Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant aged 11

Default Pregnant aged 11

An 11 year old school girl pregnant, i was horrified to read this. Even more so by her idiotic mothers reaction she is delighted and proud of her wee girl,there are many feelings a parent would have if their 11 year old daughter was pregnant and it sure is'nt PROUD.
    Shock, angry, ashamed and distraught would be the normal reaction, i feel disgusted her mother is "beaming with pride".They don't seem to think there is anything wrong in becoming pregnant at such a horrifyingly young age.
    She is far too young physically and mentally to cope with the responsibility of having a baby.
    Last week some of you gave your views on the pregnant 63 year old, how do you feel about the latest to hit the headlines?.

My first thoughts are from one extreme to another! God forbid any of my children would fall pregnant at such an imature age I would be horrified not proud.I wonder if this mother has ever sat down and had a conversation with her daughter about the facts of life, then again maybe she will blame it on the schools and the lack of sex education as a lot of people seem to do.As part of being a responsible parent I think we have to educate our children to the best we can in these areas and then hope they have taken on board all that we have said . My goodness the nappy marks must still be visible on this girls own backside......maybe the mother of this child is looking foorward to four hourly feeds and teething and everything else that comes along with the new baby as I am sure she is going to have to help out in a major way.....or maybe that too will be left to the state...?

I my self think that is a disgrace that this could of happened. At the age of 11 she is still a child herself and the boyfriend is only 15 and i hear he is getting charged. So how can the mother be happy. I blame the parents.

It's a disgrace right enough but I don't think blaming lack of sex education applies in this day and age.
    The kid should be put into care and the mother should be locked up preferably in a secure mental hospital.

I feel a rant coming on! What I find incredible is that this girl got preganant on a "drunken one night stand"! How the hell can a parent allow a child to get drunk at that age obviously she's unsupervised.Parents should be done for neglect.My cousin goes to a school in Inverness and out of his year (6th),of 170 pupils,11 are pregnant and 3 are having their second child!

I can only imagine how I would feel if my 11 year old daughter was pregnant, but if she was, I would need to do everything possible to protect her from the finger pointing an event like this will create.
    We live in a world where most of us are protected from some of the shocking stories we see and read about every day of our lives. However, not everybody is as fortunate. Some 11 year old children will have been sexually abused by their fathers or mothers or uncles or neighbours long before they reach the age of puberty. The nature of such human activity means that this type of thing could be happening next door to any of us.
    Shock and horror is an automatic reaction to such events, but I wonder how much we as individuals could do to help change it?
    I think it was sassylass who posted something on caithness.org many years ago about how we could all be doing more to look out for other peoples children as well as our own. Making contact with children is not easy, particularly if they have difficulty making contact in the home. I know this from personal experience, both as a child and as a father.
    I have discovered though, that kids are crying out for authentic contact with people who wont judge them, but its not easy for us as adults not to make judgements about kids pretty quick. That's a problem, because children always have their antenna out, looking for signs of both rejection and support from the outside world.
    I've told my 12 year old daughter how most young boys think and thats all I can do but theres something odd about the sexual encounters of young boys and young girls that has always intrigued me. Young boys are often treated with a certain regard about the number of conquests they will boast about, but young girls are seen as something shameful if they succumb to what is after all quite natural.
    I'm not sure what the answer is to some of the stuff happening amongst the younger generation but what I am sure about is, most of the solution probably lies within me.

I can't believe that her mother claims to be proud of the fact that her child is drinking, smoking, and having underage sex. It's parenting like this, that condones stupid behaviour, and will result in a society of dysfunctional adults.

Cool

Its a shame for the wee girl to be in this condition, shes only a wee girl herself & for her to be having a baby is absolutely tragic. Its not the end of the world, but I still think its such a shame

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly
    I can't believe that her mother claims to be proud of the fact that her child is drinking, smoking, and having underage sex. It's parenting like this, that condones stupid behaviour, and will result in a society of dysfunctional adults.
    A society of dysfuntional adults whos only pleasure in life is getting drunk watching big brother or pop idol and not giving a damn what their kids are doing.

Thumbs down

It saddens me to think what kind of upbringing this girl has had. An 11 year old child, having a drunken night out with friends, surely indicates there is something far wrong at home. Imo this lack of care and guidance amounts to child abuse. Why is this girl still in the care of parents, who let her smoke, drink and have sex?
    The mother is proud of her child, but she should be ashamed of herself for allowing this to happen and I think she is the wrong person to be bringing up this new baby.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    A society of dysfuntional adults whos only pleasure in life is getting drunk watching big brother or pop idol and not giving a damn what their kids are doing.
    To true you are spot on what your are saying.
    Not all chillies are hot but do not be deceived

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    It saddens me to think what kind of upbringing this girl has had. An 11 year old child, having a drunken night out with friends, surely indicates there is something far wrong at home. Imo this lack of care and guidance amounts to child abuse. Why is this girl still in the care of parents, who let her smoke, drink and have sex?
    The mother is proud of her child, but she should be ashamed of herself for allowing this to happen and I think she is the wrong person to be bringing up this new baby.
    The mother and father are split up this girl is the oldest of 6, she also smokes 20 roll ups a day,who pays for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillie
    The mother and father are split up this girl is the oldest of 6, she also smokes 20 roll ups a day,who pays for that.
    we the working people pay for it lol, just like we have to pay for ever other layabout
    The man who views the world at fifty,
    the same as he did at twenty,
    has wasted thirty years of his life.

i have gone and read the article before i wrote on this one..
    for obvious reasons i am horrified..
    in the article it says that she began smoking at 9 and drinking at 10
    and now is smoking 20 fags a day.
    and in her 8 mnth of preg. the mother has been quoted on saying that she is proud of her for going thru with the preg. and not having it terminated as the social worker adviced.
    i do not personally belive in abortion.. and as long as the poor babe is healthy.. let it be born.. but i do not think that either this child or its mother should be left to care for the baby..
    as neither of them seem to be fit.

on another note the worlds known youngest mother gave birt at 5 years and 8 mnths.
    you can look the details up on wickpedia her name is Lina Medina
    but as the details show a nude pic of her at 7 1/2 mnths preg. did not want to risk posting the link
    i remember a case from when i was youger of a 9 year old who had been repeatedly raped by an uncle having a baby.
    Last edited by brandy; 14-May-06 at 11:44.
    http://itqueries.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sam
    we the working people pay for it lol, just like we have to pay for ever other layabout

Why do you think it is funny that the working people pay for it , how can an 11year old child be classed as a layabout.

Quote Originally Posted by brandy
    i remember a case from when i was youger of a 9 year old who had been repeatedly raped by an uncle having a baby.
    This must be a worlds first a man having a baby

Why do you think it is funny that the working people pay for it , how can an 11year old child be classed as a layabout.
    i didnt say the 11 year old, i was talking about the parents,as for the quote about layabouts i was stating a fact that there are plenty of them about

This must be a worlds first a man having a baby
    glad you find that amusing, its obvious to sensible people what brandy was reffering to

Quote Originally Posted by sam
    glad you find that amusing, its obvious to sensible people what brandy was reffering to
    Sunday morning grump! go watch some Laurel and Hardy

Sunday morning grump! go watch some Laurel and Hardy
    why dont you go and grow up or find the kids forum where you would be better suited

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast