Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Nato strike kills a number of Afghanistan civilians

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    "Carry on as usual lads" - what an insult coming from you. You've no idea of the mindset of 'these lads' - pity you have no personal experience of 'war' - one tends to think you would not be cackling then..
    I have no experience of the mindset of rapists and mass murderers either but that doesn't exclude me from commenting on them. I wasn't a Nazi Storm Trooper in WWII but I don't think that excludes me from any conversations about them.

For over eight years I've been reading about innocent Afghani women and children we've blown to bits, yes the killing of civilians is the norm not the exception.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020403

*Post Deleted*
    Last edited by The Drunken Duck; 22-Feb-10 at 21:12. Reason: Spoilt the flow of the pointless arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I have no experience of the mindset of rapists and mass murderers either but that doesn't exclude me from commenting on them. I wasn't a Nazi Storm Trooper in WWII but I don't think that excludes me from any conversations about them.

For over eight years I've been reading about innocent Afghani women and children we've blown to bits, yes the killing of civilians is the norm not the exception.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020403
    Oh my God. What a silly response, comparing rapist and mass murderers to our boys in Afghanistan - It's interesting, not to say telling, to note you seem to actually believe the propaganda of Press TV???!

Come on Fred, calm down. Tell you what, nip down to Inverness to the Recruiting Office (three of my boys did), sign on and get your bum out there and sort 'em out, it's the only way. Best of luck..

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    So it's ok to kill someone providing that it is done withing the "Rules of engagement" What a completely stupid supposition.

Wars are fought on a simple basis - kill or be killed.

You play to your strengths, We bomb from the air and the other side use IED's (improvised explosive device).
    Yes.

And you point is?

Oh my God. What a silly response, comparing rapist and mass murderers to our boys in Afghanistan - It's interesting, not to say telling, to note you seem to actually believe the propaganda of Press TV???!

Come on Fred, calm down. Tell you what, nip down to Inverness to the Recruiting Office (three of my boys did), sign on and get your bum out there and sort 'em out, it's the only way. Best of luck..
    What did you expect me to believe, that we are killing all these innocent people in Afghanistan looking for the person behind 9/11?

The American invasion of Afghanistan was illegal and based on lies, these innocent women and children are dying as a result. We have no possible claim to self defence, Afghanistan was no threat to us, we are the aggressors.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyr1 View Post
    You know Fred, I read your posts and in my opinion you do have some good points.
    Within the rules of engagement....made up as one goes along... dependent upon the circumstances.
    Similar to heavy water released at a Nuke plant, or contaminated air....after 72 hours or so as it has dissipated..now within acceptable limits....
    Yes collatoral damage....but why are we there?? Could it be the almighty Oil??
    And guess what...we, as the average person will never know.
    Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...it's too complicated....
    I think there are many reasons for the invasion of Afghanistan not least because American companies had a lot of oil and gas in the Caspian they wanted to get to India.

But I think one of the major reasons for the war in Afghanistan was to give NATO something to do.

And for those of us who know a wee bitty about these things, are we still maligned for not agreeing with your thoughts.
    Perhaps we are trying to convert those who have a history of thousands of years of their 'status quo' to look at life as we do.....
    Yes perhaps we are trying to bring them Christianity et cetera but have we got to kill them to succeed??
    Am not saying the 'war' is wrong/ just opening it all up to thoughts.....and remember the Russians were there for 11 years and then the 'bad guys' were being funded by the US...Wonder who is funding the 'bad guys' now??
    Food for thought....

I was not out to make or score points, I was merely making an observation on the futilities and lies of all wars

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    As aAdolf Eichmann once said about holocaust.
    "..10 is a lot, 100 more and anything over that is a statistic.." (or words to that effect)
    Are you referring to 'One death is a tradgedy, one million deaths is a statistic'?

A quote by a mass murderer, certainly - but attributed to our ally Uncle Joe Stalin.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject - Winston Spencer Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda the flump View Post
    Are you referring to 'One death is a tradgedy, one million deaths is a statistic'?

A quote by a mass murderer, certainly - but attributed to our ally Uncle Joe Stalin.
    Thank you for correction.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyr1 View Post
    And for those of us who know a wee bitty about these things, are we still maligned for not agreeing with your thoughts.
    Perhaps we are trying to convert those who have a history of thousands of years of their 'status quo' to look at life as we do.....
    Yes perhaps we are trying to bring them Christianity et cetera but have we got to kill them to succeed??
    Am not saying the 'war' is wrong/ just opening it all up to thoughts.....and remember the Russians were there for 11 years and then the 'bad guys' were being funded by the US...Wonder who is funding the 'bad guys' now??
    Food for thought....
    No of course not, you can think what you like, I'm not bothered.. bit off track, but don't really think we're trying to bring 'em the teachings of Christ.. but was given to understand that Afghan was a cradle for those folkies who wanted to use the country to train in and then come out and blow us lot to bits..

An excellent post Drunken Duck, certainly helps to have insights like this
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject - Winston Spencer Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunken Duck View Post
    *Post Deleted*
    Well join in the pointless argument then

Pray tell me what happened to that post?? Deleted?? By whom. It was quite informative

No of course not, you can think what you like, I'm not bothered.. bit off track, but don't really think we're trying to bring 'em the teachings of Christ.. but was given to understand that Afghan was a cradle for those folkies who wanted to use the country to train in and then come out and blow us lot to bits..

Actually it was really in relation to your comment to Fred....
    I've always felt that to understand death you don't have to experience it....i.e. to be shot & killed doesn't mean you have to have it done to you.

The teachings of christ wasn't meant literally......
    I know personally of people who went to Jordan to train the Afganis, and it was beyond that culture to understand our culture. It is like us....the UK and North America taking in Nigerian Boy Soldiers and then thinking that they will adhere to our way of life.....they just don't understand it...interesting article read recently on the teaching of the East..... they are attempting to soften their teachings in newer books, but there is little money to print new books so....they revert back to what their parents/ grandparents were told....because of the old books....am not being critical of anyones comments/ just that there are 'different ways to skin a cat'. Oh gawd now I will be up for cruelty!!!
    And I don't condone the killing/ I am aware of someone who was killed.....not nice....
    But we shouldn't get the George Bush mentality....'Lets Smoke em'......

Between 1963 and 1965, in Fort Benning, the terrorist Luis Posada Carriles received CIA training in explosives and sabotage.

In 1984, following the signing of the Panama Canal Treaty, the School of the Americas relocated from Fort Gulick (Panama) to Fort Benning. After criticism concerning human rights violations committed by a number of graduates in Latin America, the school was renamed Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation.

In 1988 Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols and Michael Fortier (the Oklahoma City bombing conspirators) met while in training at Ft Benning.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Benning

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    ... it appears to me that this is more akin to strategic bombing, if NATO are targeting the movement of insurgents.
    "Strategic bombing" - otherwise known as indiscriminate slaughter.

Could someone please tell me why Afghanis living in their own country are called "insurgents"?

Both valid comments....'Do as we say and not as we do'....

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    "Strategic bombing" - otherwise known as indiscriminate slaughter.
    We're only trying to win their hearts and minds, we aint too bothered if their arms and legs get blown off so long as we get the hearts and minds.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    We're only trying to win their hearts and minds, we aint too bothered if their arms and legs get blown off so long as we get the hearts and minds.
    Yes, and we'll make them grow opium poppies again, such that our democracy (the envy of the world) can keep the hospitals and morgues full of addicts.

And we'll jolly well build that oil and gas pipeline that their government (beastly fellows) had rejected.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast