Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Nato strike kills a number of Afghanistan civilians

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Well said!
    Not quite. We have no say in where the government spends the taxation revenue - that is entirely their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    Not quite. We have no say in where the government spends the taxation revenue - that is entirely their decision.

You could try this:?
    "A University lecturer faces a visit from the bailiffs for refusing to pay what she calls government "war tax".Dr Birgit Vollm, a 38-year-old psychiatrist at Manchester University, has been hauled before a court for failing to hand over income tax from freelance work. She claims 10 per cent of her taxes go on military spending, and as a pacifist she should not have to pay."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/74/74890_war_tax_protest_lecturer_faces_the_bailiffs. html
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

You could try this:?
    "A University lecturer faces a visit from the bailiffs for refusing to pay what she calls government "war tax".Dr Birgit Vollm, a 38-year-old psychiatrist at Manchester University, has been hauled before a court for failing to hand over income tax from freelance work. She claims 10 per cent of her taxes go on military spending, and as a pacifist she should not have to pay."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/74/74890_war_tax_protest_lecturer_faces_the_bailiffs. html
    Well I agree with her. To spend our tax money keeping her warm, dry and well fed in prison seems to me to be a much better usage of the money than killing and maiming human beings and animals in Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    Well I agree with her. To spend our tax money keeping her warm, dry and well fed in prison seems to me to be a much better usage of the money than killing and maiming human beings and animals in Afghanistan.
    Well man, do the decent thing and make the stand!
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject - Winston Spencer Churchill

Sorry to try and bring this thread back on track, but I do not think that people looking at this thread really want to know what members had for tea.

We have discussed in detail the number of UK Soldier deaths, and the thousands of civillians killed in this carnage.

One group of people who do seem to be overlooked when we have discussed deaths, are the rest of the Nato countries.

As of March 3, 2010, there have been 1,599 coalition deaths in Afghanistan as part of ongoing coalition operation since theI illegal invasion in 2001

In addition to these deaths in Afghanistan, another 28 U.S. and one Canadian soldier were killed in other countries while supporting operations in Afghanistan. Also, 62 Spanish soldiers returning from Afghanistan died in Turkey on May 26, 2003, when their plane crashed.
    ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coaliti...in_Afghanistan )
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Question

I wonder just how many Afghan civilians have died as a result of their own suicide bombers?
    anyone got any numbers on that?
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    I wonder just how many Afghan civilians have died as a result of their own suicide bombers?
    anyone got any numbers on that?
    There were no suicide bombings before we invaded, there had only been one suicide bombing in the history of Afghanistan till we invaded.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Did you ever have a discussion with a paedophile? I have, back in the early days of the internet we didn't have these fancy web forums, forums were just like emails sent to a lot of people, they were totally unregulated, totally anonymous and there were plenty of paedophiles about on it.
    I've just really noticed this one Fred, I most certainly hope you reported this to the Police at that time - it is very serious - it was your duty to get this investigated!

I've just really noticed this one Fred, I most certainly hope you reported this to the Police at that time - it is very serious - it was your duty to get this investigated!
    Which police force do you think I should have reported it to?

The police were well aware of usenet and the things which were said on there but they were powerless to do anything about it, it was impossible to tell even which country a person was posting from. Servers like Altopia offered complete anonymity for a small price. Some of us tried hard to get Altopia UDPd but we never succeeded.

Have you also read what Craig Murray has to say about the opium trade in Afghanistan?

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archiv...ported_af.html

Or here where he says British troops are dying to protect the drug barons?

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archiv...ghanistan.html
    Not read it yet Fred, but I'll get round to it. Actually just went on his site and ordered the Caholic Orangemen of Togo, tried previously but the paypal wasn't working. I like Murray's style, and he certainly has no problem in talking straight (not usual amongst the diplomatic corps), he certainly has flaws (who doesn't) but is brave enough to not try and hide them..............he obviously has a "bit"of an axe to grind, but not so that you would question his integrity. Pretty sure I recall him mentioning links between the Uzbek president (hos brother) and Afghan drug barons in Murder in Samarkand...............which is a book I really would recommend to anyone with an interest in diplomacy, International affairs etc.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy View Post
    Not read it yet Fred, but I'll get round to it. Actually just went on his site and ordered the Caholic Orangemen of Togo, tried previously but the paypal wasn't working. I like Murray's style, and he certainly has no problem in talking straight (not usual amongst the diplomatic corps), he certainly has flaws (who doesn't) but is brave enough to not try and hide them..............he obviously has a "bit"of an axe to grind, but not so that you would question his integrity. Pretty sure I recall him mentioning links between the Uzbek president (hos brother) and Afghan drug barons in Murder in Samarkand...............which is a book I really would recommend to anyone with an interest in diplomacy, International affairs etc.
    Hi Scotsboy -
    Was there not a problem with this book? "I have been obliged to self-publish my new book, The Catholic Orangemen of Togo and Other Conflicts I Have Known, because legal threats from mercenary commander Tim Spicer scared off my publisher:" A free download:?

http://www.oldholborn.net/2009/01/ca...free-copy.html

Threats of legal action from Spicer, but it is avaialble on Amazon and direct from the author. I have a free download, but it does not work well on the ereader I have, and I dont like reading that much on the laptop...............anyway dont grudge paying the author for his time and effort.

Colonel Tim eh, now that's a can of worms!

At least he's doing well out of Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post

I have actually been waiting for the stuff to hit the fan after the release of Simon Mann from Equatorial Guinea............Mark Thatcher, Fredrick Forsyth et al must be a wee bit on edge

Not nearly as well as some are.

http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?i...onid=351020601

"In a further revelation, a classified memo from Blair to former US President Bush showed the full extent of his support for the toppling of Saddam Hussein.

"The personal note shows that Blair wrote eight months before the Iraqi invasion: 'You know, George, whatever you decide to do, I'm with you.' "

Now, lo and behold, Blair is £20,000,000 richer. Let me see now, that would be equivalent to about £15 for every dead Iraqi.

Default pay up

Fred, Anfield et al: the time for you to answer the question is now. Are you willing to withhold a portion of your income tax and redirect it to a pacifist charity? If you are not prepared to do this then you are being inconsistent. Even, dare I say it - hypocrtical.

If the worst came to the worst a spell in jail would enhance your moral standing immeasurably. I'd even send you a cake - but without a file included(I am what you would call a warmonger!)

I await your reply with interest.
    Richard Sutherland

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Fred, Anfield et al: the time for you to answer the question is now. Are you willing to withhold a portion of your income tax and redirect it to a pacifist charity? If you are not prepared to do this then you are being inconsistent. Even, dare I say it - hypocrtical.

If the worst came to the worst a spell in jail would enhance your moral standing immeasurably. I'd even send you a cake - but without a file included(I am what you would call a warmonger!)

I await your reply with interest.
    We want to talk about the killing of innocent civilians in Afghanistan.

If you want to talk about us find someone else to do it with.

Why do you pro war people always have to make it personal? Why did you feel you had to call us "hypocritical"? Can't you just debate the issues?

Default in the clink

Fed, I enclose a useful contact number for you.
    I fail to see how you can say I have launched a personal attack on you.
    Because I mentioned a cake? With a file?
    Fred, that was a joke. I guess I'm not very good at jokes. Bear with me as I hone my skills.
    I take it then from your last post that basically this thread is a place to vent.
    I had thought you were more of an action man!
    After all, these are important issues. Hence the URL below. Note that it is a Scottish site - I am not sure what side of the border you hail from, but that can be sorted out.
    Also I think I may be able to get you a lawyer who specializes in defending pacificists who are about to be ground down under the heel of the state. (And that's no joke!)

http://www.peaceandjustice.org.uk/
    Richard Sutherland

Sorry Stavro, please don't take this the wrong way but I can't be bothered right now...
    I'm not bothered, Phill. You asked me a question and I gave you an answer that required just a little effort on your part. That you can't be bothered to investigate possible root causes for the slaughter of innocents in Afghanistan and Iraq is your problem, not mine.