Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: John William SINCLAIR 1858 & Annie HENDRY 1859

Default John William SINCLAIR 1858 & Annie HENDRY 1859

Hi All,
    Could anyone please help me with the following family:

John William SINCLAIR b1858 Latheron married Annie HENDRY b1859 Halkirk, married 1879 Watten.
    They had a daughter Helen SINCLAIR born sometime between 1883 and 1890. Helen married Benjamin HENDERSON in 1918 in Bower and then married David BREMNER in 1922 in Thurso.
    However Helen also had several children either before during or after these marriages and it is the following children that I am looking for.

Janet "Tiddy" SINCLAIR
    David SINCLAIR
    John "Jock" SINCLAIR
    Annie SINCLAIR
    James "Hamish" SINCLAIR
    "Bina" SINCLAIR
    William SINCLAIR died at age 36 of leukemia

Does anyone know of any of the birth or death dates for any of these family members? I am assuming that as they are SINCLAIR by name that they were perhaps born before Helen's first marriage or between her two marriages. Her first husband Benjamin died the same year as they were married in 1918.

Any info at all would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by weewend View Post
    Hi All,
    Could anyone please help me with the following family:

John William SINCLAIR b1858 Latheron married Annie HENDRY b1859 Halkirk, married 1879 Watten.
    They had a daughter Helen SINCLAIR born sometime between 1883 and 1890. Helen married Benjamin HENDERSON in 1918 in Bower and then married David BREMNER in 1922 in Thurso.
    However Helen also had several children either before during or after these marriages and it is the following children that I am looking for.

Janet "Tiddy" SINCLAIR
    David SINCLAIR
    John "Jock" SINCLAIR
    Annie SINCLAIR
    James "Hamish" SINCLAIR
    "Bina" SINCLAIR
    William SINCLAIR died at age 36 of leukemia

Does anyone know of any of the birth or death dates for any of these family members? I am assuming that as they are SINCLAIR by name that they were perhaps born before Helen's first marriage or between her two marriages. Her first husband Benjamin died the same year as they were married in 1918.

Any info at all would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks
    Wendy
    At the moment, can't help much with your line..........but I have, in mine.....my great aunt, Helen Sinclair who married in 1906, David Swanson Sinclair, both of Auchengills, Thurso. David's parents were John William Sinclair and Annie Hendry while Helen's were John Sinclair and Margaret Mowat.

Not got any further with that atm, I'm afraid, though I will get there eventually........ though the marriage certificate does have Annie Hendry dead before May 1906.

Default Helen's birth year

She was 31 when she married David Bremner in 1922. So Birth had to be be 1890-1891.

I have a copy of their marriage certificate. David Bremner was 44 and was born Feb 7 1878 at Lochend in Dunnet as David Campbell or Bremner. I have a copy of his birth record as well.

Mamie

Default John William SINCLAIR/Annie HENDRY

Hello Wendy,
    Do you know who Annie Hendry's parents were?

My line is Hendry so I am interested in any Hendry's.

Regards,
    Isabel,
    Australia

Hi Wendy,
    Helen was my gr grandmother, known as Nellie, her son Jock was my grandfather. She was born 30th September 1890 Halkirk and died in Inverness 10th Jan 1976. Jock (John Donald MacKay Sinclair) was born 19th Sept 1913 Upper Ackergill Died 18th July 1977 Carluke.
    Patsy