Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    its supposed to be Doreen, never seem myself but my friend has but she's on the other side of the road to us.............mind you it could be my mum's ghost going between mine and dad's houses!!
    Oh your so funny i almost laughed there is always one

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Oh your so funny i almost laughed there is always one
    I'm being serious!! I'm only 2 down from you!!

*facepalm*

K as far as I can tell that area was built of farmland around Ormlie Farm

theres no such thing as ghosts lol
    where to she go ?

Can we not have a Ghosts/Spirits thread? Would be very interesting.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    Can we not have a Ghosts/Spirits thread? Would be very interesting.
    Yeah, and while we're at it let's do one on Alien Abductions. Ooh what about Bigfoot Sightings in Rumster Forest?

Ah now every guide and brownie who went to the outdoor centre at rumster believed bigfoot was roaming around! It was all part of the fun! He knocked on the windows at night i tell ye! Or maybe that was whoever was closest to the dorm at the backdoor ha ha!

Default Ghost

I am not sure how I came to be reading the mail but this story is facinating if you are into ghosts.
    Does this spooky image show ghost boy watching builders demolish ...
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Default great picture

unbelievable clear picture wow

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I am not sure how I came to be reading the mail but this story is facinating if you are into ghosts.
    Crikey, my home town.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Default School

Is that your old school?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Default ghosts

Wow thats spooky

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    just the idiots the council house in the bedsit there - they are like poltergists and muntergists - throw things around, break a few things (usually windows and glass panels in doors) and make lots of noise - always in the middle of the night

Phewwww thats ok then, ha ha

oh that photo is too much for me, freakkkyyyyyyy.

From the second comment down on that website:

This is a fake- it's an application for the iphone called 'ghost capture'.
    I have it on my phone with the exact same image as the little boy in the photo!
    Sorry to dissapoint those believers!

Is that your old school?
    No it's not Kev, but I do remember the school.

Wow thats really something. He doesn't look too happy his school is being knocked down.

The nursery i work in is a old victorian building and before it was made into a nursery it was a home for the elderly. Before that it was a house for many families over the decades.

It was only when our new extension was opened for us and i was walking from the staff room to the front landing that leads to the stairs to pre school rooms, tweenie room, baby room and the front door that i noticed how different the two areas of the building felt. The new parts i felt completly alone but in the rest of the corridor that attachs to it i felt the buzz of spirits and did not feel on my own. There is a spiral staircase that goes up to a small attic room upstairs up from the pre school toilets. Next to pre school toilets you have the door leading to toddler 2 and the door leading to the back stairs. I once had the job of closing down toddler 2 and no one mentioned before hand that there was a spirit in the room. I soon knew myself as soon as i entered the room as my eye was drawn to the home corner where i could sense that there was a spirit standing there watching me. I can't see spirits just sense them and can pinpoint exactly where they are(though i would like to develop my gift so that i can) so i did not know who it was. I went about closing the room, tidying and hoovering all the while trying not to pay too much attention to the spirit in the home corner watching me. When i finished i closed the door and walked back up past the spiral staircase where i sensed another one from up the staircase but this one was not looking down. From outside however one day i just happened to look up at where the small attic room is in the building and i could tell there was a spirit watching out the window and knew exactly where he or she was looking out of at the precise moment.

On asking the staff about it i was then told that back when the building was a house a wee boy who lived there with his mother fell down the spiral staircase to his death. His mother used to sit up in the small attic room looking out for him coming home as you can see quite far from up there and to this day she still does. It is that wee boy who is in toddler 2 and though he just watched me he has played alot of tricks on other members of staff by making the clothes hangers suddenly fly of the rail in the home corner and making things float about in the air. He scared one member of staff silly one day with his tricks that she ran out screaming.

The whole nursery is buzzing with spirits but its all quiet ones that don't really want to stick out. But that wee boy just wants to play and he haunts toddler 2.
    Last edited by Vistravi; 28-Feb-10 at 00:17.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by onecalledk View Post
    ghosts occur when there has been trauma usually a violent death for example
    Not necessarily -
    Our family are very practical, down-to-earth - and extremely cynical. However, we do keep an open mind on ghosts based on our own experiences - and for all those who believe in ghosts but always think they are from the dark side and are a result of some evil some reassurance. - And two bedtime stories for you.

Our close neighbour for over 25 years was a lovely old gentleman (and I mean a gentle man). He died peacefully in his sleep at home at the grand age of 88. After he died we all (four of us) separately, and frequently, experienced a presence when we were out in the garden. At the time, none of us were aware that anyone else had also experienced this and it was several months before any of us were aware the others had also experienced the same manifestation.

The old gentleman really loved his garden and at certain times during the day he would walk down his garden and stand at the bottom looking out over the fields. If any of us were in the garden he would always make a point of walking over to the fence for a chat. We believe after he died he continued this habit and once we realised what was apparently happening we always used to greet him in the same way as when he was alive.

Had it just been ourselves we would have dismissed this as a fanciful notion. However, a few years later we were talking to a young man who used to walk his dog along the field path and would frequently stop for a chat with the old gentleman (when he was alive!) - and the dog for a fuss. After the gentleman died he experienced the same manifestation and also his dog would stand at the gate gazing upwards making gentle whimpering noises as though for attention.

My mother as a young girl saw a ghost of a female one night when visiting an old house. She was sharing a bedroom with her sister. My mother woke at about 10pm to see an elderly lady with white hair and carrying a candle looking down at her and her sister. My mother said at the time she felt reassured by this ‘woman’. However, when the figure disappeared through a wall mother started screaming. At the time her mother told her she had just had a bad dream and it was not until several years later her mother eventually told her the truth.

The house where she was staying was half of an old farmhouse. The lady my mother had been staying with had inherited the house from her parents. When she inherited she had the house divided up in to two, opening up a new door in to the room where my mother had slept and bricking up the old one. The lady had explained that she used to sleep in the same room with her sister and every night her mother would look in on them before going to bed herself. Where my mother had seen the figure disappear through the wall was where the old door was. In retrospect my mother believes that two girls sleeping in the same room had triggered protective motherly instincts in the ghost.

So for all of those who believe in them and are frightened - ghosts don’t necessarily mean you harm.

Nightie Night, Sleep Tight

Quote Originally Posted by suzyq View Post
    Not necessarily -
    Our family are very practical, down-to-earth - and extremely cynical. However, we do keep an open mind on ghosts based on our own experiences - and for all those who believe in ghosts but always think they are from the dark side and are a result of some evil some reassurance. - And two bedtime stories for you.

Our close neighbour for over 25 years was a lovely old gentleman (and I mean a gentle man). He died peacefully in his sleep at home at the grand age of 88. After he died we all (four of us) separately, and frequently, experienced a presence when we were out in the garden. At the time, none of us were aware that anyone else had also experienced this and it was several months before any of us were aware the others had also experienced the same manifestation.

The old gentleman really loved his garden and at certain times during the day he would walk down his garden and stand at the bottom looking out over the fields. If any of us were in the garden he would always make a point of walking over to the fence for a chat. We believe after he died he continued this habit and once we realised what was apparently happening we always used to greet him in the same way as when he was alive.

Had it just been ourselves we would have dismissed this as a fanciful notion. However, a few years later we were talking to a young man who used to walk his dog along the field path and would frequently stop for a chat with the old gentleman (when he was alive!) - and the dog for a fuss. After the gentleman died he experienced the same manifestation and also his dog would stand at the gate gazing upwards making gentle whimpering noises as though for attention.

My mother as a young girl saw a ghost of a female one night when visiting an old house. She was sharing a bedroom with her sister. My mother woke at about 10pm to see an elderly lady with white hair and carrying a candle looking down at her and her sister. My mother said at the time she felt reassured by this ‘woman’. However, when the figure disappeared through a wall mother started screaming. At the time her mother told her she had just had a bad dream and it was not until several years later her mother eventually told her the truth.

The house where she was staying was half of an old farmhouse. The lady my mother had been staying with had inherited the house from her parents. When she inherited she had the house divided up in to two, opening up a new door in to the room where my mother had slept and bricking up the old one. The lady had explained that she used to sleep in the same room with her sister and every night her mother would look in on them before going to bed herself. Where my mother had seen the figure disappear through the wall was where the old door was. In retrospect my mother believes that two girls sleeping in the same room had triggered protective motherly instincts in the ghost.

So for all of those who believe in them and are frightened - ghosts don’t necessarily mean you harm.

Nightie Night, Sleep Tight

In the flat i lived in mount vernon one of my neighbours cat was killed on the road coming in to thurso past the cemetry. When he was alive he'd often be at the end of the road leading to the flathouse and follow me back up to the flathouse to get in. I often came home from work at night to find him sitting on the window on our floor. About a week after he had passed over i was passing the wall he usually sat at and i sense him there. He followed me up to the flathouse and i let him in as i had done when he was alive. Sometimes i'd find him at the door to the flathouse wanting in as i did when he was alive. My sister mentioned she had seen him about a few days later and with her comfirmation that it was him i decided to say something to our neighbour who was missing him a great deal. She was delighted when i told her he was still around and thanked me for letting her know he was there.

My dad had a tom cat that would sleep around his head at night. He was run over and kicked about. It broke my dad's heart to see what someone had done to him after he had died. He told me though a while after that, that Leo was still around and still slept at his head every night. The tell tale signs of Leo was the feel of a cat jumping on their bed on my dad's side and my dad waking up feeling very hot around his head. When my dad was a boy his faithful pet dog died but was still there with him at night sleeping on his bed next to him.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast