Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: drink v drugs saftey question

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • in a club would u feel safer with a bunch of drunken yobs

9 9.09%
  • in a club would u feel safer with a bunch of stoners

36 36.36%
  • in a club would you feel safer where no one abused either drink or drugs

54 54.55%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: drink or drugs which is worst/Caithness drug dealers - merged threads

Quote Originally Posted by sandyr1 View Post
    Statistics show that the costs of rehabilitating...looking after alcoholics... far outweighs the the revenue the Gov't makes from the sales......and why legalize/ decriminalize another drug.
    I've looked at the statistics for the UK and they are a joke, deliberately skewed. They only take into account direct revenue from taxation, excise duty and VAT, while ignoring all the indirect benefits like over a million full time jobs created by the drinks industry. On the other hand they calculate the costs to the health service on anything drink related not drink caused.

Even then the income from alcohol revenue far exceeds the costs to the health services. To make the cost of drinking exceed income from revenue they have to include a lot of other factors, days work lost due to hangovers, the costs to the criminal justice system, anything they can find even remotely connected to alcohol.

This keeps the temperance brigade happy and also keeps the politicians happy, they have an excuse to raise taxes on alcohol before retiring to the House of Commons bar for a few Johnny Walkers.

The numbers are all here if you want to check them.

http://www.ias.org.uk/resources/fact...s_benefits.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    why wot do u know, we dont ,u dont get drug dealers randomley hassling people , i see no harm in it if theres no minors involved ,in most cases its people buying of close mates i see no harm in smoking pot everyone to there own i guess ,its the goverment who should be hanged for allowing drink to be legal and not weed when every day u read about drinkers killing each other people killing themselves starting fights we random strangers aggessive behavior ,glassing knifing people ,drink changes people for the worst thats why i dont drink i realised that but unfortunaltley its everywhere adverts steet corners shops no wonder kids are changing for the worst im 28 , im going to start a poll infact
    You should go to jail ASAP and don't start your filthy poll here inciting people to break the law

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    I don't think you'd have a night club full of stoners. How would the proprietor pay for staff and heating costs etc? Also it wouldn't be much craic, would it?
    The music probably wouldn't be up to much either.
    How about a nightclub where the police crash through the wall and cart everyone off to jail (after helping them down the stairs first of course) I'd vote for that.

There is absolutely nowhere in the world that illegal drugs have done any good. It just feeds on itself and puts money in the pockets of gangsters

funny how you have worded this very much in favour of drugs.........

you thread title said drink/drugs.
    so i'm going to treat this as all drugs and say i'd rather be in a club full of drunks.

no one has died of cannabis?
    i think not, by time you add up the one's who have jumped in a car after taking etc....
    i think you'll find you are very wrong there.
    coupled with the paranoia its proven to cause, there are many instances of domestic abuse etc.
    the damage prolonged use can cause to the body (a friend suffered multiple organ failure and now has a pacemaker)

i'm not saying alcohols all that either,
    i worked in a bar for 8 years so i've seen some nasty sights, glass attack
    and some dramatic changes in character,
    (before you say it i know as above, this also causes paranoia and instances of domestic abuse)
    but the bar person "should" be in control of how much alcohol they get.
    it is illegal to serve alcohol to a drunk person!

but all in all

as you ask

i'd prefer the club full of drunks.
    i personally will NEVER condone the use of drugs.
    my choice.

tubs i quite agree!
    it wouldn't be much crack, would it?
    The music wouldn't be up to much either! lol
    Last edited by annemarie482; 24-Feb-10 at 09:38.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

i think that every druggy should be pressed into military service.. and given at least a 4 year sentence *grins*
    http://itqueries.com/

I, too, think that every abuser of alcohol should receive military service and an 8 year sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    i think that every druggy should be pressed into military service.. and given at least a 4 year sentence *grins*
    You wouldn't want these dregs in the armed services

oh yes i would because they wouold be whipped into to shape so fast it would make your head spin.. the military is not a kind happy place
    http://itqueries.com/

I dunno, I'd quite enjoy listening to Dark Side Of The Moon ten times in a night

Neither is "safe" anything that alters our perception of things can cause serious problems.IMO I would rather be with someone a little bit drunk than a little bit stoned but as I said thats just my opinion x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    just curious for this poll as why cannabiss is illegal when no living sole has ever overdosed and died .but drink gie how long u got and ats just folk i ken
    It causes paranoia and schizophrenia. apparently it is more dangerous as it effects to the brain than heroin.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Extra option added to poll to balance things out.

They might not turn out to be dregs if tjhey could get them off the weed/drink. Who knows what gems lie beneath the poor befuddled brain fog!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    The Polis seem to be getting on top of the illegal drugs problem in our County at long last.
    What's the general feeling on appropriate punishment for those who choose to pollute our County with such stuff?
    If only......in an ideal world.........

Default Gone

I personally would shoot dead all drug pushers/users/suppliers

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    They might not turn out to be dregs if tjhey could get them off the weed/drink. Who knows what gems lie beneath the poor befuddled brain fog!
    If RELAX has his way we definitely won't find out

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Extra option added to poll to balance things out.

Worst club ever...

Is it the Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Neither is "safe" anything that alters our perception of things can cause serious problems.IMO I would rather be with someone a little bit drunk than a little bit stoned but as I said thats just my opinion x
    Im with you on this one, so its my opinion also.

Quote Originally Posted by annemarie482 View Post
    funny how you have worded this very much in favour of drugs.........

you thread title said drink/drugs.
    so i'm going to treat this as all drugs and say i'd rather be in a club full of drunks.

no one has died of cannabis?
    i think not, by time you add up the one's who have jumped in a car after taking etc....
    i think you'll find you are very wrong there.
    coupled with the paranoia its proven to cause, there are many instances of domestic abuse etc.
    the damage prolonged use can cause to the body (a friend suffered multiple organ failure and now has a pacemaker)

i'm not saying alcohols all that either,
    i worked in a bar for 8 years so i've seen some nasty sights, glass attack
    and some dramatic changes in character,
    (before you say it i know as above, this also causes paranoia and instances of domestic abuse)
    but the bar person "should" be in control of how much alcohol they get.
    it is illegal to serve alcohol to a drunk person!

but all in all

as you ask

i'd prefer the club full of drunks.
    i personally will NEVER condone the use of drugs.
    my choice.

tubs i quite agree!
    it wouldn't be much crack, would it?
    The music wouldn't be up to much either! lol

I agree.

Alcohol is a drug in itself that is with out debate.

Illegal drugs are illegal for a reason. I do not care if the orginal poster is all for cannibis, to me there is a reason why it is not legal and i personally would never feel safe around anyone of illegal drugs. I've never felt the need to experiment with them as a teenager as it is a fool hardy thing to do just like all the other substance abuse that some teenagers indulge in.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

I'd like to see a valid argument for legalising canabis, that does not include references to alchohol.

They are two seperate things, so why use the fact that one is legal to try to validate the legalising of the other?
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast