Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Nato strike kills a number of Afghanistan civilians

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    From thread http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...696#post707696

I just hope that the deaths of 464 UK troops and the thousands of civilians killed in Afghanistan & Iraq are not celebrated in the manner above in 40 years time.
    Be honest Anfield; you've got absolutly no idea what I'm on about and it ain't nothing to do with your usual mocking..

Ref your; "Imitation is the best form of flattery" you even got that wrong; delete 'best' insert 'sincerest' [Coined by Charles Caleb Colton in 1820 in his 'Lacon']
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Go on home British soldiers, go on home

Quote Originally Posted by Wickbhoy View Post
    Don't you mean 'come on home' not 'go' on home - you're in Wick? bit confused there!!
    Your previous posts:

'BNP'
    'Racism'
    'fascist propaganda knuckle-dragging morons'
    'The only people who can rip-off tax payers are elected MPs - Keep apologising for fascism'
    All sounds so familiar?

Think you should take your own advice:
    "You're(sic) replies are pointless and poorly thought out anyway"

Sorry, fail to see the point of going through some of my previous posts? Can you explain why you did that?

Sorry, fail to see the point of going through some of my previous posts? Can you explain why you did that?
    It gets better than that, pretty soon he will be asking to know where you live.
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

It gets better than that, pretty soon he will be asking to know where you live.
    Duh - he's in Wick, maybe if you tried really, really hard you might have worked that out

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Duh - he's in Wick, maybe if you tried really, really hard you might have worked that out
    This one comes to mind :

What's the difference between a Scouser and a coconut?
    One's thick and hairy, and the other's a coconut.

Q. If you see a Scouser on a bicycle, why should you never swerve to hit him?
    A: It might be your bicycle

"The total for Afghan is 285 killed" no it ain't it's 225 due to hostile action and it's 113 in Iraq to Hostile, not his 179, you MUST try to get your fact correct Anfield..

I hate to say this Bekisman but my facts (and figures) are correct;
    As you doubt the BBC figures, I enclose the official MOD statistics,

"It is with very deep regret that the Ministry of Defence has confirmed the following fatalities suffered during operations in Afghanistan.

As at 9 May 2010, a total of 285 British forces personnel or MOD civilians have died while serving in Afghanistan since the start of operations in October 2001..
    http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Fa...Fatalities.htm
    and for Iraq
    http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Fa...Fatalities.htm

I will pre-empt your inevitable reply, by saying that to me it does not matter whether these people were killed by enemy fire, road accidents, friendly fire, collateral damage, negligence or whatever the new "buzz word" for non combat death that allows 37% (Iraq) & 21% Afghanistan of its troops to be killed is, the fact remains that 285 UK service personnel died in Afghanistan and 179 in Iraq not to mention a massive amount of civilians.

Still waiting to hear from you on how your version of mortaility rate is considerably less than MOD on this post

Wick, is that the best you can do? your B&Q guy cant do a search based on these co-ordinates.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade

Still waiting to hear from you on how your version of mortaility rate is considerably less than MOD on this post

Wick, is that the best you can do? your B&Q guy cant do a search based on these co-ordinates.
    You gave deaths by accident - these happen everywhere, so in substance your figures were WRONG old chap
    Oh dear B&Q - what's this, bringing Mrs Beks into it now are we? worried about a bloke (that's me) so try and ridicule my wife.. hmmm says a lot that does...

You gave deaths by accident - these happen everywhere, so in substance your figures were WRONG old chap
    Oh dear B&Q - what's this, bringing Mrs Beks into it now are we? worried about a bloke (that's me) so try and ridicule my wife.. hmmm says a lot that does...
    So if you die in an accident, you dont count? Try telling that to the loved ones of these "accident" cases

"B&Q, Mrs Becks" , what are you on about?
    My post said stated "..your B&Q guy cant do a search based on these co-ordinates.."

So have you entered into a civil partnership with one of your ex-military chums?

So if you die in an accident, you dont count? Try telling that to the loved ones of these "accident" cases

"B&Q, Mrs Becks" , what are you on about?
    My post said stated "..your B&Q guy cant do a search based on these co-ordinates.."

So have you entered into a civil partnership with one of your ex-military chums?
    You know full well I'd earlier posted about Mrs Beks and her B&Q card - and you know that even earlier I had posted about the B&Q chap not finding our place up here - so pretty damn obvious (to most people) that would be..
    You must calm down Anfield, you're getting too excited..
    A bit of military discipline is what you need - anyway, apart from that, let's have YOUR details of personal charity-raising

You know full well I'd earlier posted about Mrs Beks and her B&Q card - and you know that even earlier I had posted about the B&Q chap not finding our place up here - so pretty damn obvious (to most people) that would be..
    You must calm down Anfield, you're getting too excited..
    A bit of military discipline is what you need - anyway, apart from that, let's have YOUR details of personal charity-raising
    What the (4 letter word which I am not allowed to mention) are you talking about?, B&Q card/B&Q chap.

Have you been to Portgower?

And what has my "personal charity raising" got to do with this thread?

I would have THOUGHT that that a personage of Anfield's standing and financial genius could start an entire website on the strength of his charitable activities
    Last edited by Andfield; 18-May-10 at 14:38.

Where is your patriotism? It certainly must not be with the British troops. Is it with the Islamic Muslims who are dedicated to taking over the whole world? They already have a good foothold in London and in many major cities in the USA. You can read about it in their Koran.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by oldmarine View Post
    Where is your patriotism? It certainly must not be with the British troops. Is it with the Islamic Muslims who are dedicated to taking over the whole world? They already have a good foothold in London and in many major cities in the USA. You can read about it in their Koran.

Forget patriotism, my heart is firmly with the working-class, worldwide. British troops have invaded, murdered and maimed in the name of empire for centuries, including the ethnic cleansing of the Scottish Highlands.

I feel sorry for the families of troops and the fact that young working-class men and women will go to their deaths fighting for the rich to get richer.

As for the 'Islamic Muslims', I wasn't aware of any other type of muslim. My sympathies are with the people of Afghanistan and Iraq as they are confronted by daily death and destruction from an invading foreign aggressor.

Also you cannot have patriotism for muslims as Islam is not a nation it is a religion.

You can read a lot of things in all holy books, as for footholds in cities I do not know what you mean by that, we are and always have been a multi-cultural and multi-faith world. I'm sure muslims use the org and for me the tone of your post is verging on the aggressive against muslims.

Forget patriotism, my heart is firmly with the working-class, worldwide. British troops have invaded, murdered and maimed in the name of empire for centuries, including the ethnic cleansing of the Scottish Highlands.

I feel sorry for the families of troops and the fact that young working-class men and women will go to their deaths fighting for the rich to get richer.

As for the 'Islamic Muslims', I wasn't aware of any other type of muslim. My sympathies are with the people of Afghanistan and Iraq as they are confronted by daily death and destruction from an invading foreign aggressor.

Also you cannot have patriotism for muslims as Islam is not a nation it is a religion.

You can read a lot of things in all holy books, as for footholds in cities I do not know what you mean by that, we are and always have been a multi-cultural and multi-faith world. I'm sure muslims use the org and for me the tone of your post is verging on the aggressive against muslims.
    If you don't like your colours .. seek another flag.

[quote=Wickbhoy;708311] including the ethnic cleansing of the Scottish Highlands.

quote]

Ethnic cleansing of the Scottish Highlands ??

And here was me thinking the whole debacle was a religeous thing with as many clansman on the Gubberment side (Proddies) as there were on the side of The Young Pretender whose plan was to make the whole country (Englandshire included) into Kaflics.
    Are you saying that Cumberland's mob got stuck into the Highlanders irrespective of which side they had supported ?

The British Empire 'got stuck into' anyone who didn't tow their line. the laws passed was an attempt to destroy the Highland culture, anyone breaking them could be transported or worse.

As for Cumberland, he gave no mercy to anyone sympathetic to the Jacobite cause, which was the vast majority of the Highalnds. Of course he didn't kill the Highlanders who sided with him, but those that didn't were seen as another, 'less British' race.

Don't think that Bonnie Prince Charlie intended turning everyone Catholic, just wanted the power of what he felt was rightfully his, the throne.

Why use terms like 'Proddies and Kaflicks', what is wrong with using the correct names for Protestants and Catholics?

[quote=Andfield;708341][quote=Ethnic cleansing of the Scottish Highlands ??
    And here was me thinking the whole debacle was a religious thing with as many clansman on the Gubberment side (Proddies) as there were on the side of The Young Pretender whose plan was to make the whole country (Englandshire included) into Kaflics.
    Are you saying that Cumberland's mob got stuck into the Highlanders irrespective of which side they had supported ?[/quote]

Sorry Andfield, the Ethnic cleansing of the Highlands had nothing to do about religion, far from it.
    It was purely to teach the Highlanders and clansmen a lesson they would never forget.
    In 1746 the Engelander and Lowlander Scots were so afraid of the Highlander they brought in the Act Of Proscription, banning the wearing of the Tartan, carrying arms or even owning a Gaelic Bible, punishment could be Jail,Transportation or Death.
    This act was repealed in 1822, because George the 4th came to Scotland, he was persuaded by Sir Walter Scott to come wearing a Kilt, but the big jessie that he was, he wore pink tights
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Thanks for that bit of info Golach, it puts a different perspective on the situation.