Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aerial Photography with Radio-Controlled Aircraft

Barry - I've just had a look at your latest postings on your flickr page. I'm impressed. I can see a wee business really lifting off here, (pardon the pun )
    I'm sure there are a lot of home owners out there who would like a photo like those, of their home; it's certainly different and unique.
    The best of luck to you.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Thanks very much Gronnuck. I do hope theres a sniff of opportunity. Im not quite ready to begin advertising as yet, but its nearly there.
    I need a few ideas for places to photograph in Caithness for demonstration purposes.
    Camster cairns???

Where else would show off the capabilities best???

Last edited by Even Chance; 10-Mar-10 at 16:09.

Last edited by Even Chance; 23-Mar-10 at 14:32.

Thats it, I can get the photos to appear here now.
    Last edited by Even Chance; 23-Mar-10 at 14:33.

Barry - I can't help you with your uploading problem but I've had a look at your flickr photos'. That picture of Noss Head Lighthouse is a cracker - well done.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Cheers Gronnuck.
    I was up early yesterday morning and got a few nice shots in before the wind picked up. Just uploaded more to flickr.
    Staxigoe, Riverside in Wick and pics taken of Wick from the Trinkie car park.( well 500ft above it anyway!!)

I see loads of the experts with their photos appearing on their posts, and I wanted to try it out in case some folks didnt click on my Flickr link to see my pics.

Glad someone likes my pics. I just wish I could haul a DSLR up in such a compact plane.

Barry

The shot of Noss Head lighthouse is a cracker, amazing what you can see from above.

Have you considered one of the Olympus 4/3 DSLR cameras, they are quite small and have interchangeable lenses. They usually receive a good write up in the reviews.

See here for more info. http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/dslr_6749.htm

nirofo.

The Olympus 420 weighs 400grams without a lens. Thats a wee bit too much for what im after really, and its the smallest of the bunch!
    The one I was looking at was the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. It weighs 385grams including the lens, and I can power it from the aircrafts drive battery further reducing the weight.
    see here- http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...trackInfo=true

Basically anything in between the GF1 and the FS15 Im currently using would do nicely. If I did go for a larger aircraft to lift up a DSLR, I would probably go for having a seperate camera operator as well.
    The current rig is better for its ability to use smaller spaces to take-off and land. It weighs 1.1Kg ready to fly. The FS15 Im using weighs 135 grams including its 1 cell battery. Its limitations appear to be the lens used. I had an old 3.2Mp lumix years ago that had a bigger lens and its photos were fantastic.

Hi all,
    I am now good to go as a commission basis Aerial Photographer.
    I have just uploaded some recent pics onto my Flickr page-
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/48127961@N08/

Mail me at caithnessaerialpics@gmail.com

Hope you like,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12