and spencers got a place at the falls of shin, if there why not here but can you afford their over-inflated prices.
    You never know, it could be a national nuclear waste repository that is the reason for all the activity in caithness, who knows but whatever it is it certainly won't be for our benefit i.m.h.o.
    close its actually harrods
    beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    You never know, it could be a national nuclear waste repository that is the reason for all the activity in caithness
    I thought it was a Nuclear Waste Suppository ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by laguna2

It is n a straight line over the hill and far away but you will be able to see the Ormlie wind farm from Dounreay but not from Ormlie

As I stated a while ago now in my "Shops" thread. Matalan and Marks and Spencer have no plans to open a store in Caithness. That information was given to me by their property development department.

Take a look at http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=9709
    Last edited by rfr10; 16-May-06 at 16:59.

Never heard so much rubbish they'll be telling us next that NASA want to setup a space centre and giving out discount flight to the moon ... don't believe every thing you hear .

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie
    I thought it was a Nuclear Waste Suppository ;o)
    That was my first thought as to where they can shove it.

Default Sorry I Assumed

Thanks to Countryman for pointing out to Laguna2 the relationship between Shebster and Dounreay.
    I maybe didn't make it clear enough, sorry.
    In actual fact the hill behind the Dounreay water plant at Shebster is the location I had in mind.
    Also a good point about the Ormlie wind farm.
    I heard they were going to get the rug pulled out from under them there but then someone pointed out that some of them have rugs on top of them !!!
    I didn't know what they mean't can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by ice box
    Never heard so much rubbish they'll be telling us next that NASA want to setup a space centre and giving out discount flight to the moon ... don't believe every thing you hear .
    would be cool though.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast