Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHS Class of 1974

mandyscudder Guest

CORKY?????!!! Now I'm confused!!!! Sorry I got the wrong one!! I'm no further on so I need more details PLEASE!! What's your real name? Did you have dead straight fairish hair in the High School days?

Reply has to be immediately or I won't sleep tonight!!!

Love Mandy

mandyscudder Guest

Hi Ruby

Jacqueline?!!! Yes, she's fine, believe me!!! Still kicking up her heels as always!!!!! She moved house recently so she's been a bit SLACK on the communication side of things!!!! LOVE YOU TOO JACQUELINE!

In all the years of High School I honestly thought you and Andrew Webster were brothers!!!! You seemed to look so much alike (well as far as I was concerned anyway!!).

ROSEBANK!!! Don't get me back to THEM days or we'll be here forever!!! Those were DEFINITELY thee best days of my younger years!!! Many a 'brilliant' night I had in there! I always associate that place with two good friends of mine, Brian Beattie and Gordon Simpson so it's quite sad sometimes to think about all the memories from WAY BACK THEN!!!!

Will get back in touch with those email addresses that you were after.

Love Mandy

Rube Bain Guest

Mandy

Hear Hear. I have often thought of both lads you mentioned down thru the years as I knew them both very well. I'm offshore for a while so you may not hear from me. I'll try to get logged on from out there though.

Rube Bain Guest

It's not often I visit these pages but I've had a scout around and found a lot of this stuff absolutely hilarious....class of 77 gossip column in particular. It's been 20 years almost since I lived in Wick, and it brought back the kind of banter and crack that we 'awl used til hev at eh skoohal' and which I never hear much of now. I was sitting here roarin an laughin at e cheek going back and fore. Pure Wick. I realised how we all got through the long crappy winters back in the 70's we wur snorkel parkas and merrimates. (nope those weren't condoms either)

Anonymous Guest

Mandy,

I had dead straight light brown hair which with the distance of time I guess could come out fairish. Real name David Cormack - same as the other Corky who was also in my year at school. Must of been a bit confusing for teachers especially our English teacher Mr Gladstone (Happy Balls) who had in one row five Davids including myself and Corky sitting in front of each other!!!

Judging by your reunion year you may have been in the same year as my sister Fiona but I'd have to check that with her.

In the Roser I hung about with some other die hard High Society fans - Gavin Oag, Graham Ball, Richard & Johnnie Polanski, Warren Izzet, Calum Roberts (last seen diving off Australia - you haven't seen him have you?) et all. Females included Amanda Robertson, Lewis-Ann Sandison, Rhoda Sutherland, Sheila Budge, Mairi Macleod etc.

More clues later if this doesn't help.

Corky.

Anonymous Guest

Rube,Merrimates cheesus min ah hed forgotten them things actually exsisted along wi splicer bars breaktime wis never eh same. Can ye mind eh tuck shop slang eg. |two meats a jam and a cream please lol whit a bunch oh numpties we must hev sounded.

Snorkle parkas and Kagools ye couldna see where ye were goin wi at Parka thing zipped up fully and ye could fold yer kagool intae a wee parcel.

Shame the Rosebank folded eh as many a good nicht wis spent jiggin in at place. I mind it being open with discos on on a Tues, Thur,Fri Sat & Sunday and busy nearlly all of the time.

Anonymous Guest

Mandy, cheesus wummin ye must ken Corky, Cormacks Jewelers now theres a big clue fur yee. Fur yer info Fiona wis a year below me so Scudds that means 2 years below you cos a know yer maths isnae that great.

mandyscudder Guest

Hi Corky

Can't stand not knowing people who I REALLY SHOULD KNOW OR KNOW OFF, considering age, same school etc!! Anyway, I have had a few people on the case and, at last, I know something about the Cormacks!!! My friend Katrina placed your brother in my mind so I can remember him, but can't picture you or your sister. Thanks for your efforts though in trying to GET ME TO SLEEP!!!!

I recognised ALL of the people whom you said you hung around with. EVERYONE OF THEM so why I can't picture you remains a mystery!

One of the people, who I had on your case, mentioned that you may have been the DUX of the school at one stage?!!!!!

Bye for now

Love Mandy

Anonymous Guest

Mandy,

Never made the dizzy heights of DUX - I think that was Warren Izzet. I was a short *Swearword*d git surrounded by a bunch of six foot somethings so you probably couldn't see me for the general melee.

Corky.

Anonymous Guest

Rube

I remember the days of High Society and the Roser too well. Standing at the corner of the bar or the pool table on a Tues, Thurs, Fri, sat and sometimes even a Sunday night, how did we survive.

We served or apprenticeship at the same time and were always getting into trouble. If you can't put a face to my name, My nickname was very similar to Corky??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gordiecormack on 10-Dec-2001 11:34pm ]</font>

Anonymous Guest

Wilson Abernethy comes home most weekends.

Anonymous Guest

Anonymous Guest

For more information about the School reunion for those who started Wick High in

1974 check out the reunion page on this site.

Anonymous Guest

This is really happening - start booking folks.

Ruby, Andy, Bert & Mike start tuning up???

Rube Bain Guest

Folks
    There have been one or two suggestions that High Society reform and play a few numbers at this reunion. So far I've seen a date set for late July this year. But we've had no real approach, and I guess (speaking for myself here) it seems a bit presumptuous just to turn up.
    Having spoken to Wilson Abernethy, Andy Webster, and Mike Inglis...(all of whom I tracked down with help from various other folk on these message boards.....many thanks), if you want something to happen then someone would need to tell us what you want and we can then see if we can respond. I would've thought there was great scope for quite a unique evening of fun....you could have a 'period' disco playing songs from schooldays that folk perhaps nominate in advance. Personally, if I get invited (and it isn't my reunion year!) I'll be drinking pernod and lemonade all night, southern comfort and lemonade, all washed doon with copious quantities of cider, whilst smoking all of Wilson Abernethy's Silk Cut cigarettes! (I don't even smoke anymore but it would be authentic 1979-80)
    Seriously, none of us have heard much at all about what is planned bar the date, and it would need some 'firming up' before anything could happen in the way of a band as we'd need time to get some of the old songs together.

Anonymous Guest

Now it's all over and the hangover has receded somewhat I'd just like to thank the organisers for getting us all together for the night.

I for one had a great time and only wish it could have been longer and had longer to speak to some people as it seemed a bit of a frantic dash at times.

Anyway a good night - see you all in ten years time for our fiftieths.

Corky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12