Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: drink v drugs saftey question

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • in a club would u feel safer with a bunch of drunken yobs

9 9.09%
  • in a club would u feel safer with a bunch of stoners

36 36.36%
  • in a club would you feel safer where no one abused either drink or drugs

54 54.55%
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: drink or drugs which is worst/Caithness drug dealers - merged threads

Default drink or drugs which is worst/Caithness drug dealers - merged threads

The Polis seem to be getting on top of the illegal drugs problem in our County at long last.
    What's the general feeling on appropriate punishment for those who choose to pollute our County with such stuff?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

From what I've seen they are getting on top of the easy catches that aren't doing much harm and leaving the more serious criminals alone. All for their stats and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    The Polis seem to be getting on top of the illegal drugs problem in our County at long last.
    What's the general feeling on appropriate punishment for those who choose to pollute our County with such stuff?
    Send 'em to jail forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    From what I've seen they are getting on top of the easy catches that aren't doing much harm and leaving the more serious criminals alone. All for their stats and nothing else.

Area Commander Andy Brown was certainly doing something about them, but they soon got rid of him!

Also there is a demand. Not saying it is right but there always will be a demand. If we get rid of the small scale local dealers we will get the organised crime gangs take their place. If you want organised crime and guns then continue going after the small fry. I know which I would rather have.
    Also it seems they can't get rid of the more serious criminals, especially in Wick with all the intimidation of witnesses. This is why they go after the smaller, less troublesome people. TBH most of the people they have caught recently were causing no real trouble (again from what I have seen, I am not one of those people who runs to the newsagent every wed/fri and sticks my nose in the courts section).

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    Area Commander Andy Brown was certainly doing something about them, but they soon got rid of him!
    Oh Christ, not another conspiracy...

Jail them and make them go cold turkey. But also agree the police must go after the big fry. Drug dealing is a multi billion enterprise in the U.K. There must be collusion in the top echelons of the so called elite that never gets caught to allow this to continue.

Oh Christ, not another conspiracy...
    I never said anything about a "conspiracy." What an orderly world you live in, where everything is as you are told it is on the BBC, or in the newspapers, and no one ever has any motive for anything, except what is allowed under the officially-sanctioned conspiracy theory, of course.

"Money talks," Tub. I heard that somewhere. Quite an old saying I think you'll find.

Money only talks it there is lots and lots and lots of it - who do you know up here as what has that sort of money?
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I never said anything about a "conspiracy." What an orderly world you live in, where everything is as you are told it is on the BBC, or in the newspapers, and no one ever has any motive for anything, except what is allowed under the officially-sanctioned conspiracy theory, of course. "Money talks," Tub. I heard that somewhere. Quite an old saying I think you'll find.
    And what a thoroughly entertaining world you live in Stavros, with everything in doubt except what you actually see and feel yourself. Money talks, I believe it probably does, and the very fact that you're on this here computer broadband thing shows you have some, and therefore are a willing participant in the great conspiracy!
    Welcome my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    Money only talks it there is lots and lots and lots of it - who do you know up here as what has that sort of money?
    I'm not allowed to say that.

... Welcome my friend!
    Very good.

I'm not allowed to say that.
    What, in case they get you?

Wink

why wot do u know, we dont ,u dont get drug dealers randomley hassling people , i see no harm in it if theres no minors involved ,in most cases its people buying of close mates i see no harm in smoking pot everyone to there own i guess ,its the goverment who should be hanged for allowing drink to be legal and not weed when every day u read about drinkers killing each other people killing themselves starting fights we random strangers aggessive behavior ,glassing knifing people ,drink changes people for the worst thats why i dont drink i realised that but unfortunaltley its everywhere adverts steet corners shops no wonder kids are changing for the worst im 28 , im going to start a poll infact

Default drink / drugs which is worst be truthfull where youd feel safer

would u prefer a nightclub full of blind drunks slevering crap

or a night club full of stoners lying back enyoing themselves sensibly

just curious for this poll as why cannabiss is illegal when no living sole has ever overdosed and died .but drink gie how long u got and ats just folk i ken

Statistics show that the costs of rehabilitating...looking after alcoholics... far outweighs the the revenue the Gov't makes from the sales......and why legalize/ decriminalize another drug.
    Just doesn't make sense...yes Countries have attempted to de-criminalize it but then how can you legally buy it??? Just tooooo complicated....
    I hate to challenge your theory about the kids and the knifings etc...not true......So... to each his/her own!
    Last edited by sandyr1; 24-Feb-10 at 04:39. Reason: extra word

Quite ridiculous to criminalise people for enjoying such a natural substance.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    just curious for this poll as why cannabiss is illegal when no living sole has ever overdosed and died .but drink gie how long u got and ats just folk i ken
    Just wish I could understand the second sentence!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

I don't think you'd have a night club full of stoners. How would the proprietor pay for staff and heating costs etc? Also it wouldn't be much craic, would it?
    The music probably wouldn't be up to much either.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast