Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ghosts

Default ghosts

This might sound stupid but has anyone heard of houses being haunted in heathfield road thurso i heard it used to be the grounds of the gallowes years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    This might sound stupid but has anyone heard of houses being haunted in heathfield road thurso i heard it used to be the grounds of the gallowes years ago
    I have now

I think every house in Thurso is haunted. At least every house ive ever been in and ive been in a few in .
    I never heard about Heathfierld Road but not long after the atomics was built there a was rumours of a haunted house in Brims road.

I lived in a house on heathfield road and we had two spirits in the house. One was a lady who would just appear in the garden putting out her washing and the other was a small boy that would cause mischief and wind up my sister something crazy by sucking on sweets very loudly in her ear

Was it not farming land or just have cottages there?
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

its supposed to be Doreen, never seem myself but my friend has but she's on the other side of the road to us.............mind you it could be my mum's ghost going between mine and dad's houses!!
    Last edited by dragonfly; 26-Feb-10 at 22:45.

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber View Post
    I think every house in Thurso is haunted. At least every house ive ever been in and ive been in a few in .
    I never heard about Heathfierld Road but not long after the atomics was built there a was rumours of a haunted house in Brims road.
    I would say that mount vernon is one of the worse areas in thurso for spirits. I used to live there in one of the flats and one of the houses. The house we were in was haunted. It was not a nice house to be with everyone in let alone alone in. The flat i lived in had plenty that followed me to my front door or would hang around the stairs waiting for my sister or myself to come into the flathouse so he could sneak into the house and torment my sister. The beach has a nasty one that sits on the bench just after the salvation army building. He died with a deep hatred. St peters kirk is very badly haunted. My sister will not go anywhere near it as she has the gift stronger than i have it. A friend of mine actually took randam pictures of the inside of the kirk a couple of years ago and the pictures were quite something. They got sent off for analysing by experts in orkney.
    There is a spirit on ellen bridge that repeatly relives his/her sucide. My sister thinks they died about a hundred years or so ago but still relives it to this day. Not to mention the many spirits that walk the victoria walk. I will not describe two of them that are very connected at one point in the walk way. The worse out of the two as far as auros and emotions go had my fearless sister in tears one night the first time she came across them.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    its supposed to be Doreen, never seem myself but my friend has but she's on the other side of the road to us.............mind you it could be my mum's ghost going between mine and dad's houses!!
    Its nice when its one of your parents. My dad walks me home most nights. Always on my right side against the road. He never thought inverness was safe and didn't like me walking in the dark. Hence why he walks me home as soon as i hit ness islands. I can't see him but i know its him as i feel safe then even though i am it would appear on my own to someone else. I am never alone in inverness when walking somewhere at night as he is always there with me.

Growing up we always had spirits in every house we lived in. My mum found out why about 2 years ago now. It is my mum's mum as she was always for boys. i have 4 brothers three that live with my mum. My grandmother is always there around one of my younger brothers as he is austitc. She has also alerted my mum to my youngest brother who was sleeping in such a way one night that made his breathing a little harder. Its partially to do with the fact that my mum can see her that she is around but its very much so because of my brothers.

My sister's in Heathfield Road, and they regularly have bother with a Muntergeist. It's like a Poltergeist but it moans all the time and is very irrational.
    In the 1960's, apparently some Dounreay bloke was done in by his wife, who had bad PMS at the time. With a pair of garden shears. Nasty.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post
    I will not describe two of them that are very connected at one point in the walk way
    Oooo please do! Im curious now

Quote Originally Posted by girnigoe View Post
    Oooo please do! Im curious now
    Just in case my sister is wrong with the timeline of when their death occured i'll pm you instead

There's no such thing as ghosts. Surely someone'd have produced a reasonably high-quality photo by now?

i used to live in a house that was full of spirits. I gave them all away because I am Tee Total
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedtreefrog View Post
    There's no such thing as ghosts. Surely someone'd have produced a reasonably high-quality photo by now?
    You should've seen the pictures that my friend got from just taking randam pictures of the inside of st peters kirk. If ghosts don't excist then i don't know what else that was. He cleaned the lens as well before he took the pictures. He got in touch with a expert and they took copies of the photos to analysis. I can't remember if he told me what they said about it or not.

ohhh Ive got shivers reading this thread.. absolutely fascinating!

Thats it Im not moving to Thurso, LOL.

Has anyone herd of any goolies in the Ormilie Road area ?

Quote Originally Posted by bullielove View Post
    ohhh Ive got shivers reading this thread.. absolutely fascinating!
    Would you like me to pm you another fascinating story about spirits. May put you off going round the victoria walk....

This could be a wonderful thread about the ghosts here in Caithness as they certainly do exist, whether you see them, hear them or feel them.
    Would be wonderful to hear of what experiences other orgers have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Rictina View Post
    Thats it Im not moving to Thurso, LOL.

Has anyone herd of any goolies in the Ormilie Road area ?
    just the idiots the council house in the bedsit there - they are like poltergists and muntergists - throw things around, break a few things (usually windows and glass panels in doors) and make lots of noise - always in the middle of the night

There was something in the Courier years ago about a ghost at Heathfield, but can't remember anything about it. If I come across it I'll post it here...at one point I was considering writing a book on Caithness Ghosts and hauntings

Default ghosts

this thread is really fascinating, ghosts occur when there has been trauma usually a violent death for example and that trauma resonates through time in that particular spot. I was reading that the Causeymire is another place that has been haunted for a long long time with people in the last century not venturing out across there after it got dark.

I have a couple of pictures that were taken when i was younger by my family when we visited Culloden Moor (before the A9 was moved) and the photos are very eerie with the images not easily explained.

Has anyone anymore stories about Thurso? Does anyone know what the town was built on?

K

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast