Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHS Class of 1974

Anonymous Guest

I hear rumours of a reunion for those joining WHS in 1974. Anyone got details ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayh on 6-Oct-2001 10:22pm ]</font>

Anonymous Guest

There has been an initial meeting about a reunion for the WHS intake of 1974. Hope to have further details posted on caithness.org within the next few days.

Anonymous Guest

Hello my sister Donna would like to attend this reunion,so if anyone has any details about it could you e-mail me with the information.Thank you.

mandyscudder Guest

Look at us LITTLE SISTERS looking after BIG SISTERS!!! My sister Rowena was also in that year and, on behalf of her, SHE'D LOVE TO GO!!!! She was as excited as I was when I was organising mine. I was also speaking to ALICE WATT tonight and she's interested as well so hopefully more details will appear soon so that things can get rolling for yous!

Mandy

Anonymous Guest

I know two people down here in the Granite City who would definately make this one if it becomes a goer.

Following on a strand from a previous topic how about persuading High Society to reform for this one? We'd have Ching chucking himself off the stage during the triple guitar solo from Ruby, Bert & Suds on Freebird!!!

Anonymous Guest

"High Society" that is a blast from the past. Now that was music !

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayh on 3-Nov-2001 11:15pm ]</font>

Anonymous Guest

This one is dropping down the message board so either no-one is reading it or no-one is really interested.

Has there been any further developments since the initial meeting way back in October. I'd like to help but not living local anymore and having some considerable other commitments (a five year old and a two year old for starters) feel I'm unable to take a leading hand. I would, however, have no problem sending out letters or assisting in any other way if someone up North could take the lead.

We'll all be forty or thereabouts next year so lets see what we can do.

Anonymous Guest

The reunion is going ahead in July 2002.We are having a few technical dificulties in getting publicity organised on the net. But as they say watch this space.

Anonymous Guest

Nice one. I'll start booking holidays now!!

Anonymous Guest

Glad to hear news on the event. Looking forward to it already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayh on 22-Nov-2001 9:56pm ]</font>

Rube Bain Guest

A quick 'Hello' to all of you potential year of '74 reunion-ers (is there such a word?!). My name is Ruby Bain (formerly of High Society, now of expanding waistline and receding hairline)...for 'yon cheels' who didn't know me, I'm actually a bloke (last time I looked) and I got lumbered with the name Ruby nevertheless! But it's stood me in good stead over the years.

I spoke to Andy Webster (the drummer out of High Society) recently and he'd mentioned a get-together. I'd love to meet up with Mike Inglis (Ching) the bass-player who was always a bit nuts, and I'd heard Bert Abernethy was now in Aberdeen...haven't seen him for perhaps 15 years or so. Dunno where Suds is, but I'd be game for it if we could get everyone together. Why not get ambitious here and really push the boat out.....period music (circa 1979-80), a master of ceremonies, people putting in lists of memories, funny stories etc to be read out, live webcast, DVD will follow....he he. Now that would be something. I can actually remember every song we played in High Society and in which order just about.....funny how those things stay with you. That'd be a real strange trip playing all those old songs again. Andy Webster is online but probably doesn't use it that much, I'm not sure whether he visits these message boards....and perhaps someone knows how to get in touch with Ching nowadays....I noticed his younger brother (John?) may have been involved with Mandy Scudder's years reunion last year. Maybe someone here knows how to get in touch.

Bert Abernethy I haven't seen for perhaps 17 years, and I spoke to him last a long time ago. Wouldn't know how to get in touch....again maybe someone here does. All the best to you all, and hope that you manage to get it organised.

Rube Bain Guest

I noticed first I said 15 years for Bert Abernethy, then 17 years....I was counting on my fingers as the message wore on! Doesn't time fly by? Cheers.

mandyscudder Guest

Hi Ruby!!!! It's a small world indeed!!! You emailed my good friend Jacqueline Beattie earlier this year and sent her a photo of you and your bride which she sent on to me to see if I could remember you. I can remember 'HIGH SOCIETY' as though it was yesterday and I remember the group of guys that all hung around together.

Leave it with me with regards to email addresses for both WILSON ABERNETHY and CHING as I think I know how to get a hold of them both. I actually emailed Wilson at the beginning of the year, when he was just moving from Wick down to Aberdeen and I know a good friend of CHING'S brother who might be able to get his address.

Will get back to you as soon as I can.

Love Mandy

Anonymous Guest

Ruby - I think I've still got a tape of you guys playing - probably in the attic along with all the vinyl stuff that CD players can't handle.

Mandy - Do you know absolutely everyone from Caithness??

Corky.

Anonymous Guest

Hello Ruby, If "Suds" is the same Ian Sutherland, brother of Gavin then he's still alive n' kickin' on e' Week Side wi' ma sister Karen. I go down to see them often so will pass on any info to him. They are on line as well but I canny find their e-mail address!! I will speak to them this weekend or earlier though & see if he fancies diggin' e guitar oot again! He still strums occasionally in e hoose, am sure he's no mellowed musically wi age so I doubt if he's progressed on till Jim Reeves or anything !!!!!!!!

Cheers

Pozy

Anonymous Guest

Ruby, hows things ok as far as i know the last i heard of Ching he was working in Japan for the Mitsubishi corporation, David Green married a Russian girl and lives in Kirkaldy with her and his kid. Changed days since we lived in Fonthill road in Aberdeen.

mandyscudder Guest

Hi Corky

You are the Corky, brother of Brian and married to Linda aren't you?!!!! If not then just ignore this!!!!

If it is you, how you going?!!!!! Still with Linda, kids etc? Details please!!!

Always being the 'nosey parker', yip, I like to keep up to date with everyone/thing etc so I don't let too much go past me!!!!!! As my friends back home tell me, I know more about the local goss than they do!!!!!!

Not that I know anything about YOU of course!

Speak soon

Love Mandy

Anonymous Guest

Mandy - Wrong Corky - I'm the brother of Evelyn, Fiona & Andrew, Married to Caroline, 2 kids. Probably one of the group of guys you rememeber hanging round together.

Ruby - Found the tape in the loft - it's a bit rough round the edges but Berts vocals come through nice and clear!!

Corky

Anonymous Guest

Corky, Berts Vocals???? now there is a scary thought. Bert is now working in Aberdeen but don't know where, could find out from Lesley if anyone wants to know...

Rube Bain Guest

Mandy,

I can remember you well too....though I was probably quite a quiet bloke when I didn't have a guitar round my neck. I haven't heard from Jacqueline for yonks though, I hope she's fine. I followed your years reunion with interest, as I knew quite a few in your year...I can mind you all regularly 'at eh Roser'. It's fascinating to see where everyone has ended up. Drop me a line anytime.

Corky, grand to see you're still kicking around!!...I wouldn't mind getting a copy of that tape. I have precious little of anything from those days (I never thought a camera was important when I was a teenager) and although I think I'd probably cringe if I heard the tape now, it's something I'd love to have just as a keepsake for myself.

Richie....long time dude! I haven't seen you for years...I knew aboot 'Greener'...wasn't it Azerbijan or some place like that, that his wife came from? What a laugh Davie was.

Pozy, if you can get in touch with suds then please do. I knew your sis too....remember I've known you guys since 1968 when you lived next door to us at the airport. Wow! we are getting old min! All the best to you all (sound like Santa Claus there)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast