Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: vivarium owners?

Default vivarium owners?

Ok we are about to embarke on our first reptile and I am looking for the best place to shop, we are planning a milk or rat snake and need everything, I don't want to pay through the nose for postage, and would like there to be back up if I have a problem. Or if anyone has a suitable vivarium for sale I may be interested...so what knowledge is lurking in the org?

bernies in elgin have a good vivs and has allways got milk king snakes and others really worth a look

Ive always gotten my vivs and equipment etc from RD Rintouls in Bathgate. They have alot of reptiles ranging from Hatchlings, yearlings to older reptiles.
    It obviously means travelling for the stuff though.

Livefoods by post are really good too. I get my live & frozen food from there and never had a problem.

As for back up, you might just need a 2nd heat mat or thermostat if they become faulty but these you may be able to borrow from someone until you get a new one.
    Ive had my corn for 7years in different viv sizes as shes grown and never had a problem (Touch wood now) with anything. Heat mats are very reliable and should last you ages. Same as thermostats. I ordered them brand new.

Default reptiles

I get every thing I need from 888reptiles get it online delivery is free if you spend more than £50

If you want frozen food and don't want to pay for postage and risk it arriving unfrozen then give me a shout i have frozen available for sale from pinkies to large.