Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Movie Remakes

Default Movie Remakes

With so many 80's films being remade currently, what does everyone think? are they a good idea to let new generations enjoy films we enjoyed in our youth or are they just an easy way to make some extra cash for the studios.
    What films should never be remade and which films would benefit from a new perspective?

They should definitely never remake back to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by retrodj View Post
    are they a good idea to let new generations enjoy films we enjoyed in our youth or are they just an easy way to make some extra cash for the studios.

I think your right on both counts, Of course their money spinners Because we'll go and see them aswell. But can you imagine showing a youth a old version of a Bela Lugosi film they would be wondering where all the blood and special effects were.

Ive now heard they are remaking police academy..

Yer heard that on here,

http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog...-the-kids.html

Film's like clash of the titans yes, but god no to police academy there were enough sequels to ruin what was a funny film first two.

i HATE these's remake films can never beat the classics grrrrrr

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

although i cant think at this moment what ones ,but there have been remakes better than originals,although still unsure bout the a team remake
    where to she go ?